Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This hat discussion IS decidedly manly.

So what sort of thing would I wear a hat for? Cuz there generally aren't any events in my life that would warrant ANY sort of dressing up. At least not until I get married, and at this rate that'll happen..... [does a bunch of math and writes down complicated equations]...... Never. Sooooo.......

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

So what sort of thing would I wear a hat for? Cuz there generally aren't any events in my life that would warrant ANY sort of dressing up. At least not until I get married, and at this rate that'll happen..... [does a bunch of math and writes down complicated equations]...... Never. Sooooo.......

Wear a hat whenever! When you are sleeping, eating, bathing, but NEVER indoors! :)

hat_what_you_bought_what_you_think_you_like_like_what_you_really_look_like.jpg

Me with a Fedora

The guy in the right hand pic looks A LOT like my buddy. I'm going to have to ask him about it tomorrow. Lol.

Wear a hat whenever! When you are sleeping, eating, bathing, but NEVER indoors! :)

HOLY CRAP!!! I hadn't even thought of that! I have to learn hat etiquette. And proper hat care. This is starting to look like a lot of effort. Totally worth it, but a lot of effort.

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

HOLY CRAP!!! I hadn't even thought of that! I have to learn hat etiquette. And proper hat care. This is starting to look like a lot of effort. Totally worth it, but a lot of effort.

http://community.artofmanliness.com/group/manlyhats/forum

Here ya go Church.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

You know, I wonder if every Male Nerd here, has heard or is connected to Art of Manliness.

I, for one, hold it in high regards in terms of almost a literal "How to be a Man" guide.

I'm just curious though, how many of you guys read this?

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I used to keep up to date on there, but sometime during their 30 days of being on your own for the first time (or something like that) series, I've just fallen out of checking the site. I still reference it a good bit though. Same thing has happened with me and the NF blog.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

Ill admit I wasn't aware of it until I read through Men Only part 1. But it often seems to have manly answers when required (like an entire forum devoted to hats), so I will keep reading and referencing it as needed. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

You know, I wonder if every Male Nerd here, has heard or is connected to Art of Manliness.

I, for one, hold it in high regards in terms of almost a literal "How to be a Man" guide.

AoM is how I found NF in the first place. I used to while away the hours on the AoM forums back in the day. I even started a few of the big groups (see Philosophers and Men in the Kitchen). It's hands down one of the best sites out there. Lol I'm actually wearing my AoM t shirt right now!

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

I love AoM. These last few months its basically been "Churches guide to manly awesomeness" it didn't really change my opinion or anything, but it definitely proved a good resource in my attempt to become a modern manly man.

I can't believe I didn't think to look there for my hat-related questions...

hat_what_you_bought_what_you_think_you_like_like_what_you_really_look_like.jpg

Me with a Fedora

See, the problem is not you, or the hat. Look at what Bogey is wearing vs. what the guy in the right is wearing. A shirt and tie with trench coat does not equal a t-shirt and zip up sweater. Also, the hat in the right looks more like a trilby when Bogey has an honest-to-goodness fedora.

Outside=wear a hat if you like. Inside=NO HAT!

Tom Landry, with his signature hat, would not wear his hat on the sidelines if he was in a domed stadium. Texas stadium was ok since it had a hole in the roof, he was still technically outside.

*Moment of silence at the mention of Tom Landry's name*

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

I read it, it's part of my RSS feed

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Speaking of AOM, the latest article was about nicknames. So, what are yours and why?

Mine are thoroughly unoriginal, usually just derivatives of my last name e.g -"Redneck" (also I come from a small town and now live in the city). On the high school soccer team I was "Adam" for the season because one teammate simply didn't know my name. Nothing much else has stuck

Scout: STR: 20.5 | DEX: 13 | STA: 28 | CON: 13.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 4

http://51feetunder.wordpress.com/ - Running, Rock & Roll, Rock Climbing and Photography

Fitocracy Profile

Twitter

Latest Challenge

Speaking of AOM, the latest article was about nicknames. So, what are yours and why?

Mine are thoroughly unoriginal, usually just derivatives of my last name e.g -"Redneck" (also I come from a small town and now live in the city). On the high school soccer team I was "Adam" for the season because one teammate simply didn't know my name. Nothing much else has stuck

My nickname is always just my last name. Kinda boring, but it's unique enough and I have a very common first (actually middle) name. Yep, I'm one of those people that goes by their middle name. It does make me feel distinguished to use that first initial.

The Tin Man: Cyborg Ranger

Tin Man's Out of Date Epic Quest

I am what I do.

I am reading up on AoM too. I think it should be called Art of Humanliness. There are not much that isn't well fitted for women as well. :)

There was an article where they (both Brett and Kate McKay) talk about what manliness is and how they use "man" as a form of "mankind" and that their recommendations for what is "manly" is more along the lines of "what both males and females should do to better their lives and those around them". While the site is more focused towards males, they recognize that there is a lot of women read it and they do encourage it. I, of course, am paraphrasing and would link the article, but I don't feel like looking for it right now.

My first name is Jarret, I get a lot of "Jared?" and "Jerry?" and after a while I get tired of repeating my name, so I tell them to call me Frank. My grandfather calls me Mike because of my middle name. In high school I was known as Hippy because I had hair down to my butt and wore a lot of bright colors (ironically I wasn't a stoner). One time in college I died my beard bright red, so I have one girl who on occasion still calls me Red Beard, sometimes followed by the Pirate. Oh, and there's leadchipmunk, which was just an old gamer tag of mine that I keep for online use.

Level 1 Woodwose

STR 5 | DEX 2 | STA 1 | CON 2 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

WAR 0 | RNG 0 | SCT 0 | ASN 0 | MON 0 | DRU 0 | ADV 1

Current Challenge: Specialization is for Insects

Previous Chapters: 1

I've been called szlinki for a while, Kobez through high school, and I currently go by Pinky. Because I do a fairly solid impression of him when I ask my foreman "so what we going to do today Brain?"