Motivational and Inspirational Quotes

"The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel." -- Steve Furtick

"What is the point of being on this earth if all you want to do is be liked by everyone and avoid trouble?" -- Arnold Schwarzenegger

"Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated."

"At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end."

"Yesterday you said tomorrow."

• Like 1

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

"At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end."

Great quotes, spencer! The one above I'd really like to know the author. I checked Google and I found a blog ("A Beautiful Ripple Effect" by Carolyn Rubenstein) attribute it to Christine Mason Miller in her book "Ordinary Sparkling Moments". I'll research a bit more later.

My quote today was used in that very same blog:

“We spend most of our time and energy in a kind of horizontal thinking. We move along the surface of things… there are times when we stop. We sit still. We lose ourselves in a pile of leaves or its memory. We listen and breezes from a whole other world begin to whisper.” — James Carroll

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Great quotes, spencer! The one above I'd really like to know the author. I checked Google and I found a blog ("A Beautiful Ripple Effect" by Carolyn Rubenstein) attribute it to Christine Mason Miller in her book "Ordinary Sparkling Moments". I'll research a bit more later.

That's the only place I seem to find it too, so maybe.

Here's another one for the day: "If you think you're too small to have an impact, try going to bed with a mosquito in the room."

• Like 1

Profession: Level 3 Sith Assassin, Slingshot Demon Slayer (Rank: Spy)Stats: STR 6 DEX 5.25 CON 9 STA 2 WIS 6.5 CHA 1Motto: Do you really want it? Luchar por ella.Links: Six Week Challenge | Life GoalsQOTD: HA! "Your Honor, permission to Kong Vault over the bench?" -- AtSeaLevel

Bringing this thread back from the dead! And today's is an awesome one:

"All men dream but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes to make it possible."

--T.E. Lawrence

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Some of my personal favorites.

"Because F*CK YOU, that's why."

-Me

"...And those who dare to dream...dare to do..."

-Anon (My parents hung a poster with this up in my room when I was a young boy...and now, 25ish years later, I still live by this quote.)

"You're either part of the problem, part of the solution, or just part of the landscape."

-Robert DeNiro in "Ronin"

"I'm Batman."

-Batman

• Like 1

Lv 2 Human Assassin
Str:4
Dex:3
Sta:2
Con:1
Wis:2
Cha:0
Motto: "Don't give up yet...You've still got a couple of M*therf*ckers to prove wrong!"
Previous Challenge:Challenge 1: Ryan's Quest for Inner Peace

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."

Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)

Spoiler

"Reality is something you rise above."

Liza Minnelli (1946 - )

Spoiler

"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."

-- Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

Spoiler

"Exercise relieves stress. Nothing relieves exercise."

-- Takayuki Ikkaku, Arisa Hosaka and Toshihiro Kawabata, Animal Crossing: Wild World, 2005

Spoiler

I have a collection of quotes and these so far are my favorites

1. A being afire with life, he cannot foresee death. In fact, by each of his deeds, he denies that death exists -Marguerite Yourcenar
  2. You choose to go voluntarily into the fire. The blaze might well destroy you. But if you survive, every blow of the hammer will serve to shape your being. Every drop of water wrung from you will temper and strengthen your soul -Margaret Weis
  3. And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can -Elizabeth Barrett Browning
  4. Life has a purpose and it's purpose is life -Diana Sapera (my little sister)
  5. I only believe in fire. Life. Fire. Being myself on fire I set others on fire. Never death. Fire and life. Les Jeux -Anais Nin
  6. You must be the change you wish to see in the world -Mahatma Gandhi
  7. Do not let the fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the Hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desire can be won. It exists. It is real. It is possible. It is yours – Ayn Rand
  8. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves – Hospitaler Kingdom of Heaven

Sorry if any of these are repeated, but these ring a personal echo with me.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

-- Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

• Like 1

Spoiler

[my own comments, as not to mess up the quotes]

----------------------

"A person less fortunate than yourself deserves the best you can give. Because of duty, and honor, and service. You understand those words? You should do your job right, and you should do it well, simply because you can, without looking for notice or reward."

