Liveforwonder's Quest Log

3-15-14

• 40 Squats
  • 20 Lunges
  • 30 Jumping Jacks
  • 37 Sec plank
  • 20 Jackknifes

Did house cleaning and quite a bit of work on the backyard pond (ow, back) Went on a walk with my doggy - probably about a mile, I didn't track it. Did Wii Fit for an hour and worked up quite a sweat. I absolutely love that thing.

Ate: Fried tofu sandwich with spinach and tomato, broccoli and almond butter, 6 in. Veggie Delite from Subway, and a bunch of mango gummies. Ugh. They're so good.

3-16-14

• 60 Squats w/ 10 lb
  • 31 Sec Plank
  • 20 Jackknifes
  • 20 Lunges
  • Free weight arm exercises

Did half an hour on steep incline on the treadmill. I can definitely feel that in my butt now.

Ate: Spinach, cherry, and greek yogurt smoothie, Grilled veggie, mozzarella, and spinach wrap...........and 2 slices of pizza. I know, bad me. But damn that stuff is good.

1 2

Walking to Mordor - Hobbiton to Rivendell: 97.1 miles out of 458

3-17-14

Oof. All classes were cancelled because of the weather and it was so hard to not be lazy. Took the dog for a 2 mile walk to help with the Walking to Mordor Quest. Did some solid aerobics on Wii Fit for about 45 minutes.

Edit: Later tonight I signed up for the 30 Day Yoga Challenge at http://doyouyoga.com/challenge Now, I've never really "yoga-d" before but DAMN that felt good. This may just get added to my workouts. I feel like some places have been stretched that I didn't know could be! I love it. I found a Saturday Tai Chi class at the local library so maybe that's next on my "try new things" list

My eating today was NOT good. I cooked a big St.Patty's Day dinner for my family so I ended up eating Shepherd's Pie and......apple pie. *sigh* Everyone of my battle logs so far have ended with "but it was sooooo good!" I also made gingersnaps so I had a few of those. This morning I had a cherry/spinach/yogurt smoothie. Lunch was a hummus/grilled veggie/spinach wrap on naan.

1 2

3-18-14

• 20 Squats w/ 15 lb
  • 30 Squats w/ 20 lb
  • Plank:39 Sec
  • Plank:32 sec
  • Lunge: 15 lb
  • Jackknife 10
  • Triceps Extension: 10 w/ 15 lb
  • Bench Press: 10 w/ 30 lb
  • Military Press 10 w/ 20 lb
  • Bicep Curl: 10 w/ 30 lb
  • Jumping Jacks: 30

After lifting, I got on the treadmill and tackled some serious hills for 1.36 miles. Upon returning home, took the dog for an additional 0.51 mile walk. I worked a really short shift today - only 3 hours, but I could definitely feel all my sore muscles complaining.

Ate: Scrambled eggs, whole wheat toast, skim milk for breakfast, Hummus/spinach/tomato wrap for lunch, apple and almond butter for snack, leftover shepherd's pie for dinner, granola bar after workout, and some gingersnap snacks. Kudos to me for avoiding eating Taco Bell for dinner! (I work at Taco Bell so that's usually what I eat when I work a dinner shift)

1 2

3-20-14

• Squats: 60 w/ 30 lb
  • Plank: 36 sec
  • Lunges: 10 w/ 15 lb
  • Jackknife: 15
  • Triceps Extension: 20 w/ 15 lb
  • Bench Press: 20 w/ 15 lb
  • Military Press: 5 w/ 30 lb, 10 w/ 20 lb
  • Bicep Curl: 20 w/ 30 lb

Went to work right after class, then went to the gym right after work. So proud of myself for that! I really wanted to go home and be lazy after work. After lifting, I did 1.32 miles on an interval course on the treadmill.

Ate: Sweet potato/banana biscuits (yum!), veggies with sweet potato hummus, raisins, Taco Bell burrito (I was working during the dinner rush and was starving. I succumbed to temptation >_>)

1 2

3-21-14

Didn't make it to the gym. Worked a 6 hour shift right after class and basically dropped dead when I got home. So tired.

Ate: sweet potato/ banana biscuits,banana, spinach/tomato/pepper/sweet potato hummus wrap, strawberries, Taco Bell burrito.

3-22-14

Did an hour of Tai Chi in the morning, then ran errands all day. Another day without a real workout. Ugh.

