I think I am going to just keep putting my woots in one place...

I had put in my 5k woot....then had an injury on the last 5k that has put me into a boot...and because of that pain med issue...I missed this important WOOT...

:triumphant:

Stat results from the first challenge of 2014!

2/24/2014

weight: 232#(I managed to lose 15# since the beginning of the last challenge)

wrist 6.5" SAME

forearm 11.5" DOWN 1/2 INCHES

Hips 52" DOWN 2 3/4 INCHES

Neck 16 SAME

USN STATS

BODY FAT: 57% DOWN 7%

FAT MASS: 132# DOWN 24#

LEAN MASS: 100#  UP 12#

And I've gone from not being able to walk more than 10 minutes to being able, before the injury, to walk a 5k a week.

My resting heart rate has been dropping from over 100 to into the 80's

My blood pressure is dropping from borderline hypertensive to  below 120/85 regularly, with some very excellent readings

the shin splint issues have been addressed with a brace

the hips are responding to rehab exercises

the acl was recovering nicely prior to the foot injury, but awareness will keep the healing going!

Since I am disabled because of various reasons, I consider this success story to be a huge WOOT...and wanted to share for those that may need the encouragement.

If you are struggling with injury, disability, depression, eating issues - contact me...I'll hold your hand and we can walk this path together!

• Like 13

In His hands and Under His wings, Phil 4:13; Is 40:31; Jer 29:11
 Adventurer by choice

Yayyyy congratulations! :D

• Like 1

Gilgamelissa

race: wood elf | class: assassin

str 5 | dex 2 | sta 3 | con 3 | wis 0 | cha 0

"Mood? What has mood to do with it? You fight when the necessity arises — no matter the mood! Mood's a thing for cattle or making love or playing the baliset. It's not for fighting." - Frank Herbert, Dune

logintroductionfirst challenge | second challenge | third challenge (current)

Grand Lady you are one of my NF inspirations. We will fight the Black Dog together. A Christian Mystic and Heathen Mystic together. I hope one day to share food with you, boast of our victories, laugh at our foibles and commiserate our losses. 

My NF journey would have been far poorer for not having you a part of it. I will pm you my email address. 

• Like 1

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Grand Lady you are one of my NF inspirations. We will fight the Black Dog together. A Christian Mystic and Heathen Mystic together. I hope one day to share food with you, boast of our victories, laugh at our foibles and commiserate our losses. 

My NF journey would have been far poorer for not having you a part of it. I will pm you my email address. 

You make me smile!!!!

And, I look forward to that day!!!!  Raise a glass, and toast to victory!!!

• Like 1

Adventurer by choice

I wanted to put my body weight workouts here... haven't done any in ages. .. but this week I did knee push ups, knee planks, bridges, dips and air squats three times, increasing each day. I also did a one hour water workout that got in my walking, running, lunges and swims!

I have missed exercising! I hope everyone can find something they enjoy, because doing exercises you enjoy, or to help you do what you enjoy, makes it so much more fun! I almost danced out of the pool!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Adventurer by choice

Great work this week with everything else that was going on. (we drove 1300 miles and both got sick)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

You need to woot your being mentioned by Steve in his recent article. That is a big woot. 

• Like 2

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

You need to woot your being mentioned by Steve in his recent article. That is a big woot.

she was pretty shocked

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

she was pretty shocked

I think you guys have done that for me! ;-)

I'm. .... so touched, so amazed, and so humbled by Steve's comment. I feel so loved and appreciated. I want to level up to the person I want to be to help others level up to be the best they want to be! But I thought I was in the shadows and very few noticed. And that is ok. ... the ones I touch are the ones that count to me. But, I guess that visit at the bar and the dog sniff caught Steve's attention! ♡

And I have been so blessed here to be touched in my heart by so many. ..I am not the same lady that signed on in 2012. That is a very good thing!

Thank you Lycan Thom, thank you Wild Ross. THANK YOU WUFKAR. Thanks to the T4 group, the adventurers, rpg fanatics, shukar and 18 k in scouts.

Participation in the nerdfitness community, with God's grace on my Life, has and is and will continue to change my life.

You get out of this so much more than you put into it. I am abundantly blessed. I challenge anyone that reads this, do a 6 week challenge. .. find a group and make friends. Visit the chat. Ask questions. 6 weeks may not turn you into Steve or Staci, but it will change your life!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Adventurer by choice

FIVE, FIVE, FIVE WOOTS IN ONE!

So, yesterday, I didn't do a lot of workouts BUT I DID 4 EARTH DOWNS!!!!

Today - early morning workout:

earth downs - 6!!! (WildRoss said I had good form!)

chair squats, with broom handle behind my head - 10 for form check

knee/elbow plank - 2 min(as in 160s)!

Combo Plank: Knee/elbow - 45s; extend arms 15 s - extend legs- up on toes - `15s - total 75s plank

I FEEL ALIVE!

I have some counter pushaways (pushups) to do for my PvP - I will add those here, later!

The goal is 150 points of pushups - most of mine being counter pushups - in a week - 1 point per pushup.

As of this morning - I am at 127 WITH A HUGE FALL TAKEN ON THURSDAY!!!

This is the first time in my memory that I can remember a fall NOT putting me on bedrest, in a boot or sling, or set up for surgery!!!

• Like 4

Adventurer by choice

You are gaining the strength of Thunar with the Earth Downs.

I am so proud of your success, You are so awesome. Love you.

• Like 1

Folks wanting to start out with full on pushups?  Do you have issues?

I DID! 

I'M DOING PUSHUPS - DAILY NOW!  but they are modified for MY issues!

But because of a PvP, and an RPG fantatics challenge - I have been doing 150 points of knee pushups(1 point per, for me), counter pushups (1 point for me, IF I do knee pushups first), and wall pushups(.5 points?)

Last week - I got my 150 points.

This week - I am almost there.

My 'earth downs' from my knees are a very small percentage of these amounts.

I never thought I could succeed at this...and I'm almost to the end of week two!  

Moving on to a third week of push up variations...and I'm proud of myself, and thankful for the opportunities...but, has it had any effect?

But I can tell you, from personal experience in the last two weeks - I have an area on my lower cervical spine that was bulging..you could feel it, IT WAS BULGING out!

...and it has realigned in these two weeks.  

I feel as if I have this armor wrapped around my pecs, traps, and lats, and my arms feel stronger.  

My advice?

Don't try too hard...starting small may just give you HUGE pay outs.

It is for me!

I need to remember to not despise small beginnings...a penny picked up 100 times = $1...and so on.

A wall pushup done 50 times a day, 6 days a week, at 1/2  a point - puts me at 150 points a week.

And, I CAN DO IT!

• Like 6

Adventurer by choice

In light of this post about pushups for me, here are my woots today!

10 knee pushups!!! this is only getting better each day!

Followed by counter inclines...and wall pushups later...building strength!!!

And, in connection with small steps - bring large rewards eventually - 

I completed 10 azz to grazz squats - straight - confirmed by WildRoss!  no knees involved(did remove my boot) - just my butt and hammies and maybe some quads...back was tight and straight.

Not sure I could add weight or a bar...but, I'm so glad I'm able to do these again!!!  Didn't bother the tendon in my left foot! ye haw!

I'm just trying to encourage others...slow and steady and you will win YOUR race!

• Like 4

Adventurer by choice