Remember a few months back when we sent out a survey asking for your opinions on the forums? Well - we've compiled all of your answers and made a TON of changes.
The biggest one - we've upgraded the software to something much bigger and better so we can have more of a community than just an online forum.
I was going to write a big thing about how much I love you all (I really do) and how you're all amazing (you are) and are an inspiration for everyone (again, you are) but there are a LOT of changes going on here, I'm going to just get started.
1) We can now be found at both nerdfitness.com/community AND rebellion.nerdfitness.com
2) The migration broke a few things. A bunch of your signatures are broken.
To fix/edit your signature, look up in the upper right hand corner by your name. Click the little down arrow, and click on "My Settings".
(If you don't have a dropdown, click the little image with the person NEXT to your name, that will take you to your settings)
In this screen, on the left you will have a bunch of options. Edit Signature is one of them.
This is where you edit your signature. You can no longer have images in your signatures, and it is restricted to 10 lines. I will be implementing a system probably next week to put your class crests underneath your avatar, so this should solve that issue (this was a choice on our end, not a software limitation)
While we're in the user settings, lets go over a few things:
3) Some (most) avatars did not copy over. You will need to re-upload these. To do this, go to the upper right hand corner again, click on the little down arrow, and go to "My Profile". Hover over the image of you (the fake person) and you will see it say "change". This is how you change your avatar.
- You can edit your profile picture here. This is DIFFERENT than your avatar.
- You can edit your time zone, email address, and password here too. basic account admin stuff.
- You can now change your display name. Your username will stay the same (you can not change your username) You can only do this once every 150 days, so make the choice wisely
- Anything you've ever attached to a post can also be managed here.
- Lastly, in this section there are a whole slew of new notification options
There's a status update in your profile screen as well. This shows up in the community homepage. I'm not sure what else it does
4)If you look at the top navigation, we have a few new sections.
This is what you see when you first browse to nerdfitnessrebellion.com.
Here we are going to have announcements, FAQ's, Challenges, etc posted. We will also be adding Rebellion updates (we did a few of these on the blog last spring, but are bringing them back here) and Member of the Month
Chat room is now integrated within the site. You can still use an IRC client, instructions for that are here.
You can now upload albums of both images and videos.
Supported filetypes: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, tiff, flv, f4v, mp4, mov, m4a, m4v, 3gp, avi, wmv, mpg, mpeg, mkv, swf
Sorry about all of the cats, I was trying to upload a LOT of photos to see if I could break the software
You can add any events here - from races you are running to rebellion meetups. Birthdays also show on this calendar.
Sadly this is not the same map as before. Add yourself
5) Subscription Options
6) Other Notes
- To subscribe to a thread, click on "Follow this Topic" in the upper righthand corner under "View New Content" in the Navigation bar.
- To view content you follow, click on the arrow next to your name in the VERY upper righthand corner of your screen, and click on "Content I follow"
- The "View New Content" feature on the right hand section of the navigation bar to that is pretty cool too. If you click that, in the left hand navigation you will see an "Other" category with some cool subscription like options
7) Bugs/Feature Requests
- Search function is much much much better.
- If you look at the top right corner of the navigation bar, you'll see a pin like button. Click it. It's a new "Quick Nav" feature.
- I am getting everything set up to work well on Tapatalk, Forum Runner, and it has it's own forum app.
- I'm still playing with the colors in the theme. I know a few are off, but feel free to send any over to me via the system below in case I didn't see that one
If you come across any bugs, having any issues with your account, or have any suggestions please put in a ticket here. This will be replacing the Nerd Fitness Suggestions forum.
There will be a lot of other changes/tweaks to the forums over the next few weeks (this is just the beginning!), so please send over whatever suggestions you want I just wanted to get everything up and running first!
Next challenge information will come shortly
P.S. Also I apologize for the excessive downtime, it ended up taking over 20 hours just to migrate the posts - to which I couldn't do anything but sit back and watch!