THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, Sept 15th. [Challenge Forum] is now live!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo

Adventurer Mini Challenge #5

mini challenge challenge athena adventurers druids

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#1 Athena

Athena

Patron Goddess of Heroes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3448 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Relaxing from your kobold clean up efforts in the crowded local tavern, you notice the tavern maids becoming increasingly stressed, and the innkeeper seems to be arguing with a few adventurers at the bar. Quickly, news spreads through the room about what's wrong - the bar is running out of beer! And there's no bread left to go with the meals! No honey cakes for desserts! In fact, on tonight's menu seems to be "Vegetable stew - eat it or starve".

The small village is running out of food to serve to the massive crowd of adventurers! Some adventurers have opted to remain in town anyway, despite the lack of variety of food (it won't be quite so bad with less people), but many are hitting the road, without being able to take any purchased supplies with them, planning just to eat what they can hunt and gather along their travels.  

hunter-gatherer-cartoon-by-Bizarro.gif

------

Have you guessed this week's challenge? It's PALEO time! Your challenge is to go *one full day* on the paleo diet, as you hit the road eating only what you can find - no grains, no soy or legumes (green string beans are OK), no dairy, no sugar. Meat, fish, eggs, fruit, sweet potato and vegies are all fine. If in doubt, ask Google what's OK, or post in this thread.

If you're a vegetarian, or will for some other reason find the paleo diet not in keeping with your goals (or just too extreme a change from what you're used to ATM), you can choose to remain in the village, where there will still be limited amounts of bread and dairy etc. left for adventurers to purchase (at inflated costs). BUT there is *no sugar* left. So you'll need to go *one full day* with no sugar or sugar-sweetened foods. No cakes, cookies, pies, ice cream, soda. No added sugar, honey, or maple syrup etc. Artificial sweeteners are also not allowed. Fruit is fine.

If one of your personal challenge goals is already something like "Eat 90% paleo" or "Cut out refined sugar", then you need to do *two* full days on one of the above diets to earn your reward!

If you complete this challenge, you will earn +1 CON, and a warm fuzzy feeling of pride in your accomplishment. It's just a day or two, it's not forever, so GO FOR IT!

Pick any day (or two) this week that suits you best.

---

Want MORE of a challenge this week?

Invitation to come and play with the Druids!

If you are looking to do a little bit extra this coming week and it doesn't conflict with your other commitments... this is the perfect opportunity. Sign up with the Roman legions and go hunting Gauls for fame and glory (and you also get a dented Roman helmet, which you'll be able to trade in for something in the last challenge!). :)

This is completely optional and intended to be fun as well as encourage you to do that little extra! There won't be any additional stat point reward for joining in the Druids' challenge, but they'd love to have you.

• ethiffcig likes this

Level 8 Half-Elven Warrior: Str 24, Dex 9, Sta 17, Con 17, Wis 25, Cha 16.
Adventurer Guild Leader | Goal weight reached! 18.2kg (40lb) lost. | Chin-up PR: 14 | My Success Story
Current inspiration: Willpower is not infinite.
Current battle log:Athena's Olympian Battles| Past challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

#2 Heranje

Heranje

Revolter

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Woop - challenge accepted! I've been thinking of instituting a grain-free day anyway, and I already don't eat dairy... my only problem is that I eat very little meat - I keep going to the shop, looking at it and not feeling like buying anything, or buying it and then leaving it until it goes bad... veggies are just so much nicer. But I'll figure it out.

May actually do this tomorrow as half my week this week will be very difficult to make paleo-friendly. Off to make myself a meal plan!

HERANJE

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 3.5 DEX 4 STA 4 CON 7 WIS 5.5 CHA 5

Daily Progress Log

Real-Life RP: Storified Quest to Free My Inner Wood Elf

#3 mHannes

mHannes

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hello fellow adventurers !

Count me in for two incredibly nice and healthy days, food-wise. :D

Have an awesome day !

"With great power comes great responsibility"

#4 Ordimoi

Ordimoi

• PipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

I'm in! *dances around* I have been trying to go a few days a week fully paleo and have been unsuccessful in my attempts. Thus, this shall encourage me! 

Ordi Level 4 Human Adventurer 

STR 10] DEX 9] STA 11] CON 12] WIS 13] CHA 4]
Current Challenge 
Challenge Four
Challenge Three

Challenge Two

#5 IvyClimber

IvyClimber

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'm in! Monday and Tuesday, completely paleo! I want that stat point!

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]Human Adventurer: Level 2
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]3.75 STR | 0 DEX | 3 STA | 4.5 CON | 7 WIS | 5 CHA[/color][/color][/color][/font][/font]
[/font][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]Current Mission: Get it Together, Girl        [/color][/font][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]1st Mission[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]R[/color][/font][color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]ing the bells that still can ring / Forget your perfect offering / [/color]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]There is a crack in everything / That's how the light gets in. [/color]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]- Leon[/color][color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]ard Cohen, "Anthem"[/color]

#6 IvyClimber

IvyClimber

• PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

I've been wondering why legumes are not on the paleo diet? I'm not desperate for them or anything, but the rest of the diet makes such good sense.

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]Human Adventurer: Level 2
[font="tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;"]3.75 STR | 0 DEX | 3 STA | 4.5 CON | 7 WIS | 5 CHA[/color][/color][/color][/font][/font]
[/font][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]Current Mission: Get it Together, Girl        [/color][/font][color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]1st Mission[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="georgia, serif;"]R[/color][/font][color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]ing the bells that still can ring / Forget your perfect offering / [/color]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]There is a crack in everything / That's how the light gets in. [/color]

[color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]- Leon[/color][color=rgb(128,0,128);font-family:georgia, serif;]ard Cohen, "Anthem"[/color]

#7 Pookie

Pookie

Recruit

• PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

I'm afraid we are dealing with family grief, I'm going to have to just go for the 2 days sugar free, tomorrow and Wednesday.

Khajiit Level 4 Adventurer

Strength: [color=#0000ff;]10[/color] Dexterity: [color=#0000ff;]4.7[/color] Stamina: [color=#0000ff;]5.8[/color]

Constitution: [color=#0000ff;]9.9[/color] Wisdom: [color=#0000ff;]18.4[/color] Charisma: [color=#0000ff;]8.9[/color]

June 3rd - July 14th -  4th 6 Week Challenge

#8 littlemiss_g

littlemiss_g

Rookie

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Since I'm currently Primal 5 days a week, I think I'll have to go for the 2 days.  Will have to be Friday/Saturday, as I'm away with work Wednesday abd Thursday and it will be too much trouble for our admins if I change my diet now!

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Little Miss Gibson, Half-orc Adventurer [1]
STR 4|DEX 3|STA 1|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3[/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Current challenge: http://rebellion.ner...irst-challenge/[/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Mini-challenges: http://rebellion.ner...ni-challenge-3/[/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"] [/font]

[font="verdana, geneva, sans-serif;"]Inventory: 6ft oak staff; baby carrots; rat-tail; 10 silver pieces[/font]

#9 SigridEllis

SigridEllis

Rebel

• PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

Challenge accepted! I'll have to go two days this week, since one of my goals is a once-a-week paleo day. BUT. I'm a vegetarian, so I'll be doing the NO SWEETENERS challenge.

Two days this week. No sweeteners. Gotcha.

#10 BlamedCat

BlamedCat

Guild Ambassador

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

Count me in as well!  I think I can skate by with 1 day paleo because my diet challenge was just to drop down the number of sweets I consumed, but if possible I'm going to shoot for 2 days ( gotta push ourselves, right? ;) ) of paleo eating.

Nikolai, Level 4 Klingon adventurer
STR 5 | DEX 4.2 | STA 7.6 | CON 10.5 | WIS 14.3 | CHA 9.2

Current Thread   [Spreadsheet]   [MyFitnessPal]

Inventory: Durasteel Sword, Shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish, Fire flower power up

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

#11 darkfoxx

darkfoxx

Antagonist

• 2520 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm upping the requirement for self to 5 days since one of my goals is to eat paleo anyways and I've been pretty successful. :) 

Level 13 Wood Elf Ranger 

STR: 33 || DEX: 33.5 || STA: 31 || CON: 31 || WIS: 32 || CHA: 31.5

Current Challenge || 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12Char/RPG

#12 livlovRA

livlovRA

• Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Just done 27 days paleo so will make it two more this week!

[color=#ff0000;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]livlovra[/color][/font] [color=#006400;]Level 2 Adventurer with a Warrior heart [/color]

STA 4/STR 8/DEX 3/CON 8/WIS 3.75 + 1/CHA 4.75

My 2nd 6 Week Challenge

#13 sunshinesince88

sunshinesince88

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

I'm doing the keto diet, so this won't be too much of a change... but have to admit, the "no dairy is going to be tough"  I'm a cheese-a-holic!  However,  I will definitely make sure this happens.  Keep calm and paleo on!

Level 1 Adventurer

(STR) - 4 [+1] | (DEX) - 2 | (STA) -2 | (CON) - 3 [+1] | (WIS) - 3 | (CHA)- 1

Mini Challenge 4 Complete: Kobold Clean Up

Mini Challenge 5 Complete: Paleo Princess

Fitocracy: https://www.fitocrac...e/LeBlerg/?feed

#14 mediavore

mediavore

Recruit

• PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Good timing!  I'm already 90% Primal, but I'm looking forward to giving Paleo a try since I think that dairy, sugar and legumes may have been sabotaging me lately.  I'll be doing 2 days strict Paleo to challenge myself.

Adventurer Halfling
LEVEL: 2 | STR 7 | DEX 4 | STA 2 | CON 7.5 | WIS 3 | CHA 6
"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." --Michael Pollan
CHALLENGE 1 | CURRENT CHALLENGE

#15 Sambalina

Sambalina

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1516 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

I'm in! One of my goals this challenge is 'no sweetened drinks', so I'll be shooting for two days totally paleo. Thursday and Friday are looking good to me. 

I'm thinking of making a dairy-free pastry-free bacon and egg pie for lunches this week, so that should help me along! And I've been eyeing up a paleo chilli recipe all week. Mmmmm..... chilli.

Hey guys - share your recipes/sources of recipes if you make something good for this mini-challenge, yeah?

Sambalina
Level 14 Half-elf Warrior

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

Current Challenge
:love_heart: 
Bucket List Pinterest║ Fitocracy ║ Bakery

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

#16 BlamedCat

BlamedCat

Guild Ambassador

• 2948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

I'm in! One of my goals this challenge is 'no sweetened drinks', so I'll be shooting for two days totally paleo. Thursday and Friday are looking good to me. 

I'm thinking of making a dairy-free pastry-free bacon and egg pie for lunches this week, so that should help me along! And I've been eyeing up a paleo chilli recipe all week. Mmmmm..... chilli.

Hey guys - share your recipes/sources of recipes if you make something good for this mini-challenge, yeah?

I can't remember who posted this when I was asking for similar things, but check it out :) http://www.threedietsonedinner.com/  It helps those of us who have non-paleo eating members of the household.

Inventory: Durasteel Sword, Shiny belt of Endurance, Babel Fish, Fire flower power up

"Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil." (Ephesians 5:15&16)

#17 Starstuff

Starstuff

Rookie

• PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Oh, yay! I was worried my injury might keep me from participating in this week's challenge, but I can totally do a food challenge.

It's going to take some planning to figure out how to get all my protein in without my usual morning shake, though. Anyone got suggestions for a easy-to-make, consumable while driving, high protein, paleo breakfast that doesn't include nuts other than almonds?

Level 2 Human Scout

STR 3 | DEX 5 | STA 8 | CON 4.5 | WIS 10 | CHA 5

Veni, vidi, fugit

* Fitbit * dailymile * Zombies, Run! * NaNoWriMo *

#18 BlamedCat

BlamedCat

Guild Ambassador

• 2948 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Oh, yay! I was worried my injury might keep me from participating in this week's challenge, but I can totally do a food challenge.

It's going to take some planning to figure out how to get all my protein in without my usual morning shake, though. Anyone got suggestions for a easy-to-make, consumable while driving, high protein, paleo breakfast that doesn't include nuts other than almonds?

I saw this smoothie option for ya.  Let me know if it tastes good ;) http://paleodietlife...paleo-smoothie/

#19 GoodDoug

GoodDoug

Rebel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1058 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I'm in for two days as I'm already doing Primal right now. So I'll just need to cut out dairy. I can do this.

And Starstuff, have a look at the various Paleo quiche recipes like this one: http://paleodietreci...ini-quiche.html

GoodDoug the Unshakeable, level 8 Half Ogre Ranger

STR 22 | DEX 20 | STA 20 | CON 20 | WIS 15 | CHA 6

1st  | 2nd | 3rd | 4th | 5th | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th

Twitter

#20 Heranje

Heranje

Revolter

• PipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Aw yeah! Paleo day complete! The MyFitnessPal macro tracker is angry at me for having too few carbs and too much fat/protein. xP Eggs baked in an avocado for breakfast; a big salad with sunflower seeds for lunch; "trail mix" of cashews, hazelnuts and blueberries, a banana and an apple for snacks; grilled salmon with sweet potato and carrot mash and broccoli for dinner.

Though I'm not sure I'll ever go full-on paleo it's good to try out a grain-free day. I'm allergic to dairy and most grains, and while I've been successful in cutting dairy out of my diet I'm finding the grains much harder. This has confirmed how much more I enjoy a salad for lunch over a sandwich!

Unless I've messed up my paleo-ing, I'll have that shiny CON point if you please 8D

HERANJE

Level 2 Half-Orc Adventurer

STR 3.5 DEX 4 STA 4 CON 7 WIS 5.5 CHA 5

Daily Progress Log

Real-Life RP: Storified Quest to Free My Inner Wood Elf

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mini challenge, challenge, athena, adventurers, druids

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users