A journey begins with a single step - or lunge

Yesterday i finally started my rebellion.

I have a gym membership so i started with a 1km warm up on the cross trainer (7 mins)

then i stretched and moved onto my first BBWW

for some weird reasons i can't do squats to save myself but i can do them fine as a kettlebell lift so started with 20 of those. felt good.

i can't do press ups either but my trainer i had late last year showed me a way of doing them using a swiss ball. get the smallest one and lie on it with your thighs resting on it, then do press ups from there. great.

lunges, oh dear god the lunges.

i did 14 then had to stop as pulled a muscle in my leg.

continued on with the dumbbell rows, plank and only 20 jumping jacks as i was knackered already!

i tried everything i could to stretch out my leg but no luck. i could continue fine with another round of squats, press ups, dumbbell rows, plank then that was me.

today well i can tell i did some good, as i can't walk properly and am having trouble getting up and down off seats.

i'm about to head back for todays interval training on the treadmill and searching the internet for a way to stretch this damn muscle.

not quads or groin from what i can tell. but somewhere inbetween.

• Like 1

Race: Dwarf. Class: Warrior. Level: 4 STR: 9 DEX: 4 STA: 5 CON: 7 WIS: 8 CHA: 2

Daily Quest Battle Log

Challenge 1: BBWW will be my bitch Browncoat

Challenge 2: Calling in the Cavalry Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 3: K.I.S.S. Knights of the GSPC

Challenge 4: Back in Black  C25K & Zombies, Run! Champions

Challenge 5: It's my Strong Hand

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

Awesome start, Puma! For me, one of the best parts of working out is when you find a new workout that just feels so difficult and then, suddenly, one day it isn't! You can totally see that stat (sorry, totally thinking about fitness in videogame terms) increased! It's a mini level-up!

Race: Half Orc/Elf. Class: Assassin. Level: 3 STR: 7 DEX: 9 STA: 4 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: Tommy Khaos VS Gravity!

Oh hey I recognize that workout. Why must lunges be so hard? I've thought about this for over 4... 5 weeks now. I didn't have any issues with the squats, but I almost fell over doing them lunges. They're still difficult for me honestly. The only thing I've found that helps is basing my movement speeds to the tempo of music. Oh, hi by the way :3

°~°

°¬° 

i don't know why lunges are so hard kan. 4 days into it and i'm still having trouble walking from the pain in my hammies.

tommy i totally know what you mean about the stat increasing. i'll be levelling up in no time hopefully then will be putting my skill points into areas of awesomeness.

so yeah day 4 today. a bit behind in the updates.

yesterday did the BBWW again. lunges were very hard but i did a full circuit, then a second minus the lunges and jumping jacks. so about the same as day 1. hopefully by week two it will start getting easier.

today was a 30 min walk on the treadmill with varying inclines - no interval training sadly as my legs and knees didn't feel up to it.

learning very quickly how important it is to stretch before and after (after was something i didn't do before)

even stretching in the morning after i wake up as legs are a little stiff

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

"So that's everything huh. no weapons, no friends, no hope. take all that away and what's left?

Me"

new years day here, it's a BBWW day and the gym is closed, thankfully it's something i can do from home!! though we have nothing here to substitute for dumbbells. oh well.

about to go for a walk in the sun as a warm up.

i will be starting my first challenge on monday too, you can find it here if you're interested http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/41794-pumazealys-first-challenge-making-bbww-my-bitch/

here's to an awesome start to 2014 and my rebellion to be a better me :D

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

ok well in typical kiwi weather issues was beautiful and fine this morning, now pelting with rain :(

so no nice long walk in the sun, or rain

did a warm up session with the old boxing gloves, some sparring getting smacked in the face cos my boyfriend punches the pads a bit hard

BBWW went a bit better today - slower though as my technique was fixed on almost everything, but thats ok i need to do it right

20 x crunches

10 push ups

20 x lunges

15 sec plank

20 up and downs on the two back stairs (star jumps made me nervous for the tv falling down)

next set same again but only 15 up and downs on the two back stairs

then finished with another 20 crunches.

i'm proud that i stopped playing video games long enough to do this today, it's a holiday and i'm lazy so i could've easily skipped it.

now back to lord of the rings war in the north!

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

day 6 - wow i haven't done 6 straight days working out in a very long time

usually in two or three day segments

cardio today

10 mins on the bike, i use a bike at the gym that has the pedels out in front of you. that was 4K which felt pretty awesome

then 20 mins on the treadmill. i did interval training and ran a minute 3 times. which is about my average. the most i can do is 5 so thats something to work to maybe in a future challenge.

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Friday is my day of rest. But i had to drop the car off for a WoF and while it wasn't raining i thought i'd walk back home

I did 3.96KM in 49.28 minutes. Thanks Endomondo for tracking that.

Was going to walk back again but sadly it's pouring again.

Oh well a good rest day regardless

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Wahoo Saturday again! I started this crazy journey one week ago and already feel better for it.

Starting talking about paleo and diet changes in the house now and other half has signed up to do his first challenge.

Recumbent cycles sounds familiat Kan so that must be it. They are much better for my back, and well my butt too. i can't sit on the others for too long.

Today was BBWW once again.

10 min warm up on cross trainer

a full circuit of BBWW and another minus the star jumps.

squats and lunges are getting easier, slowing lowing form during second circuit still but hey it's only been a week!

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Day 9 today, cardio day

still going with the 10 mins on a recumbent cycle - but smashing the 10K in 9 mins 30 sec

another 20 mins on treadmill. for two of my interval runs i changed the speed up a bit from previously. so slowly making improvements here.

tomorrow starts my first challenge so not sure how often i will post on here as it will duplicate - the link for my challenge is in my signature if you want to follow that.

Also looking at switching to paleo diet over the next few weeks. Boyfriend just signed up too and is very interested in doing it.

I was hesitant at first as many of my loves are processed food and bread/pasta/cheese/rice and don't eat red meat, chicken, seafood. But i love veges and fruit, can still eat bacon and sausages if they're not processed so things aren't looking too bad.

The more websites and recipes i look at the more excited i get. Time will be an issue as it will take a lot of plan out meals and cook them - but i think it would be a very beneficial change. Cutting out soda, energy drinks (so hard!), coffee etc will be good too. I love water anyways.

The fridge will look very different soon.

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Cutting out the caffienated beverages can definitely be a huge benefit disguised as a massive obstacle. Stay strong! And good luck switching to the paleo diet! I also love the grains group so I'm keeping them but have decided to try cutting down a bit on meat and increase nuts and veggies. I'm also attempting to eat enough calories to gain weight during this challenge, though, so cutting the grains down should help a lot if you're going for weight loss.

Race: Half Orc/Elf. Class: Assassin. Level: 3 STR: 7 DEX: 9 STA: 4 CON: 5 WIS: 5 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: Tommy Khaos VS Gravity!

Hey to help cut out those drinks you mentioned you could consider herbal teas. I love spearmint tea. No caffeine, but the minty coolness will help wake you up and clear the mind. The teas are naturally occurring, but I can't be certain that they're Paleo.

°~°

°¬° 

i'm looking to lose a lot of weight Tommy so hoping that cleaning up my diet this much will really help.

Kan i looked up herbal tea and that is Paleo. I usually drink green tea so i'm happy i can keep doing that.

Today i had zero fizzy, zero energy, zero coffee. Had a juice with dinner but it was one with no additives or added sugar. Other than that it was water all day.

Day one of my challenge went well too.

• Like 3

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

Hah sweet. I really have had a good experience with teas. Some are trickier than others, but it's worth trying them all. I'm not so big on the fruit teas I think. I've only tried blueberry thus far. Glad to see cutting the sodas out of your life isn't too hard. I think they're really the worst out of the three.

°~°

°¬° 

today marks my two week anniversary of starting with nerd fitness.

i'm 6 days into my first challenge, 6 days into drinking nothing but water, green tea and fruit juice.

today is also the day i start making my meals paleo too. won't be 100% as it's hard to get some stuff here but will be as gluton free, dairy free, grain free and well crap free as i can get it :D

that means massive changes since i'm processed food girl but i'm up for the challenge and really enjoying the new changes nerd fitness has brought into my life.

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

You are doing great!  The diet change will totally be worth it, there is a very good chance you will be amazed at how much more energy you have available running on real food rather than the processed stuff.  Keep it up!

i hope you are right, at the moment i'm pretty tired but i guess that's just my body trying to get used to the change - that and cooking for 3 hours this afternoon :D

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"

week one of my challenge went really awesome!

slowly kicking BBWW in the butt, paleo switch has been awesome but feeling a little run down of late. must be the lack of sugar and what i hear referred to as the carb flu.

really looking past the first challenge at the moment and my journey to becomming a monk. checking out all the martial arts classes around where i live and seeing what i can afford and what i can fit in time wise.

many great things to come and derby starts back in three short weeks woo!!

• Like 1

Daily Quest Battle Log

Me"