[i think it as a general reminder, not just when helping someone. When feeling lazy, this is a verbal slap in the face.]

"I had been beaten many times. But I had never just quit. Not once. Not ever. If I quit now, it would eat me up the rest of my days. Jack Reacher, quitter. Walked away when the going got tough."

[Reminds me of the aftermath of giving up.]

"You reap what you sow."

[Many of my whinings stop right there.]

"Do it once and do it right."'

“I'm not afraid of death. Death's afraid of me.”

[This man is a badass :D ]

All the above from Jack Reacher

----------------------

"Is this really a wise strategy for living?

Insisting that most of life isn't to be taken seriously.

Relentlessly viewing it as a cosmic joke.

Having only four guiding principles: one, do as little harm to others as possible;

two, be there always for your friends; three, be responsible for yourself and ask nothing of others;

four, grab all the fun you can.

Put no stock in the opinions of anyone but those closest to you.

Forget about leaving your mark ont the world.

Ignore the great issues of your time and thereby improve your digestion.

Don't dwell in the past. Don't worry about the future. Live int the moment.

Trust in the purpose of your existence and let meaning come to you instead of straining to discover it.

When life throws a hard punch, roll with it-but roll with laughter.

Catch the wave, dude."

-Bobby Halloways’ life strategy according to Chistopher Snow in Fear Nothing,written by Dean Koontz

[Hard to follow, but wise words]

----------------------

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

~ Yoda

[Oh too many times...]

----------------------

"And every day that you wake up alive and healthy is a great day.

Never forget that." -Steve Kamb

Slightly differently from Nickelback:

"Each day's a gift and not a given right."

----------------------

"You. Yeah, you feel like shit right now. Why else are you browsing sappy tropes at 3am? But it doesn't matter. So you're not the best. You're not great. Hell, maybe you're damn terrible. But you are not worthless. You can do better. You could even be the best. Just pick yourself up, dust yourself off and do it again. You'll get there."

-TV tropes => You Are Better Than You Think => Real life examples.

[Yeah, TVtropes of all places...]

----------------------

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

True courage is being able to face your pain & move through it. A warrior, as opposed to a “survivor†transforms adversity into opportunity, and uses their pain & hardships as tenderizer for their soul. After trauma, the warrior comes out a more compassionate person; more able to empathize with & connect to others & to give of themselves.

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds.

Orison Swett Marden

An oldie but one of my favorites

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

Eleanor Roosevelt

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.

Thomas Jefferson

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

Lyrics from my current theme song get the juices flowing...

Prepare for victory!

Our minds have been awakened!

Rid your life of tyranny!

We are the resistance!

-- Iced Earth's V

Ion Aurum 0th Level Viking Monk

STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 0 | CHA 0

"Prepare for victory! Our minds have been awakened. Rid your life of tyranny. We are The Resistance." - Iced Earth's V

Guest Snake McClain

"When life gives you lemons, give life hand grenades." - Snake McClain

"Walk down road right side okay. Walk down road left side okay. Walk down road sooner or later...SQUISH. Just like grape. Karate, same thing." - Mr. Miyagi (a quote about anything we do in life. Either do it or don't do it. Don't half ass it. You'll get hurt.

“It doesn’t matter where you are, you are nowhere compared to where you can go.” -Bob Proctor

“Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.” -Andre Gide

“May the bridges I burn light the way.” - no idea where i heard this one.

“If what you’re doing is not your passion, you have nothing to lose.”

"Press on! Nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; there is nothing more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
--Calvin Coolidge.

Spoiler

“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.â€
–Amrose Redmoon

Spoiler

"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."

--Bill Cosby

Spoiler

I have no idea who the source of this one is, but it's really helped me:

"I'm not telling you that it's going to be easy, I'm telling you that it's going to be worth it."

SpiralGalaxy, Level 9 Halfling Elf Assassin
STR 17|DEX 13|STA 20|CON 13|WIS 21|CHA 15
Electromagnetics Engineer, Freelance sci-fi critic in Maryland

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."