LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

10 hours ago, shaar said:

Guess I should finally post here after some time of lurking..

Hi all!! Panromantic asexual here~ My partner is trans and currently 9 months into HRT, so we are navigating that landscape together. ^____________^

(We also live in North Carolina and are furiously hoping our state votes out McCrory and HB2 come November 8th!!!!)

Hi! I'm also the spouse of a trans person (5 months HRT!) and we used to also live in NC. But we moved to California a few months ago...

Good luck with HB2. :/ I really hope McCrory finally gets ousted.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, JMitch said:

Hi! I'm also the spouse of a trans person (5 months HRT!) and we used to also live in NC. But we moved to California a few months ago...

Good luck with HB2. :/ I really hope McCrory finally gets ousted.

It's been nice here, but we're ready to leave~  Hoping to move up to New England over the next year or two.... *crosses fingers*

I want to get a photo of the 'Flush McCrory' political signs around town, they are too good!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

9 hours ago, Reluctant Amazon said:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazon, you look so much happier! I hope your journey of self acceptance is coming along well.

Challenge | Battle Log

SW: 229 lbs CW: 150 lbs

GW1: 200 lbs GW2: 190 lbs GW3: 180 lbs GW4: 170 lbs GW5: 160 lbs GW6: 150 lbs GW7: 140 lbs GW8: 130 lbs

Ultimate Goal: Lose a total of 100 lbs

Current Total Lost: 79 lbs

Hey all! 

My name is James and I live near Edinburgh in Scotland. I'm a Transguy who had top surgery at the beginning of the month, so I'm pretty much still recovering from that. I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting or stretching for 6 weeks (until mid November in other words) but have been given the all clear to start walking and jogging (gently) again and plan on working back up to going for runs. 

I have a 9 year old daughter and have been with my partner Ross for 12 years. My transition has been hard on him and ultimately I don't know whether we'll stay together into old age or if the whole thing is going to come crumbling down at some point. I sometimes feel I am more biromantic than bisexual. 

It's good to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Hey all! 

My name is James and I live near Edinburgh in Scotland. I'm a Transguy who had top surgery at the beginning of the month, so I'm pretty much still recovering from that. I'm not allowed to do any heavy lifting or stretching for 6 weeks (until mid November in other words) but have been given the all clear to start walking and jogging (gently) again and plan on working back up to going for runs. 

I have a 9 year old daughter and have been with my partner Ross for 12 years. My transition has been hard on him and ultimately I don't know whether we'll stay together into old age or if the whole thing is going to come crumbling down at some point. I sometimes feel I am more biromantic than bisexual. 

It's good to be here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome! We're here for you.

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

@ratmagic and @The Running Man : Welcome! :D

@Reluctant Amazon : Holy crap, you look amazing!! Did you really grow out your hair that fast, or is it a hairpiece?! @_@

@Weakling : Nice pic! You look kinda grumpy tho... :P

@shaar If you do get a pic of the signs, please PM it to me! I would love to see those. xD

My wife got correctly-gendered out in public for the first time a few weeks ago. Our waitress asked "how are you ladies doing today?" and then got flustered when she wasn't sure if she'd just misgendered my spouse or not. It was kinda funny. >_> But also a nice affirmation for my wife because she wasn't even trying to pass or anything - no makeup, she even had a little bit of a 5 o'clock shadow showing. Maybe now she'll believe me when I say the hormones are making a big difference. :3

• Like 6
7 hours ago, JMitch said:

My wife got correctly-gendered out in public for the first time a few weeks ago. Our waitress asked "how are you ladies doing today?" and then got flustered when she wasn't sure if she'd just misgendered my spouse or not. It was kinda funny. >_> But also a nice affirmation for my wife because she wasn't even trying to pass or anything - no makeup, she even had a little bit of a 5 o'clock shadow showing. Maybe now she'll believe me when I say the hormones are making a big difference. :3

It's like, the best affirmation! My wife is all smiles every time it happens to us, but then she feels a bit guilty because it means the person misgendered me. And I have to be like, "it's okay, I'll take the hit for you".

