What novel(s) do you read over and over?

I regularly reread every Terry Pratchett book it's something that I do besides my other reads, but from these I have to underline "Nation", "Thief of Time" and "Going postal".

I also read on a regular basis:

Anna Seghers - The Seventh Cross

J.K. Rowling - Harry Potter Series

Jean Craighead George - Julie of the Wolves

Dmitry Glukhovsky - Metro 2033

(and I'm sure I will add more "survival style books" to that list)

• Like 2

My NF-Character: https://www.nerdfitness.com/character/58102

Introduction Or How I started, Challenges: 1 ; 2 ; 3 ; 4 ; 5 ; 6 ; 7 ; RESPAWN  ; 8 ;

Member of the League of Epicness, Hellfire Club!

...would like to be a Nac Mac Feggle ;)

I've re-read the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan/Brandon Sanderson many times by always starting the series over when a new book was released. Now that it's over I'll probably re-read it every decade or so.

I love going back to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, I think I've read it all 4-5 times now.

The Gaunt's Ghosts series by Dan Abnett is getting a thorough re-read at the moment, this is number 3 for me.

I have reread the following novels many times:

LOTR - JRR Tolkien

Dune - Frank Herbert

Mists of Avalon - Marion Zimmer Bradley

Firebrand - MZB (this one is about the Trojan war, and is in part responsible for my starting an MA in Classical Studies this year!)

Most Agatha Christie detective novels

Sherlock Holmes stories - Arthur Conan Doyle

Terry Pratchet Discworld series, especially the witches

Graphic novel series:

Sandman  - Neil Gaiman

Promethea - Alan Moore (a dense compendium of Western occultism)

More recently, I've reread Inferno by Dan Brown, not because of the plot/characters, but because of its setting in one of my favourite cities, Florence! :D 

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

The Transmetropolitan series is one very favorite graphic novel series, followed closely by Bone. Every few years I'll re-read Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Pride and Prejudice, and The Lords of Discipline.

But most read of all time? The Harry Potter books, hands down. I grew up with those characters and I cherish my battered first three books, broken bindings, missing dustcover, hot sauce stains, and all.

I have read The Catcher in the Rye twice, The Bell Jar twice, Slaughterhouse-Five twice, Lord of the Flies five times (I'm a high school teacher), Catch-22 twice, and the Watchmen three times. I'm sure there are more, but those come to mind.

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

I re-read Connie Willis' To Say Nothing of the Dog about once every two years or so.

Probably doesn't count, but there's also a particular chapter near the end of Jim Butcher's Skin Game that I'll re-read if I'm having a crappy day.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

I cannot tell you how many times I have read The Last Days of Summer by Steve Kluger now, but it's been several times.  I'm also a huge Harry Potter nerd, so I'm always re-reading one of those, if not more than one.  Lately I've been doing my first (but I seriously doubt my last) re-read of the Alex Rider books in preparation for the release of the next one coming out this summer.  I've always been re-reading the Wayward Pines novels lately.  I love all of the above. :-)

I have about 4 major re-reads that I cycle through every year or so
- Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Prachett

- The Warlord Chronicles by Bernard Cornwell

- The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling (occasionally swapped out for the Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer)

- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

There are maybe a half dozen others that have a few repeat reads, but those are the mainstays

Blog: https://seekingcassandra.blogspot.com/

Current Challenge:  SeekingCassandra is planning a comeback

Previous Challenge:

"One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool. And they may be right."

The 10th Kingdom by Kathryn Wesley

It's an epic modern fairy tale about a girl and her father, both native New Yorkers, who are transported to the 9 Kingdoms where classic fairy tale characters live. On their journey to find a way home they encounter the Evil Queen, a Prince who's been turned into a dog, trolls and the nasty Huntsman. They're helped by half-wolf hero-in-training Wolf. 

It was first a TV miniseries that aired on NBC n 2000. This is the book version. 

I read it at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. I've read it so often that my original copy is shredded!

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

22 minutes ago, elinox said:

The 10th Kingdom by Kathryn Wesley

It's an epic modern fairy tale about a girl and her father, both native New Yorkers, who are transported to the 9 Kingdoms where classic fairy tale characters live. On their journey to find a way home they encounter the Evil Queen, a Prince who's been turned into a dog, trolls and the nasty Huntsman. They're helped by half-wolf hero-in-training Wolf. 

It was first a TV miniseries that aired on NBC n 2000. This is the book version. 

I read it at least once a year, sometimes twice a year. I've read it so often that my original copy is shredded!

OMG! Looooved that mini-series! <3 Wolf! Didn't realize there was a book version! Is it better or worse then the show?

• Like 1

Blog: https://seekingcassandra.blogspot.com/

Current Challenge:  SeekingCassandra is planning a comeback

Previous Challenge:

"One day, they may write about me as a traitor, a madwoman, a fool. And they may be right."

Just now, SeekingCassandra said:

OMG! Looooved that mini-series! <3 Wolf! Didn't realize there was a book version! Is it better or worse then the show?

It's almost identical. It's basically the screen play that Simon Moore wrote in book format. Only readers who've read it hundreds of times (like me!)  or seen the miniseries enough would notice the slight, minor differences. (Like the song Virginia sings in the book is Rod Stewart's "Sailing" rather than Queen's "We Will Rock You".)

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I'm a big Bret Easton Ellis fan, and I routinely re-read most of his work. I'm halfway through my third reading of American Psycho. So good. So awful.

I go through a few other books I'm fond of every couple years. I think the one I've gone through the most is my old childhood favorite: Catherine, Called Birdy. I need to get a new copy soon. Mine's almost in tatters from all the years and readings.

Questing!

Current / 1