Annoying comments you hear all the time

Whether you are male, female, skinny, athletic, overweight..on the paleo diet, no diet, etc, we all have those same annoying comments we hear ALL the freaking time. So my question is what annoying comments do you always seem to hear?

Here's a list of a couple of mine:

"If I ate like you, I'd look like you"- (This one is from a friend and every time i think "No you wouldn't. First of all that's literally impossible. Second of all you aren't willing to change what you eat. so quit complaining")

When i mention how much i like to eat to people..."you like to eat? Where does it all go?" the weirdest one i got, "you like to eat, where does it all go? your feet?"---- Actually no, it eventually goes into the toilet.

"Why do you work out? youre so skinny." -----hmm maybe to be healthy. shocker, i know. Apparently being naturally thin means it's an excuse to be a couch potato and not lift a finger. 

"Why are you watching what you eat? youre already skinny"---- maybe i don't want to fill my body full of crappy processed food that you are unable to pronounce. Oh yeah and because mcdonalds is freaking disgusting.

• Like 7

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

I am a Vegetarian and the most common comment I get is "So what do you eat?" People act as if meat is the only food source in the world. Its getting to the point where the next time someone asks that I am going to say "Souls, I eat souls."

Another one is "Why are you Vegetarian? You are so skinny already" or this one"That is why you are so thin, you have to eat meat to get muscle." then the go on talking about protein in which they have no clue what they are saying.

It always makes me laugh when overweight unhealthy people try to give me nutrition advice.

• Like 14

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nocturnis, Level 1 Half Elf Ranger

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 3

[/TABLE]

Its getting to the point where the next time someone asks that I am going to say "Souls, I eat souls."

You have no idea how much I wish I'd thought of this...

• Like 5

This used to be where  my weight loss progress bar was. Maybe it will be here again when I'm ready to face the scale and work on my fat problem.
 NewBattleLog              OldBattleLog (between challenges)

Spoiler

Don't let what you cannot do
interfere with what you can do.

-John Wooden

2013 Running Tally: I lost track in July, at 148.925  ((plus 0.5)) but I finished a Very Slow marathon in October. Then I mostly stopped.
2014 Running Tally: 134.1 miles plus 5k (as of 17 September) lost track again, but I know I had at least 147.2 plus 5k for 2014.
2015 Running Tally: 41.2 treadmilled miles & 251.93 real world miles

2016 Running Tally: 0

Why do you work out? youre so skinny." -----hmm maybe to be healthy. shocker, i know. Apparently being naturally thin means it's an excuse to be a couch potato and not lift a finger. 

"Why are you watching what you eat? youre already skinny"---- maybe i don't want to fill my body full of crappy processed food that you are unable to pronounce. Oh yeah and because mcdonalds is freaking disgusting.

So familiar! My mother is still worried I think I'm fat and that I'll lose a lot of weight (I've been running for over a year now, weight stayed exactly the same, which I'm fine with!). 

Also: People almost 'forcing' me to eat cake/fried food because 'it won't hurt you! Go ahead and have some more!' (No thanks, I feel sick if I eat fried food for dinner.) 

• Like 2

level 10 wood elf assassin

Intro1st challenge | .... | 6th | 7th | 8th | 9th | 10th | Current @ warriors

When I told one of my oldest friends that I was starting to clean up my diet and work out more, he told me "Don't lose too much weight, you're my funny fat friend.  It's like having a less funny Chris Farley around"  That one stung a bit.

umm..wow kind of a d*** thing to say! Plus as much as I loved Chris Farley he was very unhealthy and died of a drug overdose. Not really the type you should be like.  All I have to say is true friends will support you no matter if they think it's stupid or not. So lets hope this old friend of yours turns their attitude around

The comments have stopped...I think people are actually seeing a change in me. That and I don't bother to keep people who put me down in my life. I have been told I need to eat more things like that but that hasn't happened in a while

• Like 1

Largest annoying comment set I get is "Phoenix, you're a rabbit." or "You keep the produce section up and running with how much you have to buy.  Seriously, all those veggies...," etc, etc.

I honestly like veggies.  I do.  Even as a fat guy, I Would rather munch on carrots or fruit than chips.  Healthier AND tastier.  Hell, I had a post-doc visit me at my apartment one time and he commented on how my fridge was way too healthy for a grad student...

• Like 2

RisenPhoenix, the Entish Aikidoka

Challenge: RisenPhoenix Turns to Ash

"The essence of koryu [...is] you offer your loyalty to something that you choose to regard as greater than yourself so that you will, someday, be able to offer service to something that truly is transcendent." ~ Ellis Amdur, Old School

Whether you are male, female, skinny, athletic, overweight..on the paleo diet, no diet, etc, we all have those same annoying comments we hear ALL the freaking time. So my question is what annoying comments do you always seem to hear?

Here's a list of a couple of mine:

"If I ate like you, I'd look like you"- (This one is from a friend and every time i think "No you wouldn't. First of all that's literally impossible. Second of all you aren't willing to change what you eat. so quit complaining")

When i mention how much i like to eat to people..."you like to eat? Where does it all go?" the weirdest one i got, "you like to eat, where does it all go? your feet?"---- Actually no, it eventually goes into the toilet.

"Why do you work out? youre so skinny." -----hmm maybe to be healthy. shocker, i know. Apparently being naturally thin means it's an excuse to be a couch potato and not lift a finger. 

Someone at the gym told me not to loose to much more weight- he's like you're great the way you are- I don't mean any offense by this but don't lose any more. I was like- Um. thanks?  i guess.

I've gotten the "you look amazing why are you worried about it"  comments before- I'm SUPER snarky when it comes to that stuff- mostly because my reply is if looking fabulous was easy- everyone would do it- this shit takes work. 

I am a Vegetarian and the most common comment I get is "So what do you eat?" People act as if meat is the only food source in the world. Its getting to the point where the next time someone asks that I am going to say "Souls, I eat souls."

Another one is "Why are you Vegetarian? You are so skinny already" or this one"That is why you are so thin, you have to eat meat to get muscle." then the go on talking about protein in which they have no clue what they are saying.

It always makes me laugh when overweight unhealthy people try to give me nutrition advice.

I hate when people who are in terrible "shape" or eat like shit try to give me advice when I tell them I don't eat carbs but eat bacon.  LOL

I tell people I eat babies- it's amusing.  it's also how I describe the music I listen too- baby eating music.  

Oh another one that annoys me "it only has a little flour you'll be fine"---- im gluten intolerant and I don't care how much or how little gluten the food has in it, my body notices and reacts to it. 

And i got told today that im "missing out" because im not eating fast food and unhealthy things. oh yeah missing out.

Level 1 Elf Adventurer STR 2|DEX 2|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 4

"You've lost enough, don't lose anymore" - coming from someone who's at LEAST 30 lbs less than me.

"You won't look good too skinny" - really? how would you know? Because I've never seen myself at the weight I am now.

"You have to stop losing." - why? I feel great, what's it to you.

"Dude! Even I don't fit into a size 10, you should get one size bigger" - but the pants fit perfectly.

I personally think I'm surrounded by people who feel intimidated or something else is going through their mind - and are reflecting it on me and my weight loss. It's okay, to each their own. It's not annoying as much as it's just an observation. I understand people come from lots of different dark places.. it's cool.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Oh another one that annoys me "it only has a little flour you'll be fine"---- im gluten intolerant and I don't care how much or how little gluten the food has in it, my body notices and reacts to it. 

And i got told today that im "missing out" because im not eating fast food and unhealthy things. oh yeah missing out.

The 'missing out' thing gets me too. I am not missing a damned thing by not eating KFC or a bag of sweets. I'm still there, having a great time with people.

Adventurer Lv. 1

20/100 EXP

When you start achieving things and improving yourself it can make people look at themselves subconsciously and if they're unhappy with themselves they'll say stupid shit like that, it's as if their insecurity wants you to fail so they'll feel better about themselves.

Pretty much. I always found that interesting where I'm talking about what I'm up to, with offering advice (unless asked) or saying 'you should try xyz', and I'll sometimes get a, "you make me feel bad for not doing the same". Um, okay... 

Cee, Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom

STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4

ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2

Irish - I agree.

Ultimate awkward comment said to me this morning by the trainer at my work:

"you don't need to squat that low - in fact, I don't want you going that low and hurting yourself." - *groan* I never even asked for help - she was taking around a newbie trainer-in-training and decided to pick on my squats.

Level 3 - Half-Elf Warrior, STR - 5 | DEX - 1 | STA - 6 | CON - 5.5 | WIS - 3.5 | CHA - 5

I know where I'm going, and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want. ~  Ali

Previous Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

"What are you eating these days?"

"Mostly blondes"

Is this is referring to the scene in Total Recall in which a prostitute approaches Arnold, grabs his thing, and says, "What have you been feeding this thing?" And he replies, "Blondes"? Oh Arnold.

My biggest problem with the comments is that it's SO hard to tell the bullshit from the helpful comments. My boyfriend has been telling me stuff for years and I just ignored it because everyone has something to say about my diet or exercise. But I should have been listening to him all this time. D'oh!

Amazon Warrior

29, F, 5'11 ft, 159lbs

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5

"do you work out?" - Unos: "naah i was born like this" or just a plain "yeah" *new topic* - what i think after being asked 100 times: ofc i do, otherwise i would look/feel like.. well no offence..you.

asked by people who do not work out: "How often do you work out?" unos: "5-6 days a week" person: "that can't be healthy.." *opens 4th bag of chips*

and yeah, like you guys said, getting health advice from overweight-not-health people is annoying..

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit"

Unos -. Ranger

Is this is referring to the scene in Total Recall in which a prostitute approaches Arnold, grabs his thing, and says, "What have you been feeding this thing?" And he replies, "Blondes"? Oh Arnold.

Damn right it is!! Arnie is a source of inspiration for me every, single, damn, day. I love that guy!

Go BIG, or go home.