THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, Sept 15th. [Challenge Forum] is now live!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo
- - - - -

greetings & salutations

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pr0ginoskes

pr0ginoskes

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

hello there, i am yet another n00blet making my way through the virtual world. i like space, strange art and play station 2 games. nice to meet you all :D

i'm about 118 lbs, 5'4, and a female-type. though i'm not overweight, i am pretty lazy :( i need to work out and learn to love my body. we haven't gotten along so well. i walk lots of places and pretty much vegan (except i cannot part myself from sweet sweet honey) but i can't run around a track without getting winded, i can't do lots of things that i want to do because i am uncomfortable in my skin. i feel like i have a horribly jiggly body so i wake up early to exercise so no one can see me; unfortunately lots of people had the same idea too, so i will have to deal with it somehow haha. 

for years i used to be a part of a forum for the eating disordered, on one hand it was 'supportive' to talk to people going through the same things. but i began to clearly see how competitive i was, and how i was using it to egg myself on into indulging in destructive habits and keeping secrets as well. i finally can just admit now that i wanna be healthy, and feel good, and i feel like this is the right place for me cause i am a bookworm as well as obsessed with nutrition and making healthy foods tasty (herbs! herbs on everything). i have always been more of a lurker than a poster but everyone seems really nice so i'm gonna make an effort to have more of a presence here. i don't know much about working out except how to run, sort of, so i am excited to try all this stuff and see what happens. i am overwhelmed with information but it's better than being underwhelmed and having nowhere to start. 

oh and i want to be a druid assassin, but not like a murderous assassin, the kind that swoops in and saves kittens from danger and distributes fruit tarts to good children, and then ninjas off into the night

{[color=#40e0d0;]W[/color][color=#ee82ee;]O[/color][color=#40e0d0;]O[/color][color=#ee82ee;]D[/color][color=#40e0d0;]L[/color][color=#ee82ee;]A[/color][color=#40e0d0;]N[/color][color=#ee82ee;]D [/color][color=#40e0d0;]F[/color][color=#ee82ee;]A[/color][color=#40e0d0;]E[/color][color=#ee82ee;]R[/color][color=#40e0d0;]Y[/color] - level 1}

[color=#006400;]STR[/color][color=#00ff00;] [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color] [color=#006400;]DEX[/color][color=#daa520;] [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color] [color=#006400;]STA [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color][color=#006400;] CON [/color][color=#daa520;]3[/color] [color=#006400;]WIS [/color][color=#daa520;]4[/color] [color=#006400;]CHA [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color]

[color=#008000;]the secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. really, it's a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. - charles r. swindoll[/color]

#2 Laureleye

Laureleye

Renegade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3163 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Welcome to NF; I think you'll find lots of positive support here.  You may want to look at the free resources and look at some of the available workouts, including the ever-popular Beginner's Body Weight workout, which you can do at home with no jiggle-worries.  You also might want to invest in the Rebel Fitness Guide, which has a series of weight workouts. 

Click on the CHALLANGE tab, and look over the challange rules & FAQs, so you can be prepped and ready when our next challenge starts. 

The hardest part of the workout is lacing up your shoes'"

12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |  8 | 9 | 1011 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Current Challenge |

INTJ | MFP | FitBit

#3 pr0ginoskes

pr0ginoskes

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

ahh free resources are the best. the beginner workout looks perfect for my starting point, i'm glad to have somewhere to begin. thank you!

{[color=#40e0d0;]W[/color][color=#ee82ee;]O[/color][color=#40e0d0;]O[/color][color=#ee82ee;]D[/color][color=#40e0d0;]L[/color][color=#ee82ee;]A[/color][color=#40e0d0;]N[/color][color=#ee82ee;]D [/color][color=#40e0d0;]F[/color][color=#ee82ee;]A[/color][color=#40e0d0;]E[/color][color=#ee82ee;]R[/color][color=#40e0d0;]Y[/color] - level 1}

[color=#006400;]STR[/color][color=#00ff00;] [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color] [color=#006400;]DEX[/color][color=#daa520;] [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color] [color=#006400;]STA [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color][color=#006400;] CON [/color][color=#daa520;]3[/color] [color=#006400;]WIS [/color][color=#daa520;]4[/color] [color=#006400;]CHA [/color][color=#daa520;]2[/color]

[color=#008000;]the secret of living a life of excellence is merely a matter of thinking thoughts of excellence. really, it's a matter of programming our minds with the kind of information that will set us free. - charles r. swindoll[/color]

#4 candi

candi

Recruit

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

oh and i want to be a druid assassin, but not like a murderous assassin, the kind that swoops in and saves kittens from danger and distributes fruit tarts to good children, and then ninjas off into the night

Haha - I love this :) Welcome to the fold. I recommend the Beginners Bodyweight workout too. Its a great starting point, and is a good way to getting stronger and getting into the habit :)

My blog

Level 2 Hobbit Adventurer
STR 7.75 // DEX 3 // STA 7.25 // CON 8.5 // WIS 9.25 // CHA 5

Possessions: 1 Babel fish

#5 Bubbette

Bubbette

Malcontent

• PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Welcome!

Bubbette Brings it On! challenge #1 Bubbette Brings it On Again! challenge #2 Level 2 Elf in an Ogre Suit Adventurer. STR: 3.5 DEX: 2.5 STA: 3.5 CON: 3 WIS: 4.5 CHA: 3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users