Traveling on paleo?

What are your paleolithic traveling trips?

Next year (possibly the year after that depending on what comes up) I hope to leave home for a backpacking trip through Europe that will take me at least a couple of months to complete. The biggest issue will obviously be sticking to diet - I don't eat paleo just to look good in a bikini, I need to tick with it for health issues, and it's not sacrificable. But I will also not have an infinite budget, and not necessarily even any reliable access to kitchens. It's not an 'survive the trip from airport to airport' issue but a 'survive for a couple of months without straying too far away'. So obviously, the fact that I cannot buy cheap fast food all the time is going to be a major problem.

I will be putting together a decent food budget, but I will of course want to cut costs as low as possible. To those of you who eat paleo and travel - and there must be at least SOME, considering all the hikers on here - what are your experiences and tips?

Race: Reindeer   l   Lvl: Adventurer

I will travel across the land, searching far and wide~

Good luck with that. I am a vegan myself and still have not found a good way to thru hike the AT and stick to my diet. With that said I have never been to Europe and have no idea what backpacking it would be like. Yet what I know of paleo I don't see to many trail friendly options for you, at least not that would sustain for long.

What we are born with, we must make our own
Or it remains a mere appurtenance.
-Faust

Hi there!

I am a newbie here, I am so much into fitness and workout to keep fit and healthy and smiling :) I am also into diet in terms of nutritious food, I totally eliminated all processed foods. I recently started to discover Chinese way of preparing meals (according to the theory of five elements) and I discovered that you can really eat anything you like provided that you follow a few simple rules of adding tastes to the meal in a proper order. 

Back to the point, I am also thinking about the food while traveling. There's much advice online on cheap food and traveling on a budget which often means fast food. For me, food does matter a lot, I have a 18-month-old daughter who I also give nutritious food.

I am planning to travel to the USA and I am thinking of food. Where can we buy natural, not processed food? Where (in what restaurants) can we get something good (for breakfast, dinner and supper?)

We're planning to go to New York, then fly to west coast to San Francisco, maybe find someplace nice on the beach, visit national parks in Utah, Oregon, Arizona. We'll see how much time we'll have as we truly want to experience the places and more importantly, the people.

About Europe I could tell you more, just let me know where exactly you're going to :)

Thanks a lot!