Nerd Fitness Weekly Trivia Bowl #NFtrivia - Next Trivia July 6th

Panicked a little when i saw Jan 26th - im not free that day - before i remembered im in the future. Heh. Your 26th is my 27th, and thats all good :D

Writing the questions now, some are a bit... weird. :P

• Like 1

"If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment"

- Marcus Aurelius

This is amazing!! I absolutely love trivia, but unfortunately I love sleep more - this happens at 4AM in my time zone :( :(

If anyone from Europe / Africa / Middle East is down for some time-zone appropriate trivia, count me in! :D

Assassin Applicant (Level 0)

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Captain's Battle Log

WANTED: WhatsApp Accountabilibuddy - Message me if you're interested!

If we can get more people who want a secondary time zone appropriate trivia going, we can definitely schedule it. We just need to make sure it doesn't cross over any current NF Trivia plans.

In fact, Mars, what do you think about making a google calendar for this? We need to make sure we know who is doing when. :)

I think this is a great idea, not only for people in different times zones but also for people who may not be able to make it on Sunday nights. Be sure to post the link once the google calendar is up and running!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."

If we can get more people who want a secondary time zone appropriate trivia going, we can definitely schedule it.

Me!

(sent by the phone. .. all mistakes are the phones fault)

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Tips for Playing Trivia by Loren Wade

• Use a dedicated IRC Client.
    • ​Like NF Chat (which is embeded webchat), or Kiwi.
    • An actual program like mIRC for Windows or Colloquy for mac.
    • Do not use a bouncer.
      • This includes IRC Cloud.
      • Why not? Because it will take longer for your message to reach the host's window
  • Guess a lot.
    • As the rules stand there are no penalties for guessing.
    • As such, I have won a question (after the topic was announced) before the question was asked. TURKEY!
  • Use google.
    • When google is allowed, take that whole damn question and google it as fast as you can. Most of the time, the first result is your answer.
    • If google is not allowed, obviously don't do this.
  • #NFtrivia now has a dedicated bot thanks to NordicBots (^Gandalf^).
    • He has functions we can use like NF chat... and a few others that could prove useful to use. I'll roll these out as they become necessary.
    • He will log all messages in chat and all statistics. Just ask "logs?" or "stats?" and it will provide you the links.

I think this is a great idea, not only for people in different times zones but also for people who may not be able to make it on Sunday nights. Be sure to post the link once the google calendar is up and running!

Yay!! This makes me very happy. Whatever help is needed to make this a reality, let me know.

In the meantime I will keep an eye out for the Google Calendar.

Assassin Applicant (Level 0)

STR: 0 | DEX: 0 | STA: 0 | CON: 0 | WIS: 0 | CHA: 0

Captain's Battle Log

WANTED: WhatsApp Accountabilibuddy - Message me if you're interested!

Anyone have a problem with getting rid of the spelling rule? I know that there have been several times that I've gotten an answer right bc the person who answered before me spelled it wrong. Can we get a vote on getting rid of it? Or marking with the category on a question by question basis "correct spelling required"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known."