I have an idea...

Promising to record something here this week, or the next week at the very latest.

If I didn't write it down somewhere, I'd chicken out for sure.

• Like 5

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Spread love and understanding. Use force if necessary." - Leon Trotsky

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

"If you do strange things, strange things will happen!"

"That's it! Now go make something beautiful." -Jake Parker

Well, it's not gonna get any better by the umpteenth take, so here goes:

https://soundcloud.com/fearkiller/quote-for-all-the-nf-rebels/s-D5Ilm

It's even got all the awkward pauses and other stuff in it, too :tongue:

Tell me if it's not working, I'll correct it.

I might do something in Finnish too, as the native language would flow better.

• Like 1

"There is beauty in hardship / There are poems in grief" -Assemblage 23, Damaged

| STR:2.25 | DEX:2.25 | STA:2 | CON:1.25 | CHA:3.25 | WIS:7 | A place I will collect my woots - if I remember

Challenges | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 |  6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 15.115.2 |

Milythaels'  HOoRAY for which I am grateful | Today, right now, I am alive. And that is good.

It is amazing the power of those small gestures of love and kindness have on our lives. <3 - Liberator

"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stiched together with good intentions." - Augusten Burroughs, Magical thinking:True stories

"Pick up the pieces and keep going, one painfully slow step at a time." Hiraedd the twice-risen, hamadryad. 

"Let me think about the people I care about the most, and when they fail or disappoint me, I still love them, I still give them chances, and I still see the best in them. Let me extend that generosity to myself." zefrank1, An Invocation for Beginnings

"I don't feel guilty for wanting. That's like being mad because you have to breathe or pee. It just is." Someone in Reddit

Damn... that is one hell of a relaxing voice...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I have never really thought of my voice from that point of view. Thanks!

Not when I'm at work... :-)

And no, bad, bad insanity, NF at work :D;)

Unable to contribute due to monetary issues but I can tell you that my vocal fach is, as far as I know, probably still lyric mezzo-soprano. Does that help?

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

I have never really thought of my voice from that point of view. Thanks!

And no, bad, bad insanity, NF at work :D;)

LOL.... you know, with that voice.... *eyebrow wiggle*

Unable to contribute due to monetary issues but I can tell you that my vocal fach is, as far as I know, probably still lyric mezzo-soprano. Does that help?

I don't know what half those words mean...  so not really... :-)

*runs off to google*

Is this accurate?

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

Pretty much, yes. It means I end up in the middle range of the female voices. I don't have the brightness and agility of a coloratura mezzo nor the power of a dramatic mezzo. Smooth, gentle and steady, me. C6 is a strain on the throat and I can't go as low as E3 which ends up making me sound like I'm moaning breathily rather than singing.

Although I have lost weight and my voice has probably changed a little in quality, I doubt the range was much affected.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Didn't expect that! *grinning*

Yaaaaay! Way to go, and I LOVE Dean Koontz so bonus points on your choice of quote. ;)

I don't know what half those words mean... so not really... :-)

*runs off to google*

Is this accurate?

Dude! I'm so glad you went with that. I was going to go with the *look shiftily side to side to make sure no one can see how stupid I am* then - "Yeah, *nodding* that makes total sense". :P

Phew! Dodged a bullet there. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Pretty much, yes. It means I end up in the middle range of the female voices. I don't have the brightness and agility of a coloratura mezzo nor the power of a dramatic mezzo. Smooth, gentle and steady, me. C6 is a strain on the throat and I can't go as low as E3 which ends up making me sound like I'm moaning breathily rather than singing.

Although I have lost weight and my voice has probably changed a little in quality, I doubt the range was much affected.

In light of Fear's post, and my take on it, the "moaning breathily" just made me laugh... also that's a lot of words I don't know, but if you sound like the video, then I demand a recording... :-D

Didn't expect that! *grinning*

You'll learn to expect anything when I'm around... :-D

Dude! I'm so glad you went with that. I was going to go with the *look shiftily side to side to make sure no one can see how stupid I am* then - "Yeah, *nodding* that makes total sense". :tongue:

Phew! Dodged a bullet there. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering where that round in my leg came from...

My first challenge

Hah, didn't even think about that! LOL! :D It was just the best way I thought of to describe it at the time.

I'm no professional by any means but my friends do say I was really good at singing in Rock Band the few times we played it last year. I was rated better than our friend who also likes to take turns singing, at any rate, and I did pretty good on a song I was only vaguely familiar with (something about an "ultimate showdown" that had sounded fun and I'd heard a few times). His rhythm was off and quite possibly his key, IIRC, TBH, but I wouldn't ever tell him that. I did try to help him by singing along a little when it was his turn and it would help for a while...

But, anyway, to get back on topic, at my best I am in key and sing simply, no frills. I don't usually take risks. At my worst, I am terribly out of tune but still in rhythm. It depends on how I'm feeling.

I do have her range, however. Also, I can be pretty good in a duet or multi-part song, keeping to my part properly. (And I do love multi-part songs!)

I wish I had her cash so I could record my voice and show you. I do sing from time to time to myself and with my friends and the radio to keep from getting too rusty.

The most recent song I sang with a friend was "Red and Black/Do you Hear the People Sing?" (She had the three disk collection downloaded in her car practically memorized and was planning on watching the anniversary thing that was recorded with all those people. I was familiar with the source and had heard the songs, read the libretto and seen the recent film.)

The most recent song I've been practicing is one I've almost got fully down pat and is a bit of a challenge as it's foreign, "Zenigata March". I'm memorizing the third verse now. I'm also attempting to make an easily singable English translation because there is absolutely none and I've checked pretty much everywhere. It's not easy to translate, but I've got the basic idea of it. I think "tsukiai" was one of the more difficult words as it was a cultural concept of a give and take relationship between co-workers or something so I've kind of glossed over it slightly. Furthermore, "onawa wo choudai shiro" kept coming up on Google Translate as "give me your rope white" which didn't make sense until I found that "shiro" was acutally a command form conjugation of the irregular verb "suru" and "onawa wo choudai" was an expression more to do with arresting someone, like possibly a "give yourself up"/"turn yourself in".

19.98%
19.98%

47.85%
47.85%

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Hah, didn't even think about that! LOL! :D It was just the best way I thought of to describe it at the time.

I'm no professional by any means but my friends do say I was really good at singing in Rock Band the few times we played it last year. I was rated better than our friend who also likes to take turns singing, at any rate, and I did pretty good on a song I was only vaguely familiar with (something about an "ultimate showdown" that had sounded fun and I'd heard a few times). His rhythm was off and quite possibly his key, IIRC, TBH, but I wouldn't ever tell him that. I did try to help him by singing along a little when it was his turn and it would help for a while...

But, anyway, to get back on topic, at my best I am in key and sing simply, no frills. I don't usually take risks. At my worst, I am terribly out of tune but still in rhythm. It depends on how I'm feeling.

I do have her range, however. Also, I can be pretty good in a duet or multi-part song, keeping to my part properly. (And I do love multi-part songs!)

I wish I had her cash so I could record my voice and show you. I do sing from time to time to myself and with my friends and the radio to keep from getting too rusty.

The most recent song I sang with a friend was "Red and Black/Do you Hear the People Sing?" (She had the three disk collection downloaded in her car practically memorized and was planning on watching the anniversary thing that was recorded with all those people. I was familiar with the source and had heard the songs, read the libretto and seen the recent film.)

The most recent song I've been practicing is one I've almost got fully down pat and is a bit of a challenge as it's foreign, "Zenigata March". I'm memorizing the third verse now. I'm also attempting to make an easily singable English translation because there is absolutely none and I've checked pretty much everywhere. It's not easy to translate, but I've got the basic idea of it. I think "tsukiai" was one of the more difficult words as it was a cultural concept of a give and take relationship between co-workers or something so I've kind of glossed over it slightly. Furthermore, "onawa wo choudai shiro" kept coming up on Google Translate as "give me your rope white" which didn't make sense until I found that "shiro" was acutally a command form conjugation of the irregular verb "suru" and "onawa wo choudai" was an expression more to do with arresting someone, like possibly a "give yourself up"/"turn yourself in".

I'll be waiting for the video... :-D

• Like 2

My first challenge

Merhaba, everyone! I'm deployed again and learning a new language, so I may just revive this thread with a little language practice....

• Like 2

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...

Merhaba, everyone! I'm deployed again and learning a new language, so I may just revive this thread with a little language practice....

Turkey? Or an Arabic-speaking country? I can never keep the spelling straight. 

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Good thread resurrection!  I just saw it this morning.  Didn't know it existed before now.  I have my voice recorded on several youtube videos for WoW, but I've been meaning to record some voice work so this could be a good reason to do that!  

(hopefully everyone is ok with me quoting Atlas Shrugged and the Lich King and other random crap)

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I haven't recorded anything in Turkish yet, but I have been practicing speaking it to the people and they are always very impressed that I'm trying. It makes me blush