I have Spider Jerusalem from Warren Ellis' Transmetropolitan on my left shoulder and I have a bar through the bridge of my nose.

I want a lot more Tattoos but paying for my wedding comes first. Tattoo Plans include a smiling Papa Song from Cloud Atlas on my other shoulder and a leg-sleeve based on Grim Fandango.

I don't particularly want any more piercings. It was an effort by me to get over a major fear of needles (And I think it worked)

• Like 1

Level 3 Roller Knight

STR:3 DEX: 1 STA:2 CON:3 WIS:4 CHA: 2

Current Challenge: None

Just realized I forgot to mention this one

05754cff-2014-47da-aa56-c2b3c58ac788.jpg

The wife and I got them to match. I plan on having a phoenix wrapping around that arm that goes up to meet a dragon on my back. Dragon and Phoenix when depicted together symbolize true love, hence where the phoenix tail will end up...

• Like 1

Glingaerben the Wood Elf

Level 1 Ranger Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 3 | STA 1 | CON 1 | WIS 2 | CHA 2

Challenges: #1, 2

Battle Log

Just realized I forgot to mention this one

05754cff-2014-47da-aa56-c2b3c58ac788.jpg

The wife and I got them to match. I plan on having a phoenix wrapping around that arm that goes up to meet a dragon on my back. Dragon and Phoenix when depicted together symbolize true love, hence where the phoenix tail will end up...

That sounds like it will be really cool.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

So a couple other ideas I have are the ruins of a modern city with the silhouette of a girl looking in and a banner underneath that says Sic Transit Gloria Mundi, and the symbols for all of the lantern corps from green lantern.

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

My wife and I were discussing tattoos, and the only one I would consider getting, but probably won't because I'm trying to stabilize my financial life at the moment, is my weight, at its heaviest, in pounds. Just to remind myself of where I've come from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

I've got three so far, all in easily concealable places too. They are, in order of inking:  

mytattoo.jpg

drama masks on my lower back

tattoo-small.png

wolf silhouette with a night scene inside on my right ankle

completed-resized_zpsd5fe1503.png

my kitty's paw print on my right wrist

• Like 1

Level 38 Lupine Pirate = STR: 98 || DEX: 91 || STA: 102 || CON: 76 || WIS: 88 || CHA: 75

Current Challenge: 

Past Challenge List: Challenges 1-38

Battle Log: Battle On, Eli!

"You're the best kind of crazy." -Murphy, Dresden Files

"That's wolves for ya; good guys!" -Wolf, 10th Kingdom

I've got three so far, all in easily concealable places too. They are, in order of inking:  

mytattoo.jpg

drama masks on my lower back

tattoo-small.png

wolf silhouette with a night scene inside on my right ankle

completed-resized_zpsd5fe1503.png

my kitty's paw print on my right wrist

Ive always been a fan of the masks

oh man, i just got a job - i can't wait to blow all my money on piercings and tattoos!

gonna get my right ear pierced in 4 more places [double helix and two upper lobe. i already have one standard piercing, so it'll make a nice uneven 5.] i'm particularly excited about this because the right side of my head is shaved [the rest of it is past shoulder length - i'm working on waist-length!] and i love the asymmetry.

the possible tattoo plans i have for myself seem endless. i only actually have one right now: a roughly 2-inch "V" on the inside of my right ankle [stands for "veritas" which is latin for "truth"] but once i'm down to ~19% bodyfat, i'm gonna get a big triskelion on my front-upper left ribcage.
r03tk7.png

other ideas would make use of vines, trees, and elvish script...

• Like 1

level 4 elf ranger
STR | 6    DEX | 5    STA | 6    CON | 4    WIS | 4    CHA | 8

oh man, i just got a job - i can't wait to blow all my money on piercings and tattoos!

gonna get my right ear pierced in 4 more places [double helix and two upper lobe. i already have one standard piercing, so it'll make a nice uneven 5.] i'm particularly excited about this because the right side of my head is shaved [the rest of it is past shoulder length - i'm working on waist-length!] and i love the asymmetry.

the possible tattoo plans i have for myself seem endless. i only actually have one right now: a roughly 2-inch "V" on the inside of my right ankle [stands for "veritas" which is latin for "truth"] but once i'm down to ~19% bodyfat, i'm gonna get a big triskelion on my front-upper left ribcage.r03tk7.png

other ideas would make use of vines, trees, and elvish script...

Sounds awesome

I drew this myself and got it done in two parts, one after each of my two deployments to Iraq.  I've been thinking about getting it worked on, but would rather buy other toys than pay for a good artist to make this awesome. 

gallery_6487_913_37325.jpg

• Like 3

"Inside of me there are two dogs. One of the dogs is mean and evil. The other dog is good. The mean dog fights the good dog, all of the time."  When asked which dog wins, he reflected for a moment and replied "The one I feed the most."

Driftwood's Battle Log

First Challenge:  24 Feb - 6 April 2014

Second Challenge (Monks) :  14 April - 25 May 2014

I drew this myself and got it done in two parts, one after each of my two deployments to Iraq.  I've been thinking about getting it worked on, but would rather buy other toys than pay for a good artist to make this awesome. 

gallery_6487_913_37325.jpg

That's pretty sweet
  • Like 2

My wife has tattoos and I have none, but she's been pestering me lately to get some ink. I just can't decide what I want.

Here's some picks of my wife's ink, she's a funny lady.

C2.jpg

C4.jpg

This is a cover up of a unicorn/rainbow tattoo.

76602_1513284510597_1188947416_31153155_

C3.jpg

She has some nice ink. Also congratulations on having an awesome wife.
  • Like 1

This three just here are the ones I have currently:

DSC_0181-Copy.jpg?t=1381849355

Excuse the dodgy picture, bad angle, lack of light, and just about everything else... Heh, never did get someone to take this for me, and as a result it looks squint (which it isn't, honest!). Anyway, this is my latest one, and probably the most self explanatory one, all the outdoorsy-ness in a nutshell  :D

DSC_0211.jpg?t=1381849894

My first one, and because it may not be clear in the picture (taken one-handed with an upside down DSLR, tricky stuff...), it's nine tally marks. I don't tend to like explaining this one, awkward because it's always visible, but hey. Essentially, I have a thing with numbers. Nine is my crazy person equivalent to a lucky or protective number.

486081_485572411478376_1212834324_n.jpg?

My second one, fresh from the session. It's a vegvisir, an old Icelandic symbol designed to help the person who bears it through storms and rough weather. Heh, though I bear it in more of a metaphorical sense than the literal one.

And these two are ideas I have for upcoming tattoos. I've got a few more floating around, but I'm focusing in on these for the time being. Heh, unfortunately these things cost a good bit of money and I don't quite have the income to be getting anything more than maybe once a year.

DSC_0023.jpg?t=1392212627

This would be the Ã¦gishjálmr (how one pronounces that I have no idea. It makes vegvisir looks easy), or the helm of awe. The meaning, as far as I can tell, has become less clear over the years. By all accounts it started out as a symbol that Viking warriors would paint on their heads or helmets to become invincible in battle, though a lot of sources I've looked at just label it a protective symbol.

I've put my own little spin on it, taking the protective symbol theory and running with it. If I'd gone with the invincibility one the green bits would be red... Either way, it's a continuation of what I started with the vegvisir, so the protection is from the metaphorical bad guys running around my mind. It's a little more complex than that, but that's the general overview.

Like I said, it needs a lot of work. The grey drawing is the rough base sketch, kind of the halfway stage bringing together the other work I've done on it. I tried a few different styles before deciding I liked the simpler one better. The coloured one is a close approximation of what the finished product will look like, though with neater lines, angles, and without the black cutting up through the green.

DSC_0025.jpg?t=1392212674

This sketch is actually what got me in the proper mindset to plan out my plant-life themed sleeve, and it's one that will most likely not make it to the finished product, so to speak. There will be ferns. I love ferns, both in general and the 'deeper meanings' that have become associated with them. What's tricky, however, is not only tracking down a decent image of a couple of different common Scottish ferns, but actually getting them to translate properly to paper. I haven't got a sketch I'm properly happy with yet. There will be an assortment of other things going on in there, but I've only got skeleton sketches of anything else done. Heh, chances are this will take years to complete (including the actual inking).

Loving everyone's pictures so far, some awesome ideas going around here!

• Like 1

"The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring."

Yeti on Flickr - Facebook - Instagram

I love it! And you have such a sexy back!

this is fantastic

thank you thank you.

good motivation to keep working out- hard to show it off if you aren't doing the up keep!!!

I had a really phenomenal artist- very satisfied with the job he did

I can't wait to have him add to it somehow- but- baby steps- it's about the journey!!! 

Groove- two things- youre wifey is hysterical- and has lovely art- great placement as well. (kudo's to artist on it too)

second- take your time- there is no rush- when you see it/think of it you'll know. I spent years waiting for mine to hit me- I drew it and knew instantly that was it- I still waited a year to make sure it was what I wanted- but as soon as I drew it- I KNEW that was the one.   Take your time- it's forever (minus extensive and painful laser surger)- no reason to rush it!

• Like 2

This three just here are the ones I have currently:

And these two are ideas I have for upcoming tattoos. I've got a few more floating around, but I'm focusing in on these for the time being. Heh, unfortunately these things cost a good bit of money and I don't quite have the income to be getting anything more than maybe once a year.

Loving everyone's pictures so far, some awesome ideas going around here!

I love the designs and meaning behind them. they are great. keep us posted on the sleeve and anything else you get.

• Like 1

Wow some serious art in this this thread! I will get my first tattoo this year and I decided for this (yes the three X´s) but I think about adding something so I just want to ask you guys if you have some ideas? I thought about adding a sunflower but I dont know where to place it . Maybe someone has a better idea or can help me to work on it. Edit: I forgot to mention that it will be placed on my shin.

ia2i5x6t.jpg

• Like 1