MEN ONLY THREAD part two

5 hours ago, Weakling said:

Reporting in to the thread... if I count as a bloke. If not, backing out (via backwards lunges!)...

Why would you not?

How is everyone today? I'm sleepy.

Yeah, mee too. Yesterday we had 25th anniversary of our local THW chapter (of wich I have been a member for more than half of that time). Official part was over at 23:30 and I contemplated of driving home (as I had only had two drinks, and given the elapsed time, would have been both legally and clinically sober again), but then choose to stay for another beer or two and sleep at the garrision instead. Well, let's just say that escalated a little. Made it home today at noon, which means I missed yoga class, and the short nap I took then also took a little longer than planned.  
Will fire up the trusty Saeco, get a coffee and then I'll leave for the boathouse... Probably not going on the water though. It is already getting dark(ish) here, but I think some squats and deadlifts would suit me fine. Party stole my gains... no. Can't let that happen!

• Like 1

Rowing, rucking, running, lifting heavy stuff. Why not do it all?

Reporting in to the thread... if I count as a bloke. If not, backing out (via backwards lunges!)...

I agree with turboseize, why would you not count as one? Blokes, dudes, guys, sirs, mates, we come in all different shapes and sizes, and even with different definitions of said title. You're a man, if you can call yourself a man, that's the only requirement.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

As I said in another thread if you feel in your heart you're a bloke then you're a bloke.

Sent from the dragon's lair

• Like 1

Race:  Dragonborn     Class:  Druid/Monk

The Journey to Force Mastery: #1 #2  #3 #4 #5 __

The Legend     The Struggle    My MFP Profile    My Strava Profile

Just be aware, that like everything else in the forums, this is not a "private" channel.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

11 hours ago, Weakling said:

Reporting in to the thread... if I count as a bloke.

This thread was started by Spezzy. Even though she could deadlift my entire body without breaking a sweat, she definitely doesn't count as a bloke, and we've had other female input before now. So "men only" is really only a suggestion.

Just throw in some stuff about beards and you'll be fine either way! :-P

• Like 2

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

1 hour ago, Artinum said:

This thread was started by Spezzy. Even though she could deadlift my entire body without breaking a sweat, she definitely doesn't count as a bloke, and we've had other female input before now. So "men only" is really only a suggestion.

This is actually the second Men Only Thread. The first one broke the forum software we were using at the time when it hit 150 pages.

• Like 6

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

On 10/16/2016 at 6:39 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm working on it. I have an easier time building muscle than burning fat.

This is pretty much me, gave up recently on losing the belly and switched to a caloric surplus and powerlifting schedule..and I'm freaking loving it.  The belly eventually has to go, but for now I want to bulk up and put some mass on.

On 11/1/2016 at 9:35 PM, Ajaxus said:

Beard posted, thanks for the link to follow

• Like 1

A true warrior does not train tirelessly to fight, or to kill. A true warrior trains endlessly that he may return home alive.
-R. Calloway

Maybe the ultimate wound is the one that makes you miss the war you got it in.
- Sebastian Junger

Challenge 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Battle Log

Doodlie PVP Johari Window

Epic Quest Character