LGBTQA and Ally Safe Space

Hi everyone! My name is Elliott and I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness through a Google search of "how to start getting in shape" and I'm so glad I did! I'm a trans man looking to get in shape as I start the process of my medical transition hopefully within the next few weeks. I'm not quite sure how this thread works but I just wanted to say hello!

• Like 6
Hi everyone! My name is Elliott and I stumbled upon Nerd Fitness through a Google search of "how to start getting in shape" and I'm so glad I did! I'm a trans man looking to get in shape as I start the process of my medical transition hopefully within the next few weeks. I'm not quite sure how this thread works but I just wanted to say hello!

Well hello there

Sent from the dragon's lair

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

Hi everyone. 24 year old queer/gay trans guy here been out for 8 years and on T for 6 of those. I had top surgery in 2013 but it went pretty badly so I'm waiting for a revision to finally get sorted out. I'm from London recently started going to the gym again after 2 years off due to an injury. I'm mostly looking to get stronger and build muscle as well as meet other nerdy queer folks that are into fitness :)

• Like 7

Another newbie introduction!

Beer Mage, married, dad, and transguy. Looking for support/accountability on my quest to be a better role model for my son (who currently identifies as "cat" ;)).

Starting my first challenge on Monday... like 20 drafts into my challenge thread and I still haven't pulled the trigger and actually posted it!

• Like 7

Beer Mage

Level 1 Rebel  |  Level 1000 Beer Drinking Wizard

This is my first challenge.

On 2016-12-02 at 5:43 PM, Beer Mage said:

Another newbie introduction!

Beer Mage, married, dad, and transguy. Looking for support/accountability on my quest to be a better role model for my son (who currently identifies as "cat" ;)).

Starting my first challenge on Monday... like 20 drafts into my challenge thread and I still haven't pulled the trigger and actually posted it!

Loooolll. Your username and icon just cheered me up, which is not an easy feat on a Monday morning ;P

I wanted to identify as a cat this morning and sleep until noon.

On 12/2/2016 at 2:58 PM, Artinum said:

Sensible lad. I'm half cat myself.

And "Beer Mage" - I love the wonderful names you guys come up with on here.

I'm way too needy to be a cat.  Dog all the way.  A fat lap dog of some sort... maybe a Frenchie?  #ithinkifoundmyspiritanimal

7 hours ago, Naxius said:

Loooolll. Your username and icon just cheered me up, which is not an easy feat on a Monday morning ;P

I wanted to identify as a cat this morning and sleep until noon.

I'm glad I could be of service.  Mondays suck.

7 hours ago, Frost of the Gloaming said:

On top of some ones head?

6 hours ago, Naxius said:

Maybe not, but I'll be sure to cry for food once I wake up, and then refuse to eat the food that I am given. This will be followed by a request that the door to be opened for me, because I will wish to stand next to it while I decide whether I want to go outside or not.

I'm a fan of the "please pet me" followed immediately by the "oh, god why are you petting me?!?!?!?!?!?!" myself...

Beer Mage

9 hours ago, Beer Mage said:

Any letter folk interested in an Accountabilibuddies (I totally had to copy and paste that word) group or a PvP?  Might be fun!

I could potentially use something like that. My struggles are making myself either go running or go to the gym. Some sort of PvP challenge might help me get back to my old discipline.

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

5 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

I'd be interested in something like this.  It's hard to stay focused and having someone on my back saying "do it!!" would help.

5 hours ago, imprimis5 said:

I could potentially use something like that. My struggles are making myself either go running or go to the gym. Some sort of PvP challenge might help me get back to my old discipline.

5 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I'd join an accountabilibuddy group. I might not have time for a PvP.

3 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Same.

Awesome!

Any ideas on what our theme should be?  What sort of posting "requirements" we should layout so that we are held accountable?

Beer Mage

So it's been a loooooomg while since I was here, so hi again. I'm a non-binary transmasculine guy, just getting back to exercise after some downtime due to dysphoria and other issues

Top surgery has super boosted me and I'm recovered so starting again :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Congrats on the top surgery!

Thanks! I wrote some stuff about it, and being trans etc, if it might help anyone. Over at leehulme.com. It's interspersed with stories but hit any of the tags and you can get blogs and a few vlogs. And ask any qs, I will talk about all the awkward stuff that's hard if it helps anyone, heh.

• Like 2

Viscura
[Cybernetic Warrior
]

Current Challenge

LEVEL: 18
STR: 23 | STA: 25 | CON: 22 | INT: 10 | WIL: 19 | DEX: 1

Stuff I do:
Write stories and talk about being trans
Various filmy/webseriesy things

Found this thread and like a madman, read the whole thing from the beginning :disillusionment:

So, um hi. An individual of mysterious and indistinct gender checking in. New to the forums, been following Nerd Fitness off and on for a few years. Dysphoria has been kicking my butt lately (I miss my binder sooooo much :'( ) but slowly climbing back on the fitness wagon to help improve things. Looking forward to the changes this year will bring!

• Like 3

My past does not define me.

My Epic Quest | My First Challenge

On 9.12.2016 at 1:46 AM, Viscura said:

Thanks! I wrote some stuff about it, and being trans etc, if it might help anyone. Over at leehulme.com. It's interspersed with stories but hit any of the tags and you can get blogs and a few vlogs. And ask any qs, I will talk about all the awkward stuff that's hard if it helps anyone, heh.

Been reading some of your writings. They are very interesting and helpful.

So, thank you! :love_heart:

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

I just respawned on the forums after a few crappy months away, and am doing a baby-steps sort of challenge (linked in my signature). I was never particularly active in this thread, but nevertheless wanted to drop by and say hello again now that I've respawned.

I'm queer and in a committed poly relationship with two impossibly wonderful people; one identifies as non-binary and the other as male.

Sometime in the next 3-6 months I am going to be supporting one of my partners who is planning to have top-surgery (both emotional support and practical stuff like dealing with bandages, wound care, and rehab exercises) and since this is something I've never done, I would love to hear any tips or wisdom from people who've been there, either someone who's gone through the surgery themselves (what support was helpful? what was not?) or someone who's helped a partner/loved one through it.

• Like 1

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17 ~ 18 ~ 19 ~ 20 ~ 21

Forum avatar is custom art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi

I was browsing the interwebs and came across this thesis done by a trans person at QUT: “"Why are you crying? You got what you wanted!” Psychosocial experiences of sex reassignment surgery"

http://eprints.qut.edu.au/94085/1/Belinda_Chaplin_Thesis.pdf

It's pretty long and I'm only in the introduction, but it looks like it could be interesting.

@Severine, one great resource for top surgery (both for people getting it and their partners/support people) is Neutrois Nonsense (that link will take you to their "top surgery" tag on the blog). Micah actually started their blog to document their experiences with top surgery as a neutrois-identifying trans person. One of their first posts documenting their journey is here: https://neutrois.me/2011/02/11/top-surgery/ 

I've been reading their stuff off and on for a while, and it's been really helpful to me.

• Like 1

My past does not define me.

My Epic Quest | My First Challenge