Before I am 50:

July 7, 2019

I would love to

- See Pearl Jam live in concert from floor or back stage

- Go surfing with son

- Spend three weeks in Italy painting, looking at art and eating

- Have my artwork in a Chicago, LA or NYC gallery

- Travel to Scotland with husband and friends; go to Glasgow, Little Sparta garden, and Fringe Music Fest

- Get my MFA

- Hike up Half Dome

- Have a big 50th Birthday weekend in Chicago with friends (July 7, 2019 will be a Sunday so a whole weekend just makes sense!)

(Work in progress)

• Like 3

Update 2015

I have seen PearlJam twice but with bad seats so I may need to save up to afford better seats. 

I did a paddle board camp with my son, still not quite surfing... getting closer. :)

The friends I wanted to go with to Scotland are now divorced :(

I still would like to go with my husband. :)

I may be going to Italy in 2016 with students on a touristy trip... I want a bit different experience.. at least I am getting closer. Venice is one of the locations which I am excited about. :)

I am looking at some on-line courses in nutrition and life coaching... it might be another direction I want to go with my life instead of the MFA. :)

I am doing some traveling with my friend and her children and as they get older we can take longer trips... Half Dome is one on both our list. :)

50th Birthday - my cousins are trying to talk me into a different city for my 50th....Paris. Chicago is a tough sell to my husband, Paris would be very difficult.

I love to travel with a purpose; a project, training, classes, an internship, something that requires me to do something.

I am thinking I want more exciting and interesting goals!

Other related things I wrote in September:

If i could do anything and be guaranteed success

- be an International artist working all around the world, Florence, Nice, Venice, Edinbough, Chicago, etc...
- I would still be a teacher of some sort. I really enjoy teaching.
- I would be a published author, poetry & non-fiction
- I would be a healer of the disabled or depressed or wounded.
- I would play a variety of musical instruments and sing. I would perform.
- I would get a doctorate of natural medicine and neurology brain science and creativity, positive psychology
- I would surf and mountain climb and take nature trips a number of times a year
- I would go to live music concerts around the world (Pearl Jam)
- I would visit beautiful gardens around the world, go to museums and go to parties.
- I would learn a few different languages, Italian, Russian...
- I would be a fitness freak, weight lifting and a yoga instructor, I would ice skate, ski, climb, aerial yoga, Qi gong, etc... and look good in a bikini.
- I would get regular massages and spa days.
- I would have a staff of personal assistants, gardener, stylist, financial advisor
- I would own a few businesses. Art or personal growth related.
- I would give presentations and lectures about creativity and living a creative life.
- I would be fearless... and actively identify my fears and conquer them.
- I would own a few homes, Chicago, Hawaii, LA, York, England, Tuscany, Italy, etc...
- I would have friends around the world.
- I would generously give to causes that I believed in.

I got to paddle board in the Adirondacks. Paddled across Sagamore Lake each morning, three times total. Loved it It was the perfect lake for it, like glass in the morning. Paddle board would be tough in rougher waters.

A friend of mine is taking a painting workshop in Italian, she is going to check it out for me and we are discussing renting a cottage there and spending the time painting.

I am also thinking it would be fun to go to Cape Cod and do some painting there as well.

I can't wait for opportunites for fun to present themselves.

I got my passport renewed and bought really nice luggage for an awesome price at Kohls; 50% off, additional 30% off coupon and a $50 rebate. I am just preparing myself for lots of awesome traveling.