EVE Online: Or Do I Need a Second Job?

I hate when this topic gets bumped.

I just want to pllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

I was wandering when you would show up :) Many many changes have been made since last you played. You know you want to try them out.

To be perfectly honest, here is how I am currently handling my new subscription. You can link your subscription to Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Month-Subscription-Online-Instant-Access/dp/B00GDHD3LW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1412959544&sr=8-1&keywords=eve+online . Rather than using a recurring sub, I am going one month at a time. I have to actively update my sub every month and if I don't have time, it goes away until I do. Yeah, my skill queue stops too :(, but this way I can let it fall off when need be without feeling obligated to log on and play. With that said, joining up with this new corp has so far been a blast. Ran several L4 missions last night with some corp buddies who helped me refit my cane due to past changes, the night before hopped into a standing PVP roaming fleet just to follow along to see how another corp in the alliance does things (I didn't participate just yet, only lurked on the fleet), and still learning about some of the changes since I last played myself.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I kinda wish I hadn't seen this thread.  But I did and now my account is reactivated...

Woohoo!!! What's your name in game?

On a side note, my total assets passed 2B ISK this weekend :) I know that isn't a lot of some, but it is for me. Also, this is according to the Eve Traders calculations.

• Like 1

*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Woohoo!!! What's your name in game?

On a side note, my total assets passed 2B ISK this weekend :) I know that isn't a lot of some, but it is for me. Also, this is according to the Eve Traders calculations.

I am Magnus Hjalmarson (which means great helmeted warrior), you?  I laughed for a solid 20 minutes when I lost my exploration ship to a gate camp an hour after I logged in again for the first time.  It was such a nice "welcome back" lol

• Like 2

Northlander -- Viking Wannabe

"It is no use saying 'we are doing our best'.  You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary." - Churchill

Challenges: 1/2/Current

Pushups - 141 of 1000

14%
14%

I am Magnus Hjalmarson (which means great helmeted warrior), you?  I laughed for a solid 20 minutes when I lost my exploration ship to a gate camp an hour after I logged in again for the first time.  It was such a nice "welcome back" lol

Sounds about right....welcome back!

I'm Nickolai Mantis

At least he's not a purple-helmeted warrior? ;):D

Heading out for EVE Vegas tomorrow morning! 

Insert witty & pithy saying here.

I love reading your guys stories. I have no idea what the verbiage means in most cases, but it's really fun to read and figure out the general gist through context. This game sounds so right up my alley if I had 40 hours a week to game again, but alas, it will be 18 years before that point at a mnimum.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I never could get past the infamous learning curve in EVE but at the risk of drawing all of your hate and disdain I will say here that I'm eagerly following the development of Star Citizen to satiate my desire to get back into something space sim. Killing Kerbals by the dozen is fun and all but one dreams a little bigger sometimes. 

• Like 1

Eat. Sleep. High bar squat. | Strength is a skill, refine it.
Follow my Weightlifting team's antics: Instagram | Facebook | Youtube
Looking for a strength program? Check out The Danger Method and remember to do your damn abs

I love reading your guys stories. I have no idea what the verbiage means in most cases, but it's really fun to read and figure out the general gist through context. This game sounds so right up my alley if I had 40 hours a week to game again, but alas, it will be 18 years before that point at a mnimum.

Sure you do....it's not like you're sleeping these days anyway, right? :)

In other news.....my alliance was just war dec'ed by a one man corp associated with CFC. Has all of us scratching our heads :)

I never could get past the infamous learning curve in EVE but at the risk of drawing all of your hate and disdain I will say here that I'm eagerly following the development of Star Citizen to satiate my desire to get back into something space sim. Killing Kerbals by the dozen is fun and all but one dreams a little bigger sometimes. 

It took me a solid second try to get past it, but now so much of it has become second nature. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still learning new things every day with this game. Looking forward to Star Citizen myself. Didn't get interested enough in time for the alpha or betas, but have a buddy that will pass me his credentials if I ever want to give it a try since he hasn't bothered to try it himself.

Sure you do....it's not like you're sleeping these days anyway, right? :)

She's been sleeping through the night for well over a month now.

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

She's been sleeping through the night for well over a month now.

Sorry, just went with the "baby in the house = no sleep" stereotype there. But hey....in that case....you have plenty of time on your hands :P

Sorry, just went with the "baby in the house = no sleep" stereotype there. But hey....in that case....you have plenty of time on your hands :tongue:

Pshh. I'm lucky if aI have 30 min of down time a night right now. I did just find some time to start playing my xbox a bit on the weekends, not sure how long that will last.

500 / 330 / 625

As regards Star Citizen: no hate here. I'm an AVID WC and Roberts fan, and I'm excited to see what he ends up doing with it. Thing is, even the online "MMO" part won't really actually be "massively" multiplayer, from what I understand. It'll be 16-ish person instanced stuff, sorta like how Destiny does things now (how many Towers are going at any given time? A: a lot).

EVE has its flaws, certainly, but it's got a lot of good to it to, and CCP is working hard at improving the gameplay (and making the Learning Cliff less steep), lots of new fun things were introduced at Vegas. For the skinny on that I'm doing write-ups of the Dev Roundtables I attended (still in-progress): http://carebearswithclaws.blogspot.com -- likewise my friend, fellow blogger, CSM member Sugar Kyle is doing same, though she attended a few diff roundtables from me: http://lowseclifestyle.blogspot.com

Big "force projection" nerf in the works to hopefully nerf the "blue donut", and "hotdrop o'clock" to at least a degree. Then there's T3 Destroyers making their way soon. Lots of good things coming for EVE... :-D

Hrugahdgo;ajdv;knlaksdf.....

Don't need to be seeing shit like this with the holidays coming up..

When you re-sub....just let me know your name and I'll look you up in game ;)

^^ Likewise. Rastaban is in my corp, I'd love to have more NFers to do nerdy things (like be in an RP-lite Mordu's Legion loyalist group) in-game with...

Yes, that IS EVE, if you get with a good group -- EVE is not really designed to be a fun "solo" adventure, it's all about the players and player-interactions that really drive the game. Staying solo is a surefire way to boredom, "meh", and unsub.

Have any of you EVEers checked out Elite: Dangerous yet? It's what I hope EVE: Valkrie will become. Plus it is compatible with oculus.

Only watched some videos and read a bit. I want to try it, but there's something about it that doesn't fully appeal to me.

I've checked out Elite. I'm currently waiting on a new badassness comp (due in Tuesday!) that'll run multiple EVE clients at max settings (970 GPU ftw!)... at that point I may investigate Elite.

The "instanced" way of doing things though...meh. I got into Destiny on the idea of "MMO-FPS", only to find that it's really just an "always-online" FPS, with the typical 16-person-per-instance limit common in multiplayer FPS, with virtually no real MMO aspects. :-/

I may look into Wildstar too, that looks interesting as well.

Anybody interested in giving EVE a try, say hi in PM here or if you're already on a trial/sub, same name spelled the same way in EVE. :-)