• Like 2

Current Challenge: Zeroh, stick to the routine!

8 hours ago, JMitch said:

@shaar If you do get a pic of the signs, please PM it to me! I would love to see those. xD

Check it out, I found them online!!  (Under cut for size)

Spoiler

Flush-McCrory-signs.jpg

I wish I would have known about them sooner, I'd totally have one in my yard... :3

Also SO EXCITING for your wife!!  That's a huge milestone! <333333

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

That is awesome.

Sent from the dragon's lair

• Like 1

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

On 10/26/2016 at 5:37 AM, zeroh13 said:

It's like, the best affirmation! My wife is all smiles every time it happens to us, but then she feels a bit guilty because it means the person misgendered me. And I have to be like, "it's okay, I'll take the hit for you".

Yeah, technically it means I was misgendered, too, but it doesn't really bother me. ^-^;

On 10/26/2016 at 6:39 AM, shaar said:

Check it out, I found them online!!  (Under cut for size)

Hide contents

Flush-McCrory-signs.jpg

I wish I would have known about them sooner, I'd totally have one in my yard... :3

LOL, these are great!! Augh, I'm so stressed about the election results, both for NC and generally. I hope everything works out okay in the end.

21 hours ago, Reluctant Amazon said:

Oh it's totally a wig. :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haha, I was gonna say... if that's your natural hair, that would be some absolutely insane hair growth! XD

The wig really suits you, though. Like, obviously, I couldn't tell it was a wig at all!

• Like 1

Not sure why I haven't checked in here yet! Cis gender girl, pansexual ally, respect and love for all :D 

• Like 3

*NSFW language ahead.

Hard truth time.  While I identify as a queer, genderqueer person, I pretty easily pass as both straight and cis.  After last night, it really feels like passing is both a cop out and actively harmful to the community at large.  I'd like to say that I pass because it's a pain to do otherwise, but really it's because it's less confrontational and more comfortable. 

Fuck comfortable.  Fuck easy.  Fuck hiding.  Time to put people off kilter.  I'm here, I'm queer and I'm not leaving.

• Like 6

Holtzmann is my copilot.

"have you ever thought 'i am not good enough to do this?' THATS THE SOUND OF YOUR REVERSE TWIN. do not listen. you are good enough to do this" - Chuck Tingle

As of 12:33 p.m. ET, Clinton had amassed 59,583,144 votes nationally, to Trump's 59,344,988 — a margin of 238,156 that puts Clinton on track to become the fifth U.S. presidential candidate to win the popular vote but lose the election.

• Like 1

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

Since I pass as a cis-gender straight male (even though I'm not) I'm going to be doing saftey pin on the collar thing so anybody who feels threatened can pick me out of a crowd. (I also have a CCDW permit and am usually armed).

Sent from the dragon's lair

• Like 2

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

First, welcome to all the newbies :)

Haven't been too active both on this thread and the forum in general because of having too many other things to worry about/focus on in my life... still trying to read everyhting that's been posted since my last visit even without always answering.

Passing can be a good thing, especially if it draws unwanted attention away from you IMO. Although for me, the whole passing thing is a double-edged sword... because passing on the one hand may still lead to being treated differently when eating out (or doing anything similar that two guys usually don't do together unless they're business partners) because of being perceived as gay. It's not a general issue to me, especially not in a city like Munich... yet even the thought of getting too much attention from strangers makes me feel uncomfortable.

And before I forget... my condolences to all of you who are stuck in the States.

Level 3 Lizardman Assassin

STR 3 | STA 2 | DEX 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1.5 | CHA 2

To quote Platz  "or doing anything similar that two guys usually don't do together unless they're business partners" this is why I don't get homophobia.

Like many other people on this earth I had to get a roommate during/after college just so I could survive with having a car (rural, need it) and not  having to eat ramen for every meal. And now being married the only difference I see is sex, sharing a bank account and insurance

Split bills

Movies, dinner, shows together

planned meals

vacations/trips

talking/arguments

• Like 2

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim