20-second Berserker Mode success stories!

mine is totally life goal related rather than fitness, but I had a moment of Berserker Mode Courage and left an abusive marriage with my kids :) It's only been a few weeks, but I feel like an entirely new person.

Been there, done that(luckily we didn't have kids). Glad you're in a healther place.

Sinnah Saint, half-elf, lvl1 Assassin - STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 1.86 | CON 2.86 | WIS 2 | CHA 1.38 - Personal Blog

First 6-Week Challenge

It's not a success story yet, but definitely a story of something unexpected happening when I summoned my 20 seconds....

I'm late for work all the time.  Unfortunately, it boils down to the fact that I can't face it and I don't want to be there.  It has been suggested in the past that I suffer with anxiety, but everyone at work agrees that conditions there at the moment are especially difficult.

Anyway, I don't want to go through the whole verbal warning, written warning, written warning, written warning, waiting for the boss to summon the courage and you're out rigmorole.  So I've been thinking to myself for some time that there are other jobs out there - better ones, or even worse ones closer to home that would leave me better off, more relaxed and happier, but i really want to go back to college and re-train.

I took a deep breath and said "It's because the job I do means nothing to anyone and it's come to mean nothing to me.  I feel trapped here - I don't want to be here but I can't quit."

I expected them to say that they couldn't keep me on if I didn't want to be there, and I better get myself to the job centre.

Instead what followed was a conversation about what I wanted to do instead and how they can offer me the support to get there.
That's amazing - I actually WANT to show up to work on time, now!)

I've spent a few days researching my options and talking to my partner and although I was discouraged from this career path at school, actually, the first steps are a lot easier to take than I thought.

I enrol at college later this month to start a two year, part time access course which, if I'm clever enough, should lead my studying for a BSc in Physiotherapy.

• Like 10

Mythical
Level:0            Class: Unknown

STR:0  WIS:0  CON:0  DEX:0  STA:0

Current Challenge:  The Mythical Ninja Zombie Slayer

Here's my 20 seconds, I moved out of a dumpy place full of black mold! The landlord is a surfer dude slumlord! Everyone who has lived there has had a hard time getting there deposit's back! I padlocked the house and left him voicemails,that when he got back into town,I would give him the keys after he gave me my deposit back! He got to town at 8:44 this morning and I had my deposit back at 9:17! Yay!! Found my voice!!!!

• Like 7

-Jadyn Rayne-
Race: Wood Elf
Class: -Adventurer-DIVERGENT
Level:3
STR: 11 | CHA: 5 | STA: 3 | WIS: 8| CON: 7| DEX: 4

Jadyn Rayne's Battle Log

JadynRayne's current challenge

"Not all who wander are lost."

I asked a girl out today! She didn't take, but it was almost hilarious how my body completely started freaking out at the thought of, "OK, I'm going to ask her to get coffee with me." I'm talking about, heart-pounding, nervous lump in the throat, the works!

But I'm glad I did it! Now I can take the rejection and move on! WHEW! \o/

• Like 6

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I asked a girl out today! She didn't take, but it was almost hilarious how my body completely started freaking out at the thought of, "OK, I'm going to ask her to get coffee with me." I'm talking about, heart-pounding, nervous lump in the throat, the works!

But I'm glad I did it! Now I can take the rejection and move on! WHEW! \o/

Oh I feel with you...I don´t know how often I regret not going Berserkermode on that one. Congrats!

By the way: I don´t know where I´ve read this (maybe even at Nerdfitness xD), but "Stop thinking ´this girl is out of my league´, you would be surprised". If there´s a stunning one I meet, I´ll be switching to Berserker-Mode :-)

• Like 1

I´m a bass player, what´s your superpower?

"Small you are? Lift you must!" Master Broda, at the Dagobrah warrior bootcamp to his apprentice Luke Skylifter

"Let not the gains of your heart diminish the gains from your mind for the path of iron is long and full of hardship"  Book of Liftviticus ch23, v13

Success starts where excuses end! 

\m/ Be awesome!!! \m/

My DailyBattleLog:

\m/ Commitment on being awesome \m/

My Current Challenge:

Click me!!!

Oh I feel with you...I don´t know how often I regret not going Berserkermode on that one. Congrats!

By the way: I don´t know where I´ve read this (maybe even at Nerdfitness xD), but "Stop thinking ´this girl is out of my league´, you would be surprised". If there´s a stunning one I meet, I´ll be switching to Berserker-Mode :-)

It wasn't so "She's out of my league" It was more like "She's a lot younger than I thought she was". So I sorta went "Oops." But luckily she had enough sense to let me know. But I'm glad I did it, I'm glad I forced those 20 seconds of insane courage and lept, otherwise I'd still be here thinking, "What if..."

But I've read that too in a lot of different places. Always aim for the girl that's out of your league. I believe I'll do the same!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

This is a weird one, but I'm still proud of myself.

I have never been able to draw. Stickmen are about as advanced as my doodlings get. A kind artist friend sent me a book designed to encourage left brain thinkers like me to tap into their creative sides and learn the techniques that natural artists just automatically seem to know.

This was a year ago. I got as far as gathering the equipment and then I needed to start with three "pre-instruction" sketches. And then part of me ran away screaming, and the book has sat on my computer desk making me feel guilty ever since.

This week, I set myself an even smaller goal. Instead of three sketches, I would attempt just the first. The others can wait. Finally drew my first self portrait tonight. It's... pretty terrible. Getting started was the most difficult part - cue those twenty seconds. Some terrible pencil lines put to paper. Rubbed out and restarted three times. And then, when there was something on the paper, I just kept going.

Next week, I'll summon up the courage again and attempt sketch number two. This one is going to be much scarier - I'm supposed to draw someone else from memory. Bring it on...!

• Like 4

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

I have never been able to draw. Stickmen are about as advanced as my doodlings get. A kind artist friend sent me a book designed to encourage left brain thinkers like me to tap into their creative sides and learn the techniques that natural artists just automatically seem to know.

What book did your friend send you? Take a picture of your first self portrait so you can compare with it after more practice and be amazed at how far you've come :) Good job making that plunge, the first drawing is the hardest! Way to take the plunge :D 

What book did your friend send you? Take a picture of your first self portrait so you can compare with it after more practice and be amazed at how far you've come :) Good job making that plunge, the first drawing is the hardest! Way to take the plunge :D

Betty Edwards, "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain".

And I have kept my original sketches, but I'm not quite courageous enough to post them online!

• Like 1

This is not a very impressive 20 seconds of courage story lol but I have been working out regularly for about a month and on the days I miss going to the gym, I always tell myself I will work out at home and I never manage to get the motivation. Today, I was feeling low energy because I missed, I read the 20 seconds post and at around 6, I just decided to head out on a walk. I turned on the first chapter of the Zombies! Run app and started walking briskly, and then at the part where they say "Run!" I even jogged! Haha. When I got home I told myself I was gonna shower straightaway but then suddenly without even thinking about it I went and did one set of the beginner body weight workout. YES. I feel great now.

• Like 5

This is not a very impressive 20 seconds of courage story lol but I have been working out regularly for about a month and on the days I miss going to the gym, I always tell myself I will work out at home and I never manage to get the motivation. Today, I was feeling low energy because I missed, I read the 20 seconds post and at around 6, I just decided to head out on a walk. I turned on the first chapter of the Zombies! Run app and started walking briskly, and then at the part where they say "Run!" I even jogged! Haha. When I got home I told myself I was gonna shower straightaway but then suddenly without even thinking about it I went and did one set of the beginner body weight workout. YES. I feel great now.

It's great how one good decision can gain momentum like that, eh?
  • Like 1

During a ski trip I decided to try the hardest trail I have every tried and definitely needed 20 seconds of courage.  It was short, really steep, super icy and bumpy trail.

It took me 20 seconds to decide to go down the trail.  I made it; I was really slow, I made tight turns, and I did not fall once.  Definitely excited to try harder trails next time I ski :D.

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Drawing on (ho ho!) my previous blast of courage, I've been in such a good mood about my last sketch that I've finally done a really scary thing - and shown it to my partner. I didn't want to show off my burgeoning drawing skills until I was ready. Tonight I felt I was. And... he likes it! "I couldn't do that," he says. Well, four weeks ago, neither could I!

Now I don't need to "hide" my artistic efforts any more...

• Like 3

One of my EQ's was to tell a joke to 10 random strangers.  Last week, while I was on the bus, I figured "Screw it", stood up, and told the joke out loud.  Some people laughed, so I guess that's a plus.

But I knocked out 1 quest in less than 20 seconds.  Feels good man.

