get good, get fit. make the heart adapt.

Okay so I am starting very small, I talk to the physical therapist next week to see what they say.  

Here is what I have started so far.

Walking: 

16 minutes

Free write:

5 minutes: no topic picked, just went with write.

Towards middle of walk, area around ICD started hurting a little, last  stretch shoulder started to hurt and last few houses had to mentally tell myself to put on foot in front of the other and make sure I keep balance, was out of breath when I went into the house.  One of the doctors said that I should start walking at least 30 minutes to get it so my legs don't hurt, and then longer, I think that I am going to have to build up to that 30 minutes if the 15 is giving me trouble without stopping.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Today was a lot better.

Woke up at 7 and took Zoe for a 15 minute walk.

Free-write for 5 minutes.

Met friend for Chai Tea Latte at Starbucks and discussed blog and some writings.

Slept for 3 hours.

Bought starter solenoid for truck and looked up reasons why it won't start, battery is now on the charger.

Saved article I wrote for a blog in February to drafts.

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

oh, I forgot, I also got my monitor thing set up, so it tells the doctors what my ICD is doing.  

Monday I go in and talk to the Physical Therapy people and see what the doctors told them I can/can't do.

Today:

turned off alarm at 7, slept till 1030 :sleeping

But on the positive note with that I still went to sleep before midnight, so that was good.

Take Zoe on 15 minute walk:  20:42

I went over on the time and still felt good after, helped my dad haul some tree limbs to the back yard.

5 minute free-write:  well, I need to work on finding something to write about, it became more of a what I did and am planning to do with the truck.

:moon: Tonight I am going cat-fishing, so I will not have an alarm to wake me up at 7am, hopefully I will be catching another fish around that time.

Wak Zoe for 15 minutes:  0

write for 5 minutes :         √

I caught a fish this morning, but it was rather small, so I threw it back.

Last night I went to bed at 3? not sure if it was mountain or pacific time (Idaho/Oregon) and woke up between 630 and 7 in the passenger seat of my car.  Got home sometime around noon today, took a shower and went to bed for another 4 hours, since then have not had much luck with my legs feeling better, they have been hurting me all day, and I have been having the balance problem again to.  I decided based on those two things it would be best if I did not attempt to take Zoe on a walk because 

A: I can't make it more than 20 feet without holding onto something

B: Zoe is a Border Collie, she can't hold up my 6'3" 300 pound frame if I start to fall.

So today is a day I don't get to put a red X on the hardhat challenge  :hopelessness:

Sunday 9/8

Walk Zoe for 15 minutes: 

I went into town and could not take Zoe with me since I was staying at my cousins house.

took walk on "nature trail" with my friend and her daughter, took a few breaks on the walk, over 30 minutes total.

Wrote for 10+ minutes before I left.

Monday 9/9

Walk Zoe for 15 minutes: √

Write 5 minutes:               √

Stayed in town Sunday night, Monday morning stopped and got a Chai Tea w/ almond  milk and went into talk to the Physical Therapist at the VA.   She had me do a bike thing for ten minutes with no resistance, my BP was high when I went in, and did not change much.  I asked her about an limitations and she said that it is all dependent on what my body allows me to do.  So at this time I do not have any specific limitations according to the doctors here.  I am going to continue to check with others areas as far as what I should and should not be doing.  As far as I know SL is still a no go for me, but if possible I would really like to get on it again, that was the only program I have been able to sustain for a month straight pre-heart issue.

Write for 5 minutes:         √

installed MapMyWalk on my droid again, it said I went .51 miles with a pace of a little less than 2 mph, so hopefully that will come back up to my old average of 3-4 sometime.

Write for 5 minutes:          âˆš

Got up at 7:15 this morning and made breakfast after walk and write.

Went to meet someone for coffee at 10am, Google doesn't have the new address so I walked .3 miles to get to the right place, had a Chai Latte. Then drove home and slept for 3 hours. now me knee is buckling on me again while I walk today. :(

Walk Zoe for 15 minutes:  Umm, same walk as two previous days, got back at 13:30 , So I need to start walking further  :positive:

Write for 5 minutes: √     Writing more too. So far I have 1,128 words, just taking a short break to write this.

today I took a couple of naps, and was still tired most of the the rest of the day.

Oh, I sent an email to Medhi with StrongLifts and asked if he or anyone he knew of in the 'inner circle' (as I remember it being called) has known of issues with HCM, and if I can go back to doing the ST program, since I haven't had anything said as far as yes or no from the doctors here.

Walk Zoe: √

I went a little further today, went .69 miles, made it back in 18:01 from start to stop on MapMyWalk

Write:  âˆš

Tonight I am planning on going to a hot springs with a friend to relax a bit, so will probably use my app to see how far I walk then too.

Still haven't heard back from Mehdi  :(

So it is looking like becoming more of a Druid, even thought my heart is set on Ninja-Assassin-Warrior Ranger.  

Maybe I could start actually paying attention to medical stuff and help other people with my condition.  (I don't like seeing people in pain, and that is the primary reason I didn't go into physical therapy like so many people told me I should do.)

9/14

went for 19 minutes, made it .81 miles  :panda:

Write: √

9/15

Went .86 miles this morning, a little tough, felt it in the legs afterwards, had to do some deep breathing during the walk to keep going.  but overall it went well.

