20-second Berserker Mode success stories!

A ton of houses probably isn't a lot. Houses are pretty heavy.

Activated beast mode again tonight while getting through the bodyweight circuits. Feeling tired after two, but NO WAY am I backsliding from three. Got me started on the last batch of squats (aaargh) and called on the beast again to get through the last fifteen seconds of the final plank.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I really REALLY did not want to go on my run last night. So, I used my 20 second beast mode to get my butt out the door and do it. Was probably one of the worst runs I've had in awhile but I'm so glad that I did it! 

"It's always the ones that don't do anything that try to bring you down" - Henry Rollins

"There is no meantime, there is only now" - The Ditty Bops

Trail Blazing Elf Ranger Sumdawgtwigg Level 3  STR-3 DEX-4 STA-4 CON-3 WIS-5 CHA-2

Fitocracy

My Game Blog

DO IT CHALLENGE!

I had to do one today.  After a lengthy discussion with my wife, I decided to turn in my 2 week notice last Thursday.  Man it was hard this morning and I honestly had the thought right before doing it "20 seconds of courage.  Berserker style.  Let's do this!" right before walking in.  I'm not good with stuff like that since I hate confrontation, but it went well.  My boss was very understanding.   

I had to do one today.  After a lengthy discussion with my wife, I decided to turn in my 2 week notice last Thursday.  Man it was hard this morning and I honestly had the thought right before doing it "20 seconds of courage.  Berserker style.  Let's do this!" right before walking in.  I'm not good with stuff like that since I hate confrontation, but it went well.  My boss was very understanding.   

Congrats!  And, good luck on your next phase, Rooks!

Current Challenge || Previous:: 2020 Reset

There are a ton of previous challenges that I'm not linking

"Freaking pansies. Go work out!" - The Art of Clineliness

Posted this in my challenge thread a few days ago. Summoning all my courage, I asked one of the heavy lifters that I regularly see if he could spare a few minutes to form check me. He was kind enough to oblige and corrected several errors in my forms and thus saved me potential injury.

• Like 1

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I totally beast moded tonight.

I had a cancellation- so I had just shy of an hour- and I brought my swim gear (which I tell myself I'll use then find all manner of reasons to not go swimming because it's a PITA and I suck....

and I swam.  For almost 30 minutes (well on and off- not actually full on swimming) but I just said DO IT and went and did it- was very happy with myself that I actually did it.   I really need to implement cardio back into my workouts- so getting into the pool was step one!!! 

Go me!

Okay, mine really isn't exciting to probably anyone else but myself.

I am starting a bucket garden, so i have gone to all the local bakeries and grocery stores to see if they were getting rid of 5 gallon buckets (for frosting or whatever).  I am so shy that I nearly have an anxiety attack every time I walk up to the counter.  But, I have a little "Steve voice" in the back of my head telling me to be courageous. 

So now I have enough buckets to get my garden started for much less than it would have cost me to buy all brand new 5 gallon buckets. 

Cheap + Paleo = Awesome

• Like 2

Level 2 Satyress adventurerSTR 3|DEX 3|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 7|CHA 6

First Challenge:  Disney Song Playlist (April 15th, 2013)

Second Challenge:  Better late than never (June 6, 2013)

"All great changes are preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra

Way to go! I get that, I used to be that shy. Doing stuff like that helped, though I am still somewhat shy-

Okay, mine really isn't exciting to probably anyone else but myself.

I am starting a bucket garden, so i have gone to all the local bakeries and grocery stores to see if they were getting rid of 5 gallon buckets (for frosting or whatever).  I am so shy that I nearly have an anxiety attack every time I walk up to the counter.  But, I have a little "Steve voice" in the back of my head telling me to be courageous. 

So now I have enough buckets to get my garden started for much less than it would have cost me to buy all brand new 5 gallon buckets. 