Ate: sweet potato/banana biscuits, banana/oat/apple muffins, mashed potatoes, red beans and rice

1 2

3-23-14

• Squats: 60 w/ 30 lb
  • Plank: 35 sec, 34 sec
  • Jackknife: 15
  • Triceps Extension: 10 w/ 15 lb
  • Bench press: 35 w/ 30 lb
  • Military press: 15 w/ 20 lb

Walked 1.4 miles. Also saw Muppets: Most Wanted! I love the Muppets :)

Ate: Apple, Oat muffins, Grilled veggie/spinach/mozzarella wrap, tortilla chips

3-24-14

• Squats: 40 w/ 40 lb
  • Plank: 31 sec, 32 sec
  • Lunge: 10 w/ 15 lb
  • Leg Lifts: 15
  • Triceps Extension: 15 w/ 15 lb
  • Bench press: 20 w/ 30 lb
  • Military press: 5 w/ 30 lb, 10 w/ 20

Tried to give blood again today but was too anemic. Again. Dammit. Walked 0.88 miles.

Ate: Oat muffins, raisins and dried apricots, spinach/tomato/pepper/hummus wrap, grilled veggies and tofu on naan

1 2

3-25-14

Rest day. More like stress day. Scholarship application deadlines are seriously freaking me out.

Ate: oat/apple granola bars, veggies and hummus, chickpea curry and rice, naan

3-26-14

More stress day (a.k.a. I didn't get to the gym) Doing a lot of housework tonight in preparation for my mom's visit though.

Ate: oat/apple granola bar, fruit salad, veggies and hummus, 3 cookies, sweet potato fries and morning star chicken nuggets.

1 2

3-27-14

More craziness. Mom came in today, hence parents fighting and me being bossed around. gosh I love Mom visits.

Ate: Oat granola bar, fruit salad, veggies and hummus, fritos, cookies, apple, curry and salad. (stress eating. yay.)

3-28-14

Today we had a huge reception for my mom's retirement. This involved me tottering around on high heels and eating. A lot. Chips, cake, m&ms, soda....yeah. i don't even want to chronicle all that I ate today.

1 2

Good luck with your applications.

One day of bad eating won't derail all the good you have accomplished, just jump back on that train and don't look back!

I'm trying to! I'm just really good at stress eating...and now it's spring break and I'm going to go visit my boyfriend who has an INCREDIBLE metabolism and eats junk. I love him, but damn he's a bad influence.

1 2

4-9-14

So I spent all of last week visiting my boyfriend and eating absolute crap. Aaaand then I spent the next couple days sitting at home being depressed and missing him. Basically I've just been eating awfully and not exercising for two weeks. Go me. Went for a 1.5 mile walk today.

Ate: smoothie, sweet potato biscuits, chickpea and quinoa salad wrap, spinach and grilled veggie wrap, craisins

1 2

Worked 5 hours after class on both Thursday and Friday, then another 5 today. What with trying to keep up with coursework, I haven't been to the gym at all this week. Ate taco bell 3 days in a row because of working dinner shifts. I feel seriously gross....ugh. I feel like I just want to throw up.

1 2

Don't let it bother you too much, everyone has an off time every now and then.

If I miss a workout I try and just do a few exercises in my free minute, 10 BW squats waiting for the washing machine to finish, 6 lunges up and down the hall when moving around the house, wall push-ups after making the bed. It all counts. Incidental exercise.

You are doing great. :)

Wait! What............?

Fantastic work on the 50 BW squats. I run out of puff at around 25, I think I might be doing them too fast.

I spread them out to make it easier. Kind of embarrassing...but it works! I made myself promise that for every time I went to the bathroom in a day, I'd do 10 squats. Then I just kind of did them whenever I had a free moment.

• Like 1

1 2

5-3-14

Worked a short 3 hour shift and walked home from work. (it's only about a 10 min walk, but still!) Also made some hummus and applesauce. Ate: flaxseed/oatmeal pancakes, quesadilla, veggie burger and homemade veggie fried rice.

5-4-14

MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!!

20 BW squats, 15 leg lifts. Ate: apple sauce oatmeal, quesadilla, veggie subway sandwich and baked chips. Worked a 6 hour shift and went grocery shopping. A little bit of house cleaning (not nearly enough)

1 2