Today:

Walk Zoe 15 minutes: √

Barely, after late afternoon nap went for .51 mile walk, chest pain during half of walk, used deep breathing again to make it home.

Almost forgot.

Today I went and filled out the rest of the paperwork for a new job, took my drug test, and got everything set to start work.  Was up from about 7 until I stopped at a friends house around 10 and slept on his couch until noon.  Went down to the DAV and checked on some paperwork their, got home between 3 and 4 pm, then slept till 7:15.  Took Zoe for a walk and I think that is about as productive as today is going to be.  (And I think I am supposed to start training at the new job soon)

write 5 minutes: √

walked .91 miles according to map my walk, then back and forth a few times to help get the fence up, hopefully Zoe doesn't figure out how to ump a 6 foot fence when its all done (she is a border collie and currently likes to jump the 4 foot chain link fence and come look for me if I go in the house or have to leave and she doesn't see me.)

Yesterday:

1.03 miles

Write:√

Felt good after the walk, went to my to get my ICD adjusted, it has alerted 3 times of a high heart rate, and they want it to alert at a lower rate, so I have asked in Gear Questions, Recommendations and Reviews about a heart rate monitor, I want to build up doing things but if I have it in an alert level two long it could shock me, and that wouldn't be good.  so I have to keep an eye on that.

After coming out of my appointment, I parked .15 miles from the entrance since the handicap parking was all used my knee started feeling like it was buckling on consecutive steps, normally its a few steps in between when it gets bad.  this time it was every step for 10 steps and I would have to really concentrate on it to walk straight.

After the appointment I stopped by a friends and visited for a while, she has lost a lot of wights and is feeling really good, I told her a little about the site again, how I think she should up her calories (1200) and look into a little strength training to help with it all.  right now she said she is almost to her goal weight, and after that maybe she will look into other stuff.

Today:

Walk Zoe:  âˆš

My dad went with us, we went just under a mile from the front of the house, so by the time I got Zoe's leash put away it was a mile.  Was a little harder than normal because he can maintain a quicker pace than I can for a lot longer.

Succeeded again, 13th complete five minute write, this one I added to after the 5 minutes were up.

September 20:

Made it one mile again:)

September 21

Walk Zoe: √   Walked 1.23 miles according to mapmywalk

Today:

I went to church, left before the sermon started because I was getting tired, ate at panda express to get energy back up and then went to JC Penney's to look for a shirt for my sisters wedding, then went to Macy's and got got a vest and another shirt, my mother said the vest is to small, but I like it so I will keep it for now, unless of course it becomes to big, then I will donate it. 

says 1.17 fro today

Start through first day at new job: √

First time working since November, wanted a nap halfway through the training, but I made it the entire day  :nevreness:

Only went .63 miles today, started having chest pane about half way through walk

Might have to try and build up the walk again,  woke up in the middle of the night with chest/arm pains and what felt like rapid heart beat.  So I am going to have to cut back on my again, still trying to get in 15 minutes, just a slower pace.

Walk: √

Write: _0_

Yesterday I skipped the walk, I wasn't feeling it, and subsequently did not do a short write either.

So on both I failed miserably, Today no walk, I will try to regain my composure and get it started again, slow start as before, not sure I can get in a full 15 minutes without issues for a few days.

Adapt, write tomorrow since I skipped yesterday and today, work up to where I can start walking again without feeling like my knee is caving.  And find out why that started happening, so I can try to fix it, maybe just get a cane?

Breakfast: 4 eggs, sausage.

Lunch: chicken salad

dinner: double chicken salad

Walk: fifteen minutes, went for half mile today, .4 miles yesterday (same breakfast yesterday.

Haven't started writing again yet.

Walked Zoe for .61 miles today :D

Breakfast was a little different tasting:

Mixed eggs with some different spices and put lime juice on them, a little to much lime, not enough other flavor I think.  I want to try some ground cilantro on them once I get some, trying to change it up a little from Northeast African Scrambled Eggs. When I tried the Middle East Seasoning Mix it didn't turn out so well (I used lemon juice, it had a good till date of . . . it may have been 2012, so I threw it away afterwards.

I am thinking about trying to write up a schedule for next week, that way I don't get as sidetracked on the little nuances of ...

squirrel...

and not feel like I accomplish anything.

Today was good.

Walk was .9 miles

Breakfast was the usual 4 eggs, this time I used coriander and garlic, wait, no I had Northeast African scrambled eggs, for lunch I used the coriander and garlic on chicken cooked in grape-seed oil and then dumped it on my dole 50/50 mixed salad.  

I started today at about 7 am, and have been fairly productive, haven't had a nap yet, tomorrow we are going to Disney on Ice so I need to be sure to get a nap in before we leave for that.

Today wasn't all that good. 

Walked .63 miles today with my mom, Zoe was happy that we went a little faster than normal.

After I came home I made ad RVL shake with a banana and some blackberries.

After that I took a nap for a few hours and tonight we went to Disney on Ice with my my parents and the kids.

It was fun, I enjoyed it, but this whole day has been very tiring for me and I want to be able to do stuff without being so tired all the time.  

Looks like it going to be going back to hitting the books to find out what I can do, Oh, and my nap was ended by a call from the VA, they are going to give me a stress test thing.  I think it is going to be on basically a recumbent bike because they don't really want me to pass out or something like that on the treadmill.  We will see how it all works out for me.