MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Man, why's everyone so into knives all of a sudden. I couldn't tell you the name of the type of knife I've got but I use it for camping mostly, got a cool little part to make fire with that I also don't know the name of.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Man, why's everyone so into knives all of a sudden. I couldn't tell you the name of the type of knife I've got but I use it for camping mostly, got a cool little part to make fire with that I also don't know the name of.

The fire part is a flint, it's basically a bit version of the flint in lighters. They sometimes come attached to a magnesium block that you can use the shavings from to start a fire.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

speaking of knives this is mine I've had for a few years now.

Kiowa-Tanto-Black-Serrated_fulljpg.jpg

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

The knife I carry I got 15 years or more ago for free when I filled out a survey in Guns' & Ammo. It's a short little lock blade knife that's still in good shape after all these years.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

It's a firestarter

(Yes i said that just to post that video!)

• Like 3

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

My EDC knife: Boker Nopal with a straight sheepsfoot blade. Not very intimidating -- the blade is 2" long, handle is 3", but I have small hands. Excellent knife for box cutting, string, rope, precision tip for small crafts. I got it after helping a guy on a bike in sandals who got his foot stuck in his toe clips. Poor dude was on the ground and bleeding when I got to him. Swiss army knife to the rescue, but I really wanted a lockback and something that wouldn't cut him or me if I slipped. There were even some building and grounds guys standing around wondering what to do, but even they didn't have a knife on them or in a tool box. And I almost had given in to the post 9/11 fear and stopped carying any and all knives. Glad I didn't! Never had a sheepsfoot, but I did some research on rescue knives and decided I had to have it. Very good utility blade and carrys well in a pair of dress slacks, too.

51foKblwKdL._SL1000_.jpg

Terminator GenISIS

Nah just fucking with you, that's a tricky one, T2's a classic, though Jingle All The Way is terrifically bad.

T2 and predator are about equal for me.

Speaking of Jungle all the way, when they were filming the ball pit scene in the mall I was at the Mall of America and watched them film it from the third deck.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler

Conan.

Maybe it's just the time I was exposed to it but it's just a masterpiece.  I got so excited for the reboot and it sucked.  I am super excited about Legend of Conan if it ever actually gets made.  Between this and the Terminator reboot... will there be a First Grade Cop movie made? ;)

Ironically I was listening to the Conan OST when I happened upon this thread.

• Like 1

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

End of Days (great soundtrack, great production... kind of accidental that it's an Arnie movie), Last Action Hero (way too meta for the 90's), Conan (doi), and T2 (never, ever gets old somehow). 

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Conan.

Maybe it's just the time I was exposed to it but it's just a masterpiece.  I got so excited for the reboot and it sucked.  I am super excited about Legend of Conan if it ever actually gets made.  Between this and the Terminator reboot... will there be a First Grade Cop movie made? ;)

Ironically I was listening to the Conan OST when I happened upon this thread.

Conan O'Brien is pretty funny. A reboot of his show would be STELLAR!

What say you, people of Meh?

Meh.

Meh.

:numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: We are not roused. :numbness:  :numbness:  :numbness: 

What is it about men and calves? Maybe I just don't get it because genetics plus regular daily miles of walking has given me fairly decent sized legs (back just over a year ago before I'd so much as touched a weight I reached a minimum weight of like 120lbs through cardio and calorie restriction alone, yet my legs were still pretty decent, at least decent for someone who doesn't even lift, and for sake of context when I first started lifting I struggled to press a pair of 5lb dumbbells, so yeah, my upper body muscle was skeletor at that point).

I seem to see two types of people in the gym when it comes to calves: those who jump on every calf machine they can find at the end of every workout, and those who say (this is an honest to god conversation I heard once) "if you don't have decent calves you shouldn't bother working them, because calf definition is entirely genetic".

Though admittedly that quote did make me chuckle imagining a guy 300lbs overweight but with bodybuilder-esque calves thanks to his awesome genetics.

What are your thoughts on calves? Do you wish yours were bigger or are yours good enough or do you just not care? I mean as far as lifting goes I think they're a small muscle group with little carryover into, say, the big 3, so I figure if the compound lifts I do don't hit the calves enough to make them grow then odds are it's because they're not a limiting factor. That being said, I do a lot of jump rope and sprints and so forth currently, and I have introduced a little calf-work into my program as of recently.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

My calves have always been in the 15-16 inch range with varying degrees of definition. At my most unfit (right now) they are still fairly defined and at 16 inches. When I was lifting I would super set calf lifts with my shrugs, but I never really focused on them other than when stretching I love a good calf stretch! I've noticed for most it is a image thing. For me I dont worry about my calves, but I could see it being an issue with some if they have really small calves and large arms/thighs because it can throw the proportion of a body off and can look just odd kind of like lifters who forget leg day. 

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

Spoiler