Are there any motorcycle riders?

And yet another SV650! Actually I'm on my second one, both curvies :D And a Buell M2 Cyclone. Got a thing for V-twins

yeah- I like me some Torque.

I had a Honda 600 and it just... after switching- nope. really happy with the SV.  People were really made at me for trading "down" form a SS- but I have to be honest- the twin is just so much sexier and way more fun to ride- everywhere.

I can't wait to hit the hills again this year- last year was not a good year for riding.

I need a new chain so that has slowed me up as well- but this summer- trips- things- riding- all the things!!!! 

• Like 1

Epic photo!!!!

Yeah, I had a GSX 750 before I got the SV, very fast, but nowhere near as much fun! The Buell is just awesome though.. And LOUD!!!! :D

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I learned to ride on a buddy's KTM 900. I was hooked the first I even twitched on the throttle. 

I shopped online and brought a 2006 Buell Ulysses xb12x (yes yes, I know, I know. A 1200 as my first bike?!? Actually 1203, but who's counting ;P), which the guy who taught me to ride went to Vancouver, picked up, and rode back here for me. I didn't have my license yet! I got the bike, spent a few weeks riding as often as I could find a partner to go with, and then went for my road test! BAM! I had my class 6! BOOYAH! 

With the short wheelbase (1.37m), high seat height (84cm), 103 HP and 84 ft-pds of torque, this bike moves, and it loves to stand up. I have scared the crap out of myself on a few occasions when the throttle was a bit snappy, and the clutch work was a tad fast...

Some of the roads around here are not well suited for high speeds, but some are. I MIGHT have gotten it up to 210kph once or twice, but if I did, I don't need to do it anymore. That speed would be crazy scary! :) hehehe

There are some amazing roads here in the Yukon. Rife with wildlife, strewn with beauty, and steeped in history. 

• Like 1

Damn this lousy weather! I pulled the bike out of the shed last week coz the sun was shining and it was warming up. Got it all fired up, charged the battery, lubed the chain, the cables, checked the oil and the tyre pressures.... And it's rained every day since. Damn!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Show off!!!! :P

Anyway, it's a KTM! You're meant to ride it in adverse weather/terrain. I think it's legit to call you a pussy if you ever ride it on the road, in nice weather, lol!

I am being a pussy, and I admit it. I was too sore to be able to ride last year and I need to try and build up some time on the bike before sailing to the TT this year, but I'm not going out in the pissing rain. Not yet.

It's Scotland. There will be plenty of opportunity to ride in the rain another day....

• Like 2

Don't bother, it's totally overrated. The weathers crap, you hardly see any of the track, and it's all a bit hyped up.

Nah, just kidding! It's fucking AWESOME!!!!!!! :D :D :D

• Like 2

I have my motorcycle license, but I had no time to practice between school and cold weather and the fact that my bike was constantly in a state of needing fixing.  We sold it and there's nothing around I can ride or afford.  So, I'm kind of back at square one, but I know how to ride and would like to again at some point.

I'm more of a backseat rider though.  My fiance is the gearhead and looovveeess his bikes.  He's crazy about track days and an opportunity to take his babies on the street.  We're hopefully getting something more comfortable for the 2 of us to take longer rides (Multistrada?), but not for another month.  And we're going on a huge group ride from CT to VT in August, but that's a while off.  So all my gear is sitting in my closet being very sad.
I think I need to get something for myself in the not-too-distant future.

• Like 1

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

I love riding dual sport in VT, so many great dirt roads.

It's funny you should mention that.  My fiance and his friend got in an argument the other week over whether certain dual sports would be good on dirt roads.  Many twisted words later, they never really came to a conclusion.  I guess we'll see when we do test rides down in PA!  Maybe I'll share more when I actually co-own one again.

http://thecraftygerman.blogspot.com/

Amazon Princess, Level 2 Rebel

Starting Weight: 185 (May 1, 2017)/ Goal Weight: 160 / Current Weight: 170 (July 19, 2017)

I'm thinking I should thin the herd, but I can't decide which one to let go. Not the SV...ever. Hello, my name is Eric and I'm a motohaulic.

garage_zps10cbd690.jpg

Send one my way... I'll take care of it, and you can visit whenever you like...

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)