American Ninja Warrior - New Season July 1, 2013

i just watched the episode with the guy from Sarasota, FL that completed the course in jeans and headphones. his appearance, his background, his personality and his abilities combined instill a great amount of intrigue in me. he seemed so playful and possessed an incredibly high skill level - he reminded me of Philippe Petit, who was featured in the documentary film "Man on Wire."

Sean Morris! i think he's my fav competitor. love his attitude of just having fun on the course.

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

Anyone watching this year? :D

I started to, but we only have one TV and the wife quickly booted ANW for so you think you can dance... gotta choose your battles and this is one I lose every year.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Whoof.  Realistically, the only reason we're watching it again is we actually have a PVR (came with the internet bundle), so we accidentally recorded the entire season.  My children are now SALIVATING for an ANW training course in our back yard.  We only got the keys to our new house yesterday, and they're wondering when it will be done.  

... at least they're psyched for it? :D

anw%20backyard%202-101_zpsvz1c9hfs.jpg

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

HECK YES I'M WATCHING ANW IT'S THE BEST SHOW EVAAAAAR :D *flails arms in excitement*

Where did you find the plans for that playset?? That is seriously awesome!

I made them.  I'm bored at work, and need to look busy.  

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Love that this is on again, its my wife's and I favorite show. I built a salmon ladder and rope clg this year I'm the backyard. Today I plan on building a grip strength wall

Hoping to add to it every two weeks or so. I'm hoping it stays on for two more years as I don't think I'll have a realistic shot next year, my goal is the year after.

• Like 1

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

Finals continiue tonight -I'm pumped

Small rant: I see that Casey Katnzaro has been given a wild card slot. I love her, she is amazing. But, truth is she didn't do  very well in her run. I feel like the only reason she got a wild card is due to popularity. I'd rather the wild card go to people who were closer to earning it. What do you guys think?

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

I totally agree. I love Casey, don't get me wrong. She's awesome and an inspiration to us womenfolk, as are all the women on there. But it seems like a LOOOT of the wild card slots were given to women, and it feels like that's the only reason they got them - they're the only women on the show!

But whatever. I still look forward to seeing her run again. Everyone has bad days right? So maybe she'll do better than she did on her run a couple months ago.

Thrillho, if you end up making that ANW playset in your backyard, you'll have to share with us how you made it. A DIY video of sorts, maybe. I'd love to be able to do ANW style exercises in my backyard. I already know how to make a DIY salmon ladder thanks to YouTube (fairly easy) and plan on making one eventually.

• Like 1

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

I totally agree. I love Casey, don't get me wrong. She's awesome and an inspiration to us womenfolk, as are all the women on there. But it seems like a LOOOT of the wild card slots were given to women, and it feels like that's the only reason they got them - they're the only women on the show!

But whatever. I still look forward to seeing her run again. Everyone has bad days right? So maybe she'll do better than she did on her run a couple months ago.

Yeah, I guess that's why I wasn't happy with it. I'd rather the women earn it, not just get wild cards. Course, I'm still looking forward to seeing her on the course and hope she does awesome. Last week's finals were great, so many people made it.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Thrillho, if you end up making that ANW playset in your backyard, you'll have to share with us how you made it. A DIY video of sorts, maybe. I'd love to be able to do ANW style exercises in my backyard. I already know how to make a DIY salmon ladder thanks to YouTube (fairly easy) and plan on making one eventually.

If you need help I built a combo salmon ladder and rope climb. Its 12' tall and pretty fun.

I agree seems the wild cards were given out based on sex. When Casey went out I told my wife she'll be in Vegas bc of who she is. Whatever she's a great competitor, and has provided inspiration to so many. There's a lot of talent there this year, it may be the year. I hope so and not, as I'm wanting to try out for my 35 bday and if someone wins I worry they'll take it off the air.

<p><p>eedad's daily battle log ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/70279-eedads-daily-log/Challenge #1 ----> http://rebellion.nerdfitnss.com/index.php?/topic/70983-eedads-first-challenge-1/Plank times, progress measured as workouts per week with final measure of time 12/12

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

If you need help I built a combo salmon ladder and rope climb. Its 12' tall and pretty fun.

Super cool, I think we need pictures.

In this pic the rungs are 12 inches apart meaning youhad to jump up 15 inches. I've since moved them to 8 inches making the jp 11 inches but you get the idea.

IMG_20150816_172506364.jpg

• Like 1

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

Looks pretty good.

By the way, I didn't post my history with Ninja Warrior yet. Back when it aired on G4tv, I would watch the original Japanese version called Sasuke often, since it was on all the time. For some reason it never really motivated me to go out and get fit, you'd think it would, but I just enjoyed the thrill of watching people pass or fail. Akiyama, Tasheda, and Nagano are all legends of Sasuke that I still look up to to this day.

Anyone else here watch it since it originally came to America by way of G4tv?

• Like 2

Level 7 Ranger

STR 19 | STA 16 | DEX 17 | CON 10 | WIS 8 | CHA 8

Battle Log | Previous Challenge | Progress Photos

I used to watch it on g4 as well, though since it was always on, or seemed that way, I didn't follow as closely, I'd just turn it on if I was looking for something to watch.

I couldn't believe so many made it through last night. Definitely the most through stage one. I'm really looking forward to next week to see if someone makes it all the way, with that many competitors, it seems like there is a chance.

• Like 1

100%
100%
Flexibility 24/24
100%
100%
Diet 38/42
90.4%
90.4%
Life goal = pass/fail<p>
100%
100%

I know! It was terribly exciting. I can't imagine how they're going to get through all those people in one night though - next week is supposed to be the finale, right? Unless my TV guide was lying... >_>

Did anyone else think Stage 1 looked kinda easy? I mean, obviously it's a difficult course, but some of the city finals courses looked harder than this, and it was kinda weird.

Finals continiue tonight -I'm pumped

Small rant: I see that Casey Katnzaro has been given a wild card slot. I love her, she is amazing. But, truth is she didn't do  very well in her run. I feel like the only reason she got a wild card is due to popularity. I'd rather the wild card go to people who were closer to earning it. What do you guys think?

I suspect the decision to wild card Kacy was ratings. I know I watched her run on the edge of my seat as I'd guess millions of others did.

Hey. I've got a blog!! ----> The Dilnad Can!

This is how I did it. This is how you too can do it! ----> http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2015/09/28/learn-how-an-office-worker-lost-100-lbs-saved-his-own-life-and-became-a-superhero/

I know! It was terribly exciting. I can't imagine how they're going to get through all those people in one night though - next week is supposed to be the finale, right? Unless my TV guide was lying... >_>

Did anyone else think Stage 1 looked kinda easy? I mean, obviously it's a difficult course, but some of the city finals courses looked harder than this, and it was kinda weird.

I'm guessing that stage 2 is going to be really hard in order to pare it down.  It's hard to tell how easy it is, cause sometimes the athletes just make it look easy. But seeing how some of the top athletes struggled with the city finals and then nailed this, yeah it seemed easy. It seemed like for the city runs they wanted less people to be finishers, not sure what the reasoning is with that, since there is a swet amount of people who qualify.  

I enjoyed it last night. Spoiler below (I forget how to do spoiler tags) so don't scroll down if you haven't yet watched

I know I said that I wasn't sure if Kacy should have been picked for a wild card, but I still felt super bad for her. And then she said something like maybe she wasn't good enough, which I don't think is true. She is an amazing athlete and super fun to watch.