• Like 4

Level 4

Character Sheet | Current Challenge |

| Past Challenges | #1 | #2 | #3#4 |
Educate - Entertain - Inspire

I guess my most recent 20 seconds was/is writing this post! I have a hard time acknowledging my achievements and can't seem to hit the woot room for some reason. (Also balking at adding myself to the leaderboards for a nominal spot...) 

BUT! Being positive:

5 weeks ago I used my 20 seconds to post form videos

4 weeks ago I took a deep breath, joined a gym and used a squat rack for the first time.

3 days ago I hit PRs on back squats (95#) and deadlifts (115#)

My next 20 seconds will hopefully be woot and leaderboard related!

• Like 2

My next 20 seconds will hopefully be woot and leaderboard related!

Oh wait! This is part of the woot room! Huzzah!!!

• Like 1

My 20 seconds of courage is not special. It's not fitness related, it hasn't helped me short term or nor will it long term, but I'm so impressed that I did it I just have to post it.

I don't like spiders. I have never touched a spider, and I have never had any urge to.

The other day at the stables someone went into the toilet only to run out screaming. Cue 8 of us going to see what the problem was. I kid you not, there was a spider the size of my fist in the sink. Some people squealed, others flapped, one person stated that we'd have to burn the yard down.

...I looked at my gloved hands, shrugged, pushed past everyone, picked the devilspawn up and threw it over the hedge. I have no idea what compelled me to do that, as I'm usually the one screaming.

But thanks to those 20 seconds of loss of sanity courage, I was the hero of the yard for a good hour.

It felt nice.

• Like 9

Level 9 Pixie

I may not be the strongest, the fastest, or the bravest. But I'll be damned if I'm not trying my hardest.
17 STR ¦ 17 STA ¦ 13 CON ¦ 17 WIS ¦ 13 CHA ¦ 12 DEX

Latest Challenge! , Battle Log! , CHARACTERYAY

The time gap between the previous post in this thread and mine is making me very nervous, so I guess this is a 20s x 2 COMBO :)

Yesterday, at the gym, I had one of the trainers record a video of me doing deadlifts. This is a big deal, because I'm scared as hell being in pictures or videos.

He had noticed some issues with my form (my back was slightly rounded and I was leaning too far forward) and asked if he could record me so I could see it for myself. Watching the video was really weird and confrontational, but also really insightful.

Being told that you're doing something wrong is never fun and seeing it for yourself is even less so. But I'm glad I pushed through the fear and did this, so I know now that this problem exists, giving me the chance to fix it. Instead of ignoring it and ending up with a busted back. (Again...)

• Like 2

Since this thread has woken up again, I'll mention my own brave moment.

I did my workout when I got to work this morning (if I get the earlier bus, I have a good twenty minutes thanks to the lighter traffic). There's a sports field and some outdoor equipment, like a set of pull-up bars (about the only place I can use one, since I don't trust the doorways in my house to hold up even my slender frame). I get changed when I'm there and hit the field in just a pair of shorts.

I'm used to it now, but the thought of working out outside where anyone might see me was scary the first time. And the second.

Today also marks the second time I've dared to finish my workout with a light run around the field. Barefoot. Pine cones are not fun, but a gentle run on grass is actually pretty nice if you watch your step.

• Like 4

There is this girl, I like her a LOT I know her as she's a friend of some old friends of mine, met her at a wedding 8! years ago.

I lived in London she lived in San Fransico... about 2 weeks ago I bumped into her in a bar in Amsterdam (funny how that goes). 

We spoke for quite some time I listened very much into what she likes, her hobbies, type of food, books etc. just "small talk"in a bar.

This weekend, I knew it was her Birthday, and I know the location of the party... so I went, bought her a book, gave it with shaking hands, and left. 

that was 20 f*cking scary minutes, but it got me a hug and a text saying it was very nice and cute of me... 

I'm happy about that... even though I don't think she'll acctually go out if me but that might be for another time.. at least I did this.. :)

• Like 3

Challanges; #1, #2, #3

Battle Log | Epics 

I've been studying up on Wim Hof's breathing method and working on cold acclimation. Today (28 degrees F, - 2 C) I changed into shorts, no shoes and no shirt, and after a few sessions of breathing I sprinted down to the river and fully immersed myself in the water. I roared when I surfaced, crawled out, and sprinted back home.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b