World of Warcraft nerds, anyone?

Mgn

It was like the developers were sitting down at the last quarterly meeting and despairing over the sub loss as of late.  One keen fellow pipes up and says, "I know what will save this game.  Let them be Illidan!"

Honestly, I doubt they really care that much.  If you read into the quarterly report a little deeper, most of the lost WoW subs started playing other blizzard games, most notably Hearthstone, HotS, and Diablo 3.  So blizz is still making plenty of money, it's just spread over a more diverse set of games than it was 10 years ago.  Totally makes sense from a business standpoint.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I think I'm the only WoW-ie that isn't hype about the xpac. Ah, more Burning Legion content again, yay. (Which reminds me of Shadowmoon Valley grinding all over again) Illidan clones everywhere, yay. Everyone being able to wield ultra legendary Doomhammer... yay...

:(

None of the new stuff really made me go "Ooo!!"

The overhaul on PVP intrigued me a little but I probably won't play again. Then again I said that about WoD, and played for about 3 months!

I feel the same way some days but then I start to miss it and few other MMOs touch the magic of Warcraft for me so I'm inevitably drawn back.

Besides I tend to miss the Rangery goodness of my Hunter (and my plethora of wonderful pets).  Basically my Hunter is pure author player insertion of the worst kind...

765331_6a3.gif

Honestly, I doubt they really care that much.  If you read into the quarterly report a little deeper, most of the lost WoW subs started playing other blizzard games, most notably Hearthstone, HotS, and Diablo 3.  So blizz is still making plenty of money, it's just spread over a more diverse set of games than it was 10 years ago.  Totally makes sense from a business standpoint.  

I don't sweat the numbers because I know the game isn't going anywhere.  They're still making heaps of money of 5.6 million or whatever the magic number is this quarter, and that's still 4.6 million more people than the next MMO down (from what I vaguely remember from some recent commentary on the state of the MMO market, I could be wrong). 

Legion looks good.  I'll be there to play.  It's as simple as that for me.

• Like 2

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Been playing, with breaks, since Vanilla as well. I'm actually on a break now but this new expansion looks interesting enough that I'm going to play again. The past few years, when I have played, its just been me, my Mom, one of my brothers, and the future ex, so we'd love to meet up with some folks. We're casual players who have a knack for finding every cliff in every game we've ever played and then falling off said cliff, usually to our deaths.

Earthen Ring/Alliance

Myrtis     Blood DK

Irira        Elemental Shaman

Think I'm going to work on getting my druid up to 100. Love my DK. She's great for hacking through old content. Takes 10 years but that's alright. I miss my bear though, so I have a tiny tiny hope they've maybe made them fun again.

• Like 1

BayouPrincess / About / Battle Log / Challenges: #1, #2, #3

LEGION HYPE

What are your guys' thoughts on the new expac?  Myself I'm going through a bit of a existential crisis of identity, as I'm not particularly excited to continue playing my hunter (mostly due to a lack of flash and disappointment toward our artifacts), nor can I really get 100% behind a particular class to bring up as a new main... but time will tell, I suppose.  Hoping for that beta invite soon!

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Hoping for that beta invite soon!

You and me both, man!!

I'm in a mixed state for Legion as well.  Lore-wise, it looks effing amazing.  But I'm really worried about the direction they're taking with my beloved Retribution Paladin.  As soon as I heard the artifact is Ashbringer I told my guild I'm maining Ret come hell or high water.  (We're a fairly serious PVP guild, focused on Rated BG's)

Sadly, between the Class Preview and the data-mined Beta info, I'm worried that Hell and High-Water are indeed coming for Ret.

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Artifacts look baller. I like the revamp previews for a ton of the classes and specs -- honestly they have to shake things up here and realigning class identities is a smart move. As someone who loves raids but can't commit to real raiding anymore, I am pleased by the move back to multiple smaller raids rather than colossal, 16-boss monstrosities. 

I am annoyed that they are keeping up with the "YOU ALONE ARE THE HERO" mentality/storyline in a sea of millions of players who are also heroes. I was excited to think that class headquarters would be all about the awesome coalition of heroes we are, but it seems to be more YOU ARE THE BEST rhetoric. It just doesn't make sense for an MMO. Whaaaat is this Sylvanas + Varian sitch in the trailer? Do not like. 

My old raid leader is getting a lot of requests from raiders who want to reroll DH, so I joked that I'd come back to the raid if I could be a demon hunter. The response was "Honestly, you'd probably be the best choice because you can double jump IRL."  :D

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

You and me both, man!!

I'm in a mixed state for Legion as well.  Lore-wise, it looks effing amazing.  But I'm really worried about the direction they're taking with my beloved Retribution Paladin.  As soon as I heard the artifact is Ashbringer I told my guild I'm maining Ret come hell or high water.  (We're a fairly serious PVP guild, focused on Rated BG's)

Sadly, between the Class Preview and the data-mined Beta info, I'm worried that Hell and High-Water are indeed coming for Ret.

