3 things

1. morning snuggles 

2. baristas that make me buttered coffee without freaking out about my weird request

3. FRIDAY!!

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

Yes! Found this thread after looking for it a long time.

1. I am alive, and despite some quite rough times, I'm still here.

2. I am afraid, tired, scared, and a lot of other stuff, but I'm not done yet.

3. Petting a very cute cat. For a brief moment, I was all there, in the moment, and had no worries.

It's a wonderful cure for blood pressure and racing thoughts.

• Like 3

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

3. Petting a very cute cat. For a brief moment, I was all there, in the moment, and had no worries.

It's a wonderful cure for blood pressure and racing thoughts.

Cats rule!! :)

1. THE SUN IS OUT!! <3

2. Wearing my Sailor Mars lifting shirt to the gym today (it's the little things)

3. Noticing the effect eating cleaner and drinking TONS of water is having on my energy levels... no more post-lunchtime crash for me!  It's wonderful~

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

1. I got to see a friend I hadn't seen in ~5 years today!

2. we went to one of my favorite places for breakfast

3. get to see a couple of other good friends this weekend :)

• Like 2

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

1. A study path that I'm passionate about.

Amazing parents who gave me the childhood that they never had.

Our two dogs (and one cat who thinks she's a dog).

• Like 1

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

1. the sun rising over the Cascade mountains continues to creep northward as the days lengthen! This morning it came up over the North Cascades up the Skagit valley. Beautiful!

2. AM coffee with my sister

3. Flying to see friends TOMORROW!!

• Like 2

1) my garden and my yard.  a place I can plant things, bring life and just ooze love into.

2) friends that understand that sometimes having them over is too much for me to deal with and they do not judge me when I go off to another room to rest and be quiet.

3) my husband, who loves me more than I ever thought was possible 

• Like 2

Hmmmm, let me try this out

1) I'm going to my new Crossfit box today! Moved to a new town last weekend and this will be my trial run, so they'll know how much to push me

2) Listened to the latest Crystal Method album while commuting to work. Coupled with my outfit, made me feel like a Shadowrunner

3) Easy day at the office, which allows me to browse NF and run into threads like this

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

1. It's raining :)

2. I am okay with giving myself a mid-week rest day, rather than feeling like a failure. 

3. I got the yoga pants I have been wanting for months, and they should be here Saturday :D

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

1. Today I found a brand new (still shrink-wrapped) Star Wars audiobook on CD at a second-hand store....for $0.50. Only slightly freaking out. :D

2. It was a slow day at work, which let me get some other things done that needed to be finished.

3. I get to ride horses this afternoon!

• Like 2

Multifaceted Obsessionist

1. I get to hit the Crossfit box again. Besides excitement, if I do it Saturday as well, I will have made my goal of 3 visits per week when until yesterday I thought I was headed for a zero score on Week 2

2. Booked tickets to visit my hometown next week

3. It's Friday!

• Like 1

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️

1. made it to 530 WOD for my 3rd CF workout this week. Woot!

2. Date night tonight = Boundary Bay sampler tray and bouldering

3. teaching my first Inspection class next week in Detroit. Yikes and woot!

So, two weeks worth of gratitude, because I forgot to post here. Maybe this will brighten someones day.

Brace yourselves, here goes:

Spoilers for a reason, it's about 1.5 A4 page.

- I am grateful for vivid imagination.

- I am grateful for good medication for sore throat and fever, and that the fever is passing.

- I am grateful for the said meds+fever making me feel fluid. Letting my gaze wander

along invisible lines in the ceiling and walls, because it felt... natural. Fun times.

(38.2 Celcius, or 100.7 Fahrenheit.)

- I am grateful for finding several great quotes from two good books lately.

Though translated to Finnish, I don't have the originals yet.

-

- I am grateful for Tom Shear for the amazing, thoughtful and soothing music he produces.

(I don't know if I ever could get there, be like that in the song, without taken advantage on,

but it's beautiful. *watching thoughtfully out the window, while listening*)

-  I am grateful that I have working feet. The freedom to walk where I want, unassisted,

and without pain, is something I came to think about after I saw a person in a wheelchair.

It's so everyday to be able to walk, but thinking about how wonderful it is...

(Yay, forgot this then! Still something grateful.)

- I am grateful for clean water when thirsty.

- I am grateful that I got 2 pieces out of 5 done on an assignment that I banged my head on the wall with for 2 days. Sentence structure :rolleyes:

- I am grateful that I have a healthy libido. Enough said.

- I am grateful for printed NF comments, old HOoRAY entries and personal journal pages. I notice it's a different kind of darkness now.

I don't know if I am moving towards or away from light, but I am grateful that I am at least moving somewhere.

- Eating too much food and sleeping 3 hours straight :love_heart:

- Unlimited shower time, because the water is part of the rent. Almost scalding water warming up the nape of my neck and spinal cord :love_heart: !

- Just as I left sauna, I thought "Hrmpf, I have to clean this up!", my little brother came there,

so I didn't have to clean it up after all.

- The scent of moisturizing lotion after my mother left the room

- a bit of progress on the harder than usual task

- Not having the usual flurry of worries and chatter in my head feels good for a change.

- Got the harder than usual task done!

- I returned several assignments today, and got some additional work done.

- Naked flame soothes. As do water and forests. It is so calm to just watch a campfire.
Like meditation, in a way.

- I am grateful for the chance to unwind, though I am afraid that not taking work
with me to for the 5 days was a mistake, as it leads to more catching up to do later.

- A lesson about delaying gratification today

- My hand are getting rest from all the typing,
and they seem to be enjoying it.

- Unexcepted money because it is going to be my birthday soon
- I got 2-5 hours of sleep, and between that or none at all,
it really makes a difference

- I realized that I have access to internet via a library.
I was like "Damn. I knew this. Why haven't I thought of this before?"

I feel all fluffy now. The little sparks make up a flood of light in the end.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker