I'll take "Potent Potables" for $200, Alex

I'm getting ready to go over to the winery/brewery my friend owns. I'm sure I'll be drinking something shortly

• Like 1

Did I offer advice in my post?  Please keep the following in mind:

• I am not a doctor nor any other kind of medical professional.
  • I am not a lawyer.
  • I am not a mental health provider
  • I am not a nutritionist
  • Your mileage may vary
  • I don't do anything in moderation
  • I have lots of injuries & if you train like me, you probably will too.

54c8dc89fc831ef7f1ae9d8852d4cd74.jpg

No work here

• I am not a lawyer.
  • Your mileage may vary

I tried to get caught up a little this weekend with:

Lagunitas Maximus IPA - 8.2% abv - an old standby, always in the fridge.

Tioga-Sequoia (local brewery) Humulus Noctem double black IPA - 8% abv - a new one from the hometown boys, very black, even the head was black, bitter.

Stone Old Guardian barley wine -11% abv - hard to describe, but very tasty. Reminds me of homebrew.

Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball ale - 9.4% abv - malty, kind of smoky and dark, supposed to be a hangover stopper. Nope.

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

So that winery I mention right up there that my buddy owns... There is a guy who roasts his coffee on the farm and he sells some there, some at the local farmers market. Just received the text below:

post-35316-14260297552983_thumb.png

Guess I know where I'm heading. Pays to have friends--the winery isn't even open today. [emoji1]

• I am not a lawyer.
  • Your mileage may vary

The microbrewery around the corner from where I work won 3 golds in a statewide competition. Someday I'll have to try them.

http://www.wtsp.com/story/news/local/florida/2015/03/10/fort-myers-brewing-company-beer-winners/24692369/

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

For all you beer lovers out there, try Southern Prohibition! It's my hometown brewery and friends of mine own it and work there. Jack the Sipper is my personal favorite, but Barrel Aged Mississippi Fire Ant has won some awards. I'm not sure what awards they are but the competition was in Chicago which is a long way from Mississippi so it's safe to say it was a nationwide competition. I know they distribute to Mississippi, Louisiana, and Tennessee. They are getting bigger all the time though, give them a try!

• Like 1
On 3 April 2016 at 6:26 AM, Falcon Lovejoy said:

They are getting bigger all the time though, give them a try!

You send me one, and I'll give it my honest opinion. :encouragement:

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

57 minutes ago, Guzzi said:

You send me one, and I'll give it my honest opinion. :encouragement:

I see you are from Scotland. I was actually through Fort William back in September while driving Loch Ness on my way to Oban. I went to the Inverurie Beer Festival that trip as well. Tell you what, send me some crazy, awesome Brew Dogs, and I'll send you some SoPro (short for Southern Prohibition).

Yayyyyy! The beer thread is back! We need to keep this thread going, we don't want them to steal it the way they stole the Random thread... 

Where's @Barfly when you need him? :P 

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

11 hours ago, RandMart said:

Oh. My. God!

The internet never fails to surprise and delight me. An online magazine dedicated to beer??? :o 

4 hours ago, RandMart said:

Oh, there's more!!!

https://www.beeradvocate.com/mag/

Ha! I actually recognised part of one of the articles on there. 

“People bring out the pitchforks and torches demanding our Mexican Chocolate Stout,” says Jeremy Gobien, owner and head brewer at Copper Kettle Brewing Company in Denver. His take on a mole ale was a gold medal winner in the Herb and Spice Beer category at the Great American Beer Festival in 2011.

One woman who made the trek over an hour up the Front Range for a taste was particularly disappointed to leave empty handed.

“The day she visited just happened to be the one day out of a hundred it wasn’t on tap,” he recalls. She got so angry we had run out she started swearing at me,” he adds, sounding a little in awe at the power this riotous flavor combination has wrought on craft brewing culture.

You must have quoted or shared it  some time before. ;) 

ps. Why does my font size go all wonky if I copy and paste something? Grrrrr!