THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, Sept 15th. [Challenge Forum] is now live!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo

Ant Who is never too late

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ant

Ant

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

I have cleaned up my diet except my unholy binge today (I ate bread and peanut butter and s**t my digestive system hurt so bad up to now) which made me feel a lot guilty when I have read the latest article on personal responsibility as the greatest skill. I have decided to take responsibility and I want to have some support for my first few weeks of transition since my family isn't really on to this nutrition stuffs (3 weeks of challenge I guess). So here are my goals for the last remaining weeks.

1.Avoid toxins (dairy,wheat,sugars,legumes)

2.Eat veggies and fruit everyday

3.8 hrs of sleep

Just three goals =). Three goals which is my responsibility.

LEVEL ONE ASSASSIN

#2 BlamedCat

BlamedCat

Guild Ambassador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

I have cleaned up my diet except my unholy binge today (I ate bread and peanut butter and s**t my digestive system hurt so bad up to now) which made me feel a lot guilty when I have read the latest article on personal responsibility as the greatest skill. I have decided to take responsibility and I want to have some support for my first few weeks of transition since my family isn't really on to this nutrition stuffs (3 weeks of challenge I guess). So here are my goals for the last remaining weeks.

1.Avoid toxins (dairy,wheat,sugars,legumes)

2.Eat veggies and fruit everyday

3.8 hrs of sleep

Just three goals =). Three goals which is my responsibility.

Oh wow, I hate when that happens.  My body screams at me too when I end up with greasy foods.

Yeah, that article kicked me in the teeth last night too, but he's right, it's our responsibility to do something.

Woot!  Better late than never :)  We're here for ya.  You can do this, just take steps to plan ahead and you'll be fine.

I look forward to hearing how you rocked this 1/2 challenge.

Nikolai, Level 4 Klingon adventurer
STR 5 | DEX 4.2 | STA 7.6 | CON 10.5 | WIS 14.3 | CHA 9.2

Current Thread   [Spreadsheet]   [MyFitnessPal]

Inventory: Durasteel Sword, Shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish, Fire flower power up

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

#3 Ant

Ant

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it and it fills my love tank =)! Good luck on the rest half of the challenge too!

After successfully changing my dietary habits (yes I'm going to be successful) , (haven't exercised really good for a month) I'm going to attempt to do my exercises again which I gave up due to muscular pain probably from probably wrong fuel... Anyway adios!

LEVEL ONE ASSASSIN

#4 Laureleye

Laureleye

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3137 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Glad you got here for the last 1/2 of the challenge. I like that you're starting with diet-change goals first; that's about 80% of your fitness right there. While these are basically good goals, but you need to make them SMART. Head over to the CHALLENGE tab, look up SMART goals in the FAQ, and then modify those goals so you know when you're succeeding. Your amended goals should end up looking something like "Eat at least 3 servings of fruit and vegetables 6 days/week".

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  8 | 9 | 1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

#5 BlamedCat

BlamedCat

Guild Ambassador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2971 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Thanks for the support! I appreciate it and it fills my love tank =)! Good luck on the rest half of the challenge too!

After successfully changing my dietary habits (yes I'm going to be successful) , (haven't exercised really good for a month) I'm going to attempt to do my exercises again which I gave up due to muscular pain probably from probably wrong fuel... Anyway adios!

You're welcome :)  This is just the beginning ;)

Yeah, good deal, but listen to Laureleye, she's right about tweaking your goals to be SMART.  :)

Nikolai, Level 4 Klingon adventurer
STR 5 | DEX 4.2 | STA 7.6 | CON 10.5 | WIS 14.3 | CHA 9.2

Current Thread   [Spreadsheet]   [MyFitnessPal]

Inventory: Durasteel Sword, Shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish, Fire flower power up

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

#6 Ant

Ant

Rookie

• PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:11 AM

I don't have any problem with the specificness of the goals. But thanks for the suggestion. This is what I am eating - Eating cheap organic and nutritious veggies (cost me 1-2 dollars lol but I buy brocolli , cauli and cabbage (not fully organic but low risk so I think this is alright) so it reaches 5-6 dollars)  , ocean-wild fishes/hot meat (10-15 dollars) and sweet fruits (a lot of variety!!! cost me about 4-10 dollars). Oils and fats too would be an addition... I'll fry with coconut oil the eggs because avocados are not in season.

I'm going to visit the market tomorrow (hopefully) again to buy lots of things lol.

I'm going to walk more whenever I eat more than three fruits.

Sleep is the ulterior priority!

Thanks guys again! Seeing a bright future tomorrow... today I was a bit low and I lacked sleep yesterday (doing crappy highschool work on mammals) so I had problems and I indulged in carbs as a source. Well that's it... Tomorrow will be different ;)

LEVEL ONE ASSASSIN

#7 honeysuckle

honeysuckle

Recruit

• PipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:48 PM

sounds like you are off to a good start, Ant, and don't be too hard on yourself.

(crappy high school work on mammals caught my eye because today I taught an outreach lesson at an elementary school about mammal skulls and we all adored it...sorry your work ain't that way)

I don't buy the paleo argument myself, but I'll be interested in how your changes in diet affect how you feel.  I do believe that cutting out processed foods is a great idea and will work wonders.  Carry on!

beginning Ranger STR10, DEX2, STA6, CON6, WIS10, CHA1 "What lies before you, what lies behind you, is nothing to what lies within you" Lenni-Lenape saying battle log http://rebellion.ner...thers-the-storm challenge 5 thread http://rebellion.ner...eaves the nest/

snacking support group http://rebellion.ner...ookie-monsters/

http://rebellion.ner...wbie/?p=1001194

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users