What games is everyone currently playing?

Guess who has two thumbs and got a beta invite to Heroes of the Storm?

This guy!

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I too got a beta invite, still haven't done anything with it yet though.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

I keep bouncing back and forth from Dead Space 2, to the Mass Effect collection ( I just box the 3 of them in a box set), and The Last of Us.

• Like 1

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I keep bouncing back and forth from Dead Space 2, to the Mass Effect collection ( I just box the 3 of them in a box set), and The Last of Us.

I love the dead space series as a hole. Each one feels unique while still holding true to the overall narrative and progression of the series.

If you can I highly recommend playing 3 in Co op, and play through as both characters. To date it has some of the most unique Co op experiences in my opinion.

I could talk about dead space for hours. It's in my top 5 favorite series.

• Like 1

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." - J.R.R Tolkien

"Progress, not perfection."

"Persist, Pivot, or Concede." - Matthew McConaughey

"Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't."

Rants, Thoughts, and Workouts-->Battle Log | The Improvening (Current Challenge)

Played around with some Heroes of the Storm tonight. 

I'm not what you would call an 'old hand' at this genre of gaming, having never gotten into DOTA and only played an hour or two of League of Legends, but I'm really enjoying HotS.  You can go into the game Store and then try out the different heroes before purchasing, thereby creating an endless means to test out all of your future hero's abilities, traits, and talents.

Falstad is a badass, and I really enjoyed Thrall, but admittedly I'm not terribly good at the melee warrior archetypes here.  Definitely a higher success rate (and therefore enjoyment) of the ranged assassin types.

• Like 1

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

I spent in excess of 50 million on gem combines today on Diablo 3 and didn't even make it to Topaz.

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

Strangely enough I just started doinking around with Diablo 3 again last night, after having scarcely played since RoS launch.

Must say it's more enjoyable since they got rid of the AH.  Although I really didn't need another game to suck up my time!

I wanna try Diablo III someday...

I can't lie, the one game I play more than any other game is Bloons Monkey City. It really is almost endlessly replayable with more than 60 tracks and several difficulty settings and dozens and dozens of towers and upgrades and... and things.  *grumbles* And attacking your neighbors, and having them attack back and burn your shit down, so you repair it and attack then right back again, but it keeps ending up on a track where you JUST CAN'T KILL the zeppelins before they reach the end, so no-one wins, forever and ever... ARGH WHY WON'T YOU DIE.

*click*

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I picked up a new tablet and was flipping through the play store.. I keep hearing how mobile gaming is the wave of the future but I just don't see it. The majority of the mobile games seem to be mostly blatant rip offs of each other, or barely engaging. How many angry bird/temple run/candy crush rip offs can these companies crank out?

It reminds me of the Facebook heyday when companies starting churning out farmville/mafia wars clones.

• Like 1

WHAT. THE. HECK. LEVEL 4. WHAT. THE. NO. NO. NONONONO. NOOOOO.

Aaah, yes - "Bloaters". Always fun.  You need to use a "Molotov Cocktail" to kill them, if I remember correctly. 

Eli and the Timeline of Growth

"Anxiety is love's greatest killer. It makes others feel as you might when a drowning man holds on to you.

You want to save him, but you know he will strangle you with his panic." ~ Anaïs Nin

Aaah, yes - "Bloaters". Always fun.  You need to use a "Molotov Cocktail" to kill them, if I remember correctly. 

You are correct, sir! It only took me dying three times to try that, which was nerve-wracking because I didn't have one so I had to hop onto a thing and make it before it lobbed at me again. Grossss. Grossgrossgross.

• Like 1

Sylph Spellblade | Level 10 STR 5.2 | DEX 4.2 | STA 6.2 | CON 11.32 | WIS 6.75 | CHA 7.3

17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1

Battle Log

Epic Quest!