What novel(s) do you read over and over?

Mine is The Art of Racing in the Rain. That book is so touching and amazing. Seeing the lives of the family through the eyes of Enzo their dog, and nobody ever truly knowing how smart, loving, and understanding Enzo is. How he wants to tell Denny about his wife's tumor, how bad He wants to be human, how he is human on the inside.

I could go on and on but don't wanna give to much away. Amazing, touching novel.ðŸ‘

• Like 1

"Limits like fears are often just an illusion†— Micheal Jordan

To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary" Bruce Lee

"The key to success is failure" <p> Micheal Jordan

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39666-superman116-quest-for-wellness/

There are a few:

Ender's Game- read 4-5 times

Lord of the Rings series- read 4 times

Song of Ice and Fire- reread the entire series each time a new book comes out, so more time the earlier the book is in the series

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Kushiel's Legacy, a 9 book series by Jacqueline Carey   It's awesome, intelligent fantasy alternative history with steamy sex scenes thrown in.  What's not to love?   :playful:

I've read the LOTR trilogy a bunch of times over the years. I find I speak more eloquently when I've been reading those.

I also love Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.. so many layers there, it's worth re-reading.  Same with the Frank L. Baum Wizard of Oz books.  A lot of the stories I love most are considered children's literature.  Not a novel but I love Hans Christian Anderson's faery tale stories and could read them over and over.   

• Like 1

• Faery Ranger   :onthego:

Endymion/Rise of Endymion from the Hyperion Cantos series by Dan Simon.  So good!

Also I was the exact age of Harry Potter when each book came out (back in the beginning when one came out each year) so I reread all the previous books right before the next one came out.  Man that seems like forever ago now.  

I've also read Speaker for the Dead (second book in the Ender series) about 4 times.  It's my favorite from the series.

And A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood I've read a few times for pleasure and then for school.  

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones that really stick out in my head.

I would have to say the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.   I love the world he created with that series of books.  It also has a lot of characters form his other books show up in this series.  Very interesting, engaging, and a must read IMO.

TLOU

Ellie "I thought there was tons of food back then." Joel "There was." Ellie "Then why is she so skinny?" Joel "Some people chose not to eat." Ellie "Why?" Joel "For looks."  Ellie "That's stupid."

I'm with Random Chick, most of my all time favorites are from children's lit, including the Harry Potter series, Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, and the Enchanted Forest Chronicles. 

My all-time favorite author is Robin McKinley, and I reread most of her books every couple years. My copy of the Blue Sword is falling apart, it has been so well-loved :)

I've only read through the Ender's Game series (and I think there's a couple later ones I haven't got to yet) once, but I should really go back - they are some of the best written, most intelligent books I've ever read, for sure. 

• Like 1

Race: Wood Elf

Level 20

Class: Ranger

Strength: 45 | Dexterity: 15 | Stamina: 44 | Constitution: 29 | Wisdom: 35 | Charisma: 28

BATTLE LOG   EPIC QUEST  CHALLENGE

Wow some if these books that I haven't already read sound great. I think I'm going to be taking a trip to the library or maybe to my kindle store :)

"Limits like fears are often just an illusion†— Micheal Jordan

To me, defeat in anything is merely temporary" Bruce Lee

"The key to success is failure" <p> Micheal Jordan

http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/39666-superman116-quest-for-wellness/

There are a few for me.

Basically anything written by Robin Mckinley, and I'm glad to see a fellow fan in Fonzico!

Ender's Game, like so many of you here.

Snow Crash, by Neal Stephenson. I really would like to read other Stephenson books, and I own most of them, but every time that I think to pick up another one, I end up rereading Snow Crash instead.

Lastly is my favorite book of all: Everything is Illuminated by Johnathan Safran Foer. Even though it is my favorite, I end up reading this book far less often than the other books on my list because it always evokes a very emotional reaction from me, and it takes a good deal of fortitude for me to reread it each time. I'm sort of a literary theory geek, so everything that this book has to say about language and communication and art speaks to my soul and everything that I love. I also love how light it starts, and them how, by the end, you get that deep empty pit in your stomach that signifies that you've read an amazing book.

anything by stephen king, harry potter, and a spot of bother by mark haddon are the ones i can't seem to escape! misery by stephen king is probably the book i've read the most times, must be nearly double figures now!

level 1 half-elf (half-hobbit) adventurer.

