• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Morrigainz

Female powerlifting inspiration

33 posts in this topic

And I'm not talking about the pictures of women standing in front of the dumbbell rack with stripper heels and panties on.

I figured there are plenty of dudes that get talked about over here, but what about the ladies? Other than spezzy (:D) who inspires you to keep lifting heavy?

I submit for your approval: Caitlyn Trout.

Check out the creeper stare on the bald guy in the top picture.

Yeah, I discovered Caitlyn this morning, she's cool.  Her boyfriend also spells his name correctly, which is also cool.

She needs to update her site...

Her. I would buy her a steak dinner if I could. 

Only if she was ok with being a Cougar.

And I'm not talking about the pictures of women standing in front of the dumbbell rack with stripper heels and panties on.

I figured there are plenty of dudes that get talked about over here, but what about the ladies? Other than spezzy ( :D) who inspires you to keep lifting heavy?

I submit for your approval: Caitlyn Trout.

Girl crush alert!

Gina Carrano, Rhonda Rousey

Also currently Julia Ladewski.

Btw, you see caitlin is 5'1" and is carb back loading not deficit eating. ...

I love Dana Lynn Bailey.

she isn't a power lifter but yeah. she makes me happy. I . think she's my doppelganger. Lol

Can we get a shout out to AngelaTheGeek. Not a PL but uber strong and saving up to go to Nationals. That's right, one of our nerds is going to Nationals. 

Inspiration times a 1000

Huzzah! And we've got 80's Medium in the PL nationals, though qualifying for that PL nationals is nowhere near as hard as weightlifting nationals.

I love Dana Lynn Bailey.

she isn't a power lifter but yeah. she makes me happy. I . think she's my doppelganger. Lol

+1. Her and her husband Rob are my second favorite swoll couple behind Nick and Caillie Best.

WCbVEcb.jpg

http://youtu.be/EAkqiDF4wCY

Huzzah! And we've got 80's Medium in the PL nationals, though qualifying for that PL nationals is nowhere near as hard as weightlifting nationals.

Um really not impressive. If it was Raw Nationals or Arnolds with the USAPL that'd be a different story.

Back on topic speaking of female powerlifting inspirations here's a teammate of mine hitting a pretty heavy skwat.

http://youtu.be/Dwg4NDlWpkI

Will watch that video later, but that guys has wooden atlas stone platforms! My garage may need a redesign...

But yeah, seconds on Camille, I liked her on facebook and loe every time she pops up in my News Feed.

Holy sh*t.

The family that lifts together, stays together?

Katie freaking Hogan. i idolize this lady. this image is my work desktop background. probably weirds people out, but whatever.

tumblr_lz6g4rXQna1r1n07ho1_500.jpg

more about her:

Yeah, saw the Katie Hogan lift video a bit back. She's got some awesome in her.

Sent from my iPhone- please forgive length and autocorrects (yes, I'm blaming it on the phone).

Might sound dumb, but I keep my eyes on women lifting *just* a bit more than me, or doing something just a bit braver than what I'm ready for. So, anyone in a comp or online who's doing a bit better than me, they're what pushes me to go harder.

First PL comp I went to, that was a woman who went out there and benched the bare bar (45lb/20kg) as her opening lift. Big lift? No. But it got me going "Hey, I could do that. I could go in a comp, I could lift more than that." I look at people like Shiggles and Cruella whom I've met, and others like Spezzy that I only know from the forums, and I peek at the NF leaderboards and go "If I can lift maybe 10kgs more then I'll get ahead of bofhgirl and move into second place for women".

Sometimes there's some bodybuilder that I admire, but while I admire their looks it doesn't actually inspire me to work harder, if that makes sense. I need goals that are closer to home - something I can see myself achieving with just a bit more work. The only celebrity that's made me work harder is Linda Hamilton - loved the hell out of the chin-ups scene in Terminator 2, as well as her strong looking arms, and that was inspiring for me to work on my chin ups, so I could do effortless chin-ups like she could.

Might sound dumb, but I keep my eyes on women lifting *just* a bit more than me, or doing something just a bit braver than what I'm ready for. So, anyone in a comp or online who's doing a bit better than me, they're what pushes me to go harder.

First PL comp I went to, that was a woman who went out there and benched the bare bar (45lb/20kg) as her opening lift. Big lift? No. But it got me going "Hey, I could do that. I could go in a comp, I could lift more than that." I look at people like Shiggles and Cruella whom I've met, and others like Spezzy that I only know from the forums, and I peek at the NF leaderboards and go "If I can lift maybe 10kgs more then I'll get ahead of bofhgirl and move into second place for women".

Sometimes there's some bodybuilder that I admire, but while I admire their looks it doesn't actually inspire me to work harder, if that makes sense. I need goals that are closer to home - something I can see myself achieving with just a bit more work. The only celebrity that's made me work harder is Linda Hamilton - loved the hell out of the chin-ups scene in Terminator 2, as well as her strong looking arms, and that was inspiring for me to work on my chin ups, so I could do effortless chin-ups like she could.

This is exactly what I do too, and it's the best motivator I've had. First it was chasing down Spezzy's deadlift when I first started, then it was Seth's squat, then bigm and wizardtrip on the deadlift.  Now It's bigm's Wilks total on deadlift and SwoleTroll's squat. Always someone who is just a step or two beyond me, that goal being reachable in the short term is huge.