THE NEXT 6 WEEK CHALLENGE STARTS MONDAY, Nov 10th. There is a two week break this time! See you soon rebels!

Helpful Links to start the challenge:
[Challenge Instructions]
[Challenge Rules Subforum]
[Challenge FAQ]
[Role Playing] - Creating your character and rolling your stats
[Guild Leaders and mods] - If you have questions or issues these are the people to ask :)

Photo
- - - - -

Magic Bullet/Nutri Bullet...Great investment!

food diet paleo health

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shortstaxx1

Shortstaxx1

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

I recently purchased a Magic Bullet.  I found a great receipe that I have been making for my son.  It is a Brain Fog Buster.  Basically it has:

Blueberries

Walnuts

Banana

Spinach

Protien Powder

Water

I tweaked it a little by adding coconut water, and I use a protien powder that tastes like cake mix.  I also change up the nuts when I'm out of walnuts.  It tastes so good that I have been drinking it for breakfast every morning for the past week.  It is remarkably filling.

I also made tomato sauce for our home made pizzas.  It was the best I've ever had.  I will post the recipe when I have access to it later.

Does anyone else have healthy ideas for the Magic Bullet?  I'd love to add to what we already have.

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"] [/font]

[font="calibri;"]“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!”  Mame Dennis, Auntie Mame 1958[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"][color=#008000;]Level 1 Lycan Adventurer[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"][color=#4b0082;]STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 2  CON: 2  WIS: 6  CHA: 4[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"]Possessions:  Fire Flower Power Up[/font][/font]

#2 ceethegreat

ceethegreat

Revolter

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

Oh yum, I'm looking forward to the tomato sauce recipe for pizza!

You can make pesto in it, right? Pesto is delicious. Also makes a killer pizza sauce for veggie pizza.

[color=rgb(128,0,0);][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Cee[/color], [/font][color=rgb(128,0,0);][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]Level 2 Wood Elf Adventurer of the Earth Kingdom[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]STR 4.5 . DEX 1 . STA 3 . CON 5 . WIS 8.75 . CHA 4[/color][/font]

[color=rgb(128,128,128);][font="'trebuchet ms', helvetica, sans-serif;"]ch 0|ch 1|challenge 2[/color][/font]

#3 Shortstaxx1

Shortstaxx1

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Here is the pizza receipe.  I found it on www.nutribulletblog.com.

Inflammation-Fighting Pizza

We have been hearing a lot lately about the effects of inflammation on the body. Many who have changed their diets to include anti-inflammatory ingredients have been experiencing the benefits, including increased energy, fighting illness, reducing pain or improving skin tone. A change in what we consume and how we prepare our food is definitely worth the effort.

I’m all about simplicity, especially when it comes to the kitchen! Since I am on a gluten-free diet and love a good pizza, I came up with a delicious recipe for gluten-free pizza that incorporates many inflammation-fighting ingredients and, of course, I use my NutriBullet to simplify and speed up the cooking process. The following recipe takes a total of 15 minutes including baking time!

Ingredients:

• Frozen Gluten Free Prepared Pizza Crust (I use Nature’s HiLights Brown Rice/Whole Grain Crust)
  • 2 fresh tomatoes (use organic, if possible)
  • Garlic, ground basil, fennel and onion salt – to taste
  • Fresh parsley
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • ¼ onion-chopped
  • Fresh cilantro
  • 8 Fresh basil leafs
  • Fresh spinach leafs
  • ¼ cup lite mozzarella cheese-shredded

Directions:

1. Warm pizza crust at 500 degrees Fahrenheit for 4 minutes and remove from oven. Reduce temperature to 425 degrees. If using a different crust, follow instructions on package for warming.
  2. While warming the crust, pulse tomatoes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, onion salt, ground basil, and fennel in your NutriBullet for a few seconds until it becomes a sauce.
  3. Spread sauce evenly over crust. Layer with fresh basil leafs, cilantro, spinach leafs, chopped onions and cheese.
  4. Bake for 8 minutes directly on oven rack.

This recipe is low sodium/low sugar. If you like a sweeter sauce, you can add a little Stevia.

My teenager LOVES this!!! He'd rather make this pizza then order in.  Yay for me...eating healthy AND spending time with my son!

[font="calibri;"]“Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death!”  Mame Dennis, Auntie Mame 1958[/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"][color=#008000;]Level 1 Lycan Adventurer[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"][color=#4b0082;]STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 2  CON: 2  WIS: 6  CHA: 4[/color][/font][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][font="calibri;"]Possessions:  Fire Flower Power Up[/font][/font]

#4 Shortstaxx1

Shortstaxx1

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

THis is a great Paleo recipe for chicken that uses the Magic Bullet.

Ginger garlic scallion crusted Chicken

2 pounds (1kg) boneless chicken breast (pounded to even thickness)
2-3 tbs. fresh ginger (peeled) (more if you like lots of ginger)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 cup (10g) scallions (chopped)
2 tbs. olive oil
1/2 cup (75g) almonds (chopped)
1 tbs. coconut oil
salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1.  Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness
2.  Peel ginger and garlic cloves and cube your ginger into chunks.
3.  Roughly chop scallions and combine ingredients in mini-processor (Magic Bullet).  Pulse them a few times to combine. (you can also use a blender or food processor).
4.  Add olive oil to processor and mix into a paste.
5.  Preheat oven to 450F (230C) and chop nuts.
6.  Heat coconut oil in large oven-proof skillet and place chicken “smooth side” down – sear chicken (about 2-3 minutes).
7.  Flip chicken, turn off the burner and coat seared side with ginger/garlic/scallion paste and sprinkle nuts on top.
8.  Place chicken in oven for 10 or so minutes until chicken is cooked through (internal temp reaches at least 170F (75C)) and the crust on the top is golden brown and nuts look…well…browned!
9.  Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes and serve

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: food, diet, paleo, health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users