Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:49 AM
Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:47 AM
Try not. Do or do not. There is no try - Yoda
"A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't matter what you pack it with, as long as it opens at the right time."
Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:59 AM
The Dexter Breakfast: Fried pork, eggs, a blood orange.
That always makes me so hungry when I watch Dexter! I keep meaning to eat that meal, but given my weekday morning timeframe I think it's going to be just for weekends.
What I tend to do for weekdays is make a big batch of fruit salad up in advance (I'm currently eating a mix of melon, pineapple and strawberries), chuck a bit a of lemon juice on it to attempt to keep it all fresh, then serve up with cottage cheese, or if you're non dairy, coconut milk.
Edited by gerishnakov, 20 October 2011 - 07:59 AM.
Messed up quote
Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:10 AM
Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:57 PM
I have a question about the "egg muffins".
1. do i put some type of oil in the pan before putting in the bacon and if so what kind is best?
2. after i make say...a dozen or half dozen of these things, how do i keep them? fridge or freezer?
3. best way to reheat them after taking them out of fridge or freezer? just microwave?
4. how long would they last in fridge or freezer? if you were to guess.
Thanks in advance team.
1) You may want to pre-grease the pan a bit, as the eggs will stick like a mofo, even to a non-stick pan. Supplement with some omega3 and use a little coconut oil!
2) if you foresee yourself consuming them all within a work-week, you'd probably be ok to leave them in the fridge. Any longer and you'll want to freeze some. I usually eat 2 per meal so it doesn't take long to burn through a batch.
3) I re-heat with the microwave directly from frozen. Microwaves don't do eggs any justice, but when you're at work with no other options, you take what you can get. The end result is NOT THAT BAD.
4) Fridge - I'd say a week MAX, although I've never had any sitting around longer than a few days to test that theory.
Freezer - eh.. the longest i've had a batch in the freezer is a month and they still tasted good at that point!
Enjoy. They're a delicious, quick, meal on the go - and with so many flavouring options they never really get old.
Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:12 AM
Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:31 AM
[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]ncwingnut Level 1 [color=rgb(0,0,0);]Dark Elf. Warrior at heart, training with the Adventurers[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);]STR 1|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 5|CHA 1[/color][/font]
Posted 03 November 2011 - 09:54 PM
That is my kind of breakfast. When I broke away from the idea of what breakfast had to be, the possibilities opened up. I still do eggs because they are a powerhouse, but it is not uncommon to see some chicken or beef and veggies at breakfast as well. My breakfast has begun to look more like other meals, but I say why not. No need to stick with traditional breakfast foods.
Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:54 AM
Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:21 PM
The 30-Day Paleo Challenge Extravaganza!!
bondgirl311's Battle Log - RAWR!
My Own Personal Challenge
2012 Beach Challenge aka I don't care if it's from 1994, this is my JAM!
Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:44 PM
Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:27 PM
495 / 310 / 575 ~ Thlim Gothodrum
Aliases: Mass-randir, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
Epic Quest and 2014 Goals Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 Current Challenge Current Workout Log
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
“It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” ~ Gainsdalf
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users