I'm loving most of the changes honestly; the lore, the class fantasy direction, everything.  Now that most of the new talents, spells, and the vast majority of artifact skins have been datamined, we are getting a really good feel for how things are going to look at least going into the beta.  Sadly my beloved hunter just feels... lacking somehow.  At least in comparison to others.  But I might be putting too much weight onto the lackluster artifact skins whereas the new talents are actually pretty cool.  Is it so wrong that I just want my artifact to feel bloody epic?  Could be a simple matter of being burned out on Beast Mastery though... Marksmanship and even Survival are looking pretty sweet.

My Shaman is the only other 100 I have right now and Enhancements looks absolutely savage.  Also, Doomhammer!  Very high chance of my going that route at least initially, but it's such a quality of life difference from the Hunter.  WTB Feign Death and Disengage on my Shaman please!

Other potential 'main alts' could be my Mage if I can ever figure out Frost and level it the rest of the way from 90, my Druid as Feral or Guardian, my Paladin as Prot, and I've been going back and forth on using that 100 boost on either a Rogue or Warlock, neither of which I have played much at all.  My Death Knight and Warrior are both in their mid-90s, but of those I can really only see playing my Warrior again as a tertiary alt.  Just no interest in the DK anymore (other than the unreal artifact skins!).

Just seems like some classes received a lot more love for Legion than others.  Oh, and 99% of those new dungeon armor skins look like crap.  :neglected:

Trying to hold my breath for the beta though.  Take all of the above with a grain of salt, haha

Artifacts look baller. I like the revamp previews for a ton of the classes and specs -- honestly they have to shake things up here and realigning class identities is a smart move. As someone who loves raids but can't commit to real raiding anymore, I am pleased by the move back to multiple smaller raids rather than colossal, 16-boss monstrosities. 

I am annoyed that they are keeping up with the "YOU ALONE ARE THE HERO" mentality/storyline in a sea of millions of players who are also heroes. I was excited to think that class headquarters would be all about the awesome coalition of heroes we are, but it seems to be more YOU ARE THE BEST rhetoric. It just doesn't make sense for an MMO. Whaaaat is this Sylvanas + Varian sitch in the trailer? Do not like. 

My old raid leader is getting a lot of requests from raiders who want to reroll DH, so I joked that I'd come back to the raid if I could be a demon hunter. The response was "Honestly, you'd probably be the best choice because you can double jump IRL."  :D

Agreed on the 'single hero' emphasis.  They've really been cramming that ethos down our throats for a while and I'm a bit bored of it.  Why couldn't they have used the class halls as a rallying cry for unifying players rather than encouraging e-vigilantism?  I guess their justification for everyone carrying around a major lore object as an artifact would feel rather flimsy if they didn't though.

In before the Varian x Sylvanas fanfiction flood.

That DH remark might be the highest gamer-related praise I've ever heard.  Go raptron!

• Like 1

I'm loving most of the changes honestly; the lore, the class fantasy direction, everything.  Now that most of the new talents, spells, and the vast majority of artifact skins have been datamined, we are getting a really good feel for how things are going to look at least going into the beta.  Sadly my beloved hunter just feels... lacking somehow.  At least in comparison to others.  But I might be putting too much weight onto the lackluster artifact skins whereas the new talents are actually pretty cool.  Is it so wrong that I just want my artifact to feel bloody epic?  Could be a simple matter of being burned out on Beast Mastery though... Marksmanship and even Survival are looking pretty sweet.

My Shaman is the only other 100 I have right now and Enhancements looks absolutely savage.  Also, Doomhammer!  Very high chance of my going that route at least initially, but it's such a quality of life difference from the Hunter.  WTB Feign Death and Disengage on my Shaman please!

Other potential 'main alts' could be my Mage if I can ever figure out Frost and level it the rest of the way from 90, my Druid as Feral or Guardian, my Paladin as Prot, and I've been going back and forth on using that 100 boost on either a Rogue or Warlock, neither of which I have played much at all.  My Death Knight and Warrior are both in their mid-90s, but of those I can really only see playing my Warrior again as a tertiary alt.  Just no interest in the DK anymore (other than the unreal artifact skins!).

I have [almost] all of those classes at 100, because I'm silly like that.  I mostly pvp, but I can give you a rundown of them if you like.  (The only classes I don't have at 100 are priest, shaman, and monk)

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I play a Resto Shaman (FOR THE HORDE!) on Area 52. My guild is taking a break from raiding until Legion though.  We went to Blizzcon this year, rented an amazing house that was walking distance from the con, and had a great time! It was super cool to meet some of my guildies irl, demo the Demon hunter, and get hyped for Legion.

• Like 2

STORMEE

Level 5 Fey Touched Half-Elven Druid

“What doesn't kill me, gives me EXP."

We went to Blizzcon this year, rented an amazing house that was walking distance from the con, and had a great time! It was super cool to meet some of my guildies irl, demo the Demon hunter, and get hyped for Legion.

So.  Freakin'.  Jealous.

• Like 1

So, I recently picked up Hearthstone. Any other players?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

So, I recently picked up Hearthstone. Any other players?

I play occasionally, but as I'm largely F2P I haven't delved as deeply as I could.  Really ought to give it another shot one of these days.

I'm Gainsdalf on there if you wanna friend me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf