This is the moment where my journey begins. I am shooting for three goals this week:

1. Daily movement

I don't care what it is, I need to get off my carcass and do something. Most of the time, that will be dancing, since that is my passion. But even if it's not dancing, I want to get in the habit of moving.

2. Paleo breakfast

I'm going to start one piece at a time. For the rest of the week, I will be having a paleo breakfast. A simple 2 fried eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. Heck, I may change it up a little and boil some eggs too!

3. Daily logging

I am sooo bad with accountability, but this is gonna happen! It may be as simple as a picture of every meal with a pass/fail as to whether it is paleo or not. Or, it may be a verbose account of the glorious concoctions gracing my palette, complete with recipes (yum)!

So those are the three goals for the week. I think that's a reasonable start.

Psionic Amazon

Ranger-Assassin

STR-1 DEX-3 STA-0 CON-3 WIS-4 CHA-4

"And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon." -Edward Lear, The Owl and the Pussycat

http://fit-2-hit.blogspot.com

These are some good and intelligent goals you have here. In my own experience, the daily logging has helped to keep me accountable. Even when I fall off of the wagon, it probably would have been alot worse if I didn't write it down most days. If you know how to cook things you like to eat, then you have already won half of the battle as you won't be at the mercy of fast food/deli/bar food. I wish you luck and congrats on getting started!

Porkchop / Level 4 / Mammal-Adventurer

STR - 14  DEX - 4  STA - 7  CON - 11 WIS - 13  CHA - 7

“Wherever you are...be all there†

Challenge #4

Day 1:

Goal 1: Making the decision late in the day to have paleo breakfasts, I had an awful breakfast of milk and ginger snaps. I don't think I actually ate again until dinner. I had a chicken breast sautéed in EVOO with peas and corn on the side. Only after I had eaten the peas and corn did I notice that these vegetables are NOT paleo. Now I know. I also had some more milk and ginger snaps. I have also been fighting a respiratory infection, so I had several pieces of hard candy, which did in fact help my throat, so I'm not at all torn about that.

Goal 2: This afternoon I did a minute of planks (15 sec front, 15 each side, and another 15 front) followed by a walk. I had intended to throw a little jogging in there, but with this junk in my lungs, I wasn't quite ready for that. I ended up walking a total of 25 minutes. I had also intended to do a few pushups but forgot. 

Goal 3: Logged.

My grade for the day: B-

Psionic Amazon

Ranger-Assassin

"And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand, they danced by the light of the moon." -Edward Lear, The Owl and the Pussycat

Ooh, I totally fell off the wagon with this, due in part to a respiratory infection...but getting back on. Which means I do need goals for the rest of the week. I think I'll keep the same ones: paleo breakfast, daily movement, daily logging. I've also selected my four goals for the next challenge (you can find that log in the Druids forum under "Challenge Accepted":

1. Start each meal with one serving of fruits, one serving of vegetables, and one glass of water

2. Do a back walk-over

3. Walk/run 10 miles a week

4. Build a resume

Psionic Amazon

Ranger-Assassin

Food diary today:

Breakfast...strawberries, cherry tomatoes, two fried eggs

Lunch...Moe's 

Dinner...jicama chips (new recipe: yumm!)

Didn't do anything out of the ordinary for fitness today. Will have to find something fun tomorrow!

Psionic Amazon

Ranger-Assassin

I woke up late today, and the rest of the day was downhill. I got a banana and bottle of water in between my morning meeting and my first class. That wasn't nearly enough to tide me over, so I ended up getting 2 cookies and a vitamin water before class #2. Yuck. I mean, yum, but yuck. Can we say sugar!? After class #2, it was late enough in the day that the lunch rush was over, but since I didn't have quite enough time to walk clear down to the soup/salad store before my third class, I stopped by Subway. I had a six-inch BLT and LOADED it with veggies...so not horrible, but the chips and Dr. Pepper that accompanied were not exactly great. But that wasn't the end...after all my classes were over and I finished running errands for my boyfriend, he had pizza waiting at home for me. -sigh-

I also didn't do anything additional fitness-wise today...although the 6 flights of stairs I have to climb twice every Tuesday and Thursday ought to count for something, right? I plan to stop being out of breath after climbing them by the end of the semester.

How will I make tomorrow better? By planning ahead. I will have strawberries and eggs (with bell peppers and onions) for breakfast followed by a drive into town for two classes at the studio ("belly at the barre" and "cymbals & veils"). Back north to meet a friend for soup and salad, followed by a trip to the grocery store. My menu for the rest of the week is already planned, as is my grocery list for tomorrow. I plan to succeed!

Psionic Amazon

Ranger-Assassin