Any Cosplayers? :D

You've got a point there.  Though the difference is, Lucas only added little bits to the films, whereas Disney just scrapped decades worth of material.  

Not exactly. I've been reading SW:EU material since the 90s. Lucas changed Boba Fett's backstory completely. He also completely undid the Republic Commando series of books. There are other examples I can think of where GL and Lucasfilm just out and out ignored the books, comics, etc but that's enough for now. 

What did Disney scrap? I haven't heard this as of yet, so I'd like to know. 

• Like 1

Level 8 Half-Elven Ninja (3 Assassin/5 Monk)

[sTR 15.5] [DEX 13] [CON 10] [sTA 13] [WIS 19] [CHA 9]

"With great power there must also come great responsibility" - Amazing Fantasy #15

"Pressure makes diamonds." - Gen. George S. Patton

about.me/daniel.mccarthy Follow my blog

What did Disney scrap? I haven't heard this as of yet, so I'd like to know. 

It's not so much that they're scrapping it, per se.  More that they're simply ignoring it.  And by "it", I mean the entirety of the EU as you know it.  Here's a decent article about it.  Basically, anything not officially canon according to Disney never actually happened within the Star Wars Universe.  It's just a "legend" (that's the official title: Legends).   They have said that their writers are allowed to use things from the Legends, but it's extremely unlikely that they'll use major characters, or take the characters in the same direction as in the Legends.  For example: For Episode VII, Disney may decide that Luke never marries, or that he marries someone totally different than Mara Jade.  Which, obviously, would basically kill one of the more popular characters in the Legends.  

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

It's not so much that they're scrapping it, per se.  More that they're simply ignoring it.  And by "it", I mean the entirety of the EU as you know it.  Here's a decent article about it.  Basically, anything not officially canon according to Disney never actually happened within the Star Wars Universe.  It's just a "legend" (that's the official title: Legends).

I no longer have any reason to live. Will somebody please hit this button that will launch me into the Maw?

• Like 1

Level 2 Elf Assassin

Str: 4 | Dex: 5 | Sta: 3 | Con: 2 | Wis: 4 | Cha: 3

"When people called me freak, I closed my eyes and laughed, because they were blind to happiness." --hide

First challenge! Second challenge! Third challenge!

Cosplay? Me? Never ;)

post-32091-0-74366600-1410544869_thumb.j

• Like 1

I have taken all knowledge to be my province.

- Sir Francis Bacon

Level 0 Human, leaning towards Assassin

"To say that nothing is true, is to realize that the foundations of society are fragile, and that we must be the shepherds of our own civilization. To say that everything is permitted, is to understand that we are the architects of our actions, and that we must live with their consequences, whether glorious or tragic."

- The Creed, as desribed by Ezio Auditore

Ive got Shutocon coming up in a few days so Im going as a young Jim Gordon, Constantine or Castiel, and Quailman. Im pretty excited. Not breaking out Bane for this one because I am in the middle of making it better. working on a venom system and bracers and such.

• Like 1

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!