(wannabe ranger).

full time awesome.

str 3 . dex 2 . sta 0 . con 2 . wis 0 . cha 1
challenges: 1 

Lord of the Rings is a series that I genuinely enjoy reading over and over. I read the series, probably about once a year, around Christmas. After which I of course go watch all the films. I also tend to go back to reading Harry Potter, and have now read the series all through probably 6 times or more. Some of the books definitely more. I read the first HP book when I was 9-10, and the last when I was 16, so it's a story that really grew with me during my childhood and teenage years.

Last but definitely not least, one of my very favourite books ever, is a children's book; Kingdom by the Sea, written by Robert Westall.

Chubby Half Elf - Adventurer

Level 0

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Challenge 1 | 2 | 3

I would have to say the Dark Tower series by Stephen King.   I love the world he created with that series of books.  It also has a lot of characters form his other books show up in this series.  Very interesting, engaging, and a must read IMO.

Me too. I've read the whole series maybe 3 times now. Also, 'The Stand' by Stephen King a number of times, along with 'Rose Madder' maybe 4 times. Not 'Pet Semsatary' though.... that book creeped me out in an horrible way.

Warrior Princess
Eating Psychology Coach

Adventure's Guild Challenge winner: Challenge #24

â•‘ Live the Whole  â•‘ Bucket List â•‘Level up my Lifeâ•‘ 

"Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Every day you're alive is a special occasion."

For me its "Kafka on the shore" by Haruki Murakami, "Neverwhere" by Neil Gaiman, " Thief of Time" by Terry Pratchett ( am I really the only Discworld fan in this threat?), and when i'm in the mood for an easy to read thriller without much emotional depth i like to read the Pendergast series by Preston & Child

• Like 3

Endomondo                Battle Log                  Current Challenge

I'm going to write the original title (in Spanish): La voluntad (by Antonio Azorín). I've read it every year since 2006.

I've also read a couple of times Ulysses (by James Joyce) and some Lovecraft's stories.

Human: Ranger

5 STR | 3 DEX | 5 STA | 4 CON | 2 WIS | 3 CHA

Current challenge: keep it simple

battle log | epic quest

Last challenges: ΜΟΛΩΠΛΑΒΕ | prepare to a half-marathon

MEMENTO MORI

The Green Rider series and The Hobbit mainly. I also read Lotr every now and then and Rick Riordan :D

Hobbit Assassin Recruit

Level 0

Str: 0     Dex: 0     Sta: 0     Con: 0     Wis: 0     Cha: 0

“Though she may be but little, she is fierce!†
― Helena, Midsummer Night's Dream, Shakespeare

Challenge Page | Soon to be Bucket list page

Howard Shore is my homeboy

I try to read The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit once a year and the Silmarillion every other year. I also really enjoy the Star Wars Thrawn trilogy by Timothy Zahn.

• Like 1

Level 3 Bearded Assassin

Str: 10     Dex: 9     Sta: 6     Con: 7     Wis: 4     Cha: 3

Current Challenge: Respawn    Past Challenges: 1 2 3

Daily Battle Log   Album

"I'm not losing weight. I'm getting rid of it. I have no intention of ever finding it again."

Mine is The Art of Racing in the Rain. That book is so touching and amazing. Seeing the lives of the family through the eyes of Enzo their dog, and nobody ever truly knowing how smart, loving, and understanding Enzo is. How he wants to tell Denny about his wife's tumor, how bad He wants to be human, how he is human on the inside.

I could go on and on but don't wanna give to much away. Amazing, touching novel.

That novel was amazing. I have two dogs and my husband is a racing FANATIC, so I was drawn in immediately.

I couldn't put it down.

Jessi

A work in progress. Daily trying to chisel out the best version of myself.