THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, Nov 10th. There is a two week break this time! See you soon rebels!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo
- - - - -

Paleo Breakfast

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Matthijs

Matthijs

Rookie

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'm really loving the egg muffins. I'm playing with the right flavor combinations (first batch was lacking in taste) but this is a keeper!

#2 Ang0488

Ang0488

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:16 AM

The Dexter Breakfast: Fried pork, eggs, a blood orange.

YES please!
  • GeminiDragon likes this

#3 Fitness Padawan

Fitness Padawan

Recruit

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

I think I'll have to try he egg muffins for the next 6 week challenge. Thanks for the idea!

Try not. Do or do not. There is no try - Yoda

"A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't matter what you pack it with, as long as it opens at the right time."

#4 gerishnakov

gerishnakov

Rookie

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:59 AM

The Dexter Breakfast: Fried pork, eggs, a blood orange.

That always makes me so hungry when I watch Dexter! I keep meaning to eat that meal, but given my weekday morning timeframe I think it's going to be just for weekends.

What I tend to do for weekdays is make a big batch of fruit salad up in advance (I'm currently eating a mix of melon, pineapple and strawberries), chuck a bit a of lemon juice on it to attempt to keep it all fresh, then serve up with cottage cheese, or if you're non dairy, coconut milk.

Edited by gerishnakov, 20 October 2011 - 07:59 AM.
Messed up quote

#5 Snake McClain

Snake McClain

Renegade

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2483 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

I have a question about the "egg muffins". 1. do i put some type of oil in the pan before putting in the bacon and if so what kind is best? 2. after i make say...a dozen or half dozen of these things, how do i keep them? fridge or freezer? 3. best way to reheat them after taking them out of fridge or freezer? just microwave? 4. how long would they last in fridge or freezer? if you were to guess. Thanks in advance team.

#6 RDOwens

RDOwens

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:30 AM

This was this morning's breakfast.

Posted Image
I love grilling on brisk mornings. I had seconds. Now I'm full . . . really full.
  • Toxophilite likes this

#7 gerishnakov

gerishnakov

Rookie

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:56 AM

Man that looks good!

#8 sandman

sandman

Renegade

• PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

I have a question about the "egg muffins".

1. do i put some type of oil in the pan before putting in the bacon and if so what kind is best?
2. after i make say...a dozen or half dozen of these things, how do i keep them? fridge or freezer?
3. best way to reheat them after taking them out of fridge or freezer? just microwave?
4. how long would they last in fridge or freezer? if you were to guess.

Thanks in advance team.

1) You may want to pre-grease the pan a bit, as the eggs will stick like a mofo, even to a non-stick pan. Supplement with some omega3 and use a little coconut oil!

2) if you foresee yourself consuming them all within a work-week, you'd probably be ok to leave them in the fridge. Any longer and you'll want to freeze some. I usually eat 2 per meal so it doesn't take long to burn through a batch.

3) I re-heat with the microwave directly from frozen. Microwaves don't do eggs any justice, but when you're at work with no other options, you take what you can get. The end result is NOT THAT BAD.

4) Fridge - I'd say a week MAX, although I've never had any sitting around longer than a few days to test that theory.
Freezer - eh.. the longest i've had a batch in the freezer is a month and they still tasted good at that point!

Enjoy. They're a delicious, quick, meal on the go - and with so many flavouring options they never really get old.
Jason

Follow my adventures!
Me | My Youtube | Facebook | RunKeeper

#9 injex

injex

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

Paleo Pancakes (6 Eggs, 4 Tbsp Almond Butter, 6 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce) Egg Omlettes with Bacon, fried in olive oil Buttered Steak with Buttered Veggies Those are my favorite paleo breakfasts, but the pancakes I only eat once a week/once every 2 weeks.

#10 ncwingnut

ncwingnut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

I'm always looking for more ideas for breakfast and these are great! I am going to print them out and make a few this weekend. I have a fridge in my office at work, so I usually bring all my lunches for the week on Monday, but I am stuck as far as breakfast goes.

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]ncwingnut Level 1 [color=rgb(0,0,0);]Dark Elf. Warrior at heart, training with the Adventurers[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);]STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 1[/color][/font]

#11 UncleTone

UncleTone

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:54 PM

This was this morning's breakfast.

Posted Image
I love grilling on brisk mornings. I had seconds. Now I'm full . . . really full.

That is my kind of breakfast. When I broke away from the idea of what breakfast had to be, the possibilities opened up. I still do eggs because they are a powerhouse, but it is not uncommon to see some chicken or beef and veggies at breakfast as well. My breakfast has begun to look more like other meals, but I say why not. No need to stick with traditional breakfast foods.

#12 gerishnakov

gerishnakov

Rookie

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:54 AM

How long would you say that takes you to prepare and cook in the morning?

#13 bondgirl311

bondgirl311

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

Omg, so many amazing ideas! I'm doing the paleo challenge in January, so I'm gonna need as many ideas as possible. And I'll have to get used to the idea of eating a salad for breakfast. I'll also have to cook up some of Dexter's breakfast as well, cuz YUM.

#14 VintageGeek

VintageGeek

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Every day my husband makes a big batch of scrambled eggs and sausage for himself and the kids, and there are always leftovers. Being a considerate husband, he puts them in a ziploc and keeps them in the fridge for me to have for MY breakfast (which occurs a couple of hours earlier, before anyone wakes up). However, as mentioned above, microwaving eggs makes them pretty freaking nasty. I can't really stomach them. Sometimes I manage to shove them down, but usually I just get a few bites then I have to bail and have something else. Is there a better way? Can I put them in a frying pan with some butter or coconut oil and reheat them that way with better results?

#15 Gainsdalf the Whey

Gainsdalf the Whey

Wizardly Warrior Mod

• Guild Leader
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9498 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:27 PM

For the egg muffins, how long do you microwave them from frozen?

495 / 305 / 575 ~ Thlim Gothodrum
Aliases: Mass-randir, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
Epic Quest and 2014 Goals Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 Current Challenge Current Workout Log
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
“It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ~ Gainsdalf

#16 matambanadzo

matambanadzo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

Where is the recipe?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users