Cheap + Paleo = Awesome

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I get super self conscious about swimming too- I really do have to have a beast mode just do it moment or I'll talk myself out of it.

which is very odd because I'm usually a very go getter person- I'm a go getter- I don't mind being gawked at- or doing weird things- or dancing in public like no one is watching... but damn pool stuff- it gets me.

I feel your pain!!!   

I found I get over doing HIIT or weird plyos at the gym- it used to make me nervous- but not any more.  People are used to it- I'm used to it.  I've made quiet a few friends through it. 

So here from a newbie, training for three Month now:

Got my own little Berserker Moment yesterday.

We were moving a washing-machine via cablecar, we hit a bump when getting out of the car and got stuck, the doors were about to close so i just picked the damn thing up and carried it away.

Got weird stares and even a compliment from a woman walking around us. Felt really good! =D

I had good moment when I was playing basketball. I was a sub on my team, and I hadn't got to go on for almost the entire match.

Almost.

So we were down by 1 point, and there was a minute left to go.

So I get on having half an idea what to do. I recieve the ball, nervous like crazy. But instead of passing it off, I just went for the basket and scored, the winning shot with like 20 secs to go! :)

I felt like the happiest man on the planet at the time! :)

I had to use my beast mode to reach a 3 minute plank a few days ago. I even growled and yelled towards the end of it. :) 

• Like 1

STR - 9 DEX - 10 STA - 12 CON - 6 WIS - 12.5 CHA - 5 Level 4 Assassin Soldier 

Current Challenge: "Becoming Oliver Queen: Part 1" 

Battle Log: "Will You Commit Yourself to This Program?" 

Epic Quest: "The List" (coming soon!) 

Мой аргумент не Ñ Ð²Ð°Ð¼Ð¸ - My argument is not with you. 

After reading this post the first time I made it my goal to try to use this method to reach my most feared goal: asking out a woman in person.

I got in a relationship really young and did not play the field before hand so dating is not my strong suit. Throw in a divorce at 28 and I'm in a rough position trying to date women around my age. Online dating is easy, I'm a bloody wordsmith when in text. But I have always had that problem with in person first initiations.

Down 86 lbs, Running a 10k in under an hour, and up to 8 chinups in a row I am feeling great about myself, I look fantastic, and people tell me all the time, but I still have the confidence of a nerdy fat guy, when in reality I am pretty fit, I have a crazy interesting job, and am pretty darn popular these days.  

After winning two straight play-off victories in my Dodge ball league, after loosing 8 in a row in the regular season, I was so jazzed up. The thrill of victory rushing through our veins the team went out for celebratory burgers and beers.

As everyone was leaving I ran up to easily the best looking woman in the entire league, and asked her out for drinks! I kinda feel like the run up and the first question ate up all my beast mode as i stumbled a bit from there, but a date for next week none-the-less.

Today, was a good day.

• Like 3

Currently lost in Fitness.

THAT IS AWESOME!!!

Just remember- statistically- the answer is NO 100% of the time if you never ask.  So just say fug it and ask- good for you!

Please remember guys- you do not NEED to fill in the conversation constantly.  Think about conversations with people you really enjoy their company- you talk about things- but there is a nice ebb and flow.

When people get nervous- they want to fill all the spaces in the conversation and it makes it weird.   :)  I hope you have a great time- can't wait to hear back the results!

Don't know if it really counts but my 20 seconds were signing my name on the documents to put an offer in on my house. Here we are a month or so later and we're almost at closing. I'll be a very young homeowner.

• Like 2

Tsundere
Level 1 Adventurer/Ranger, pseudo-ninja and Sailor Scout Rebel
STR: +0 || DEX: +0 || STA: +0 || CON: +0 || WIS: +0 || CHA: +0

"The past is seldom as we would have it. The future yet to be known. Embrace the present and strike all else from concern." - Spartacus

Rebel Ranger Debut

Sailor Tsundere's Battle Logs

Tsundere Tsunami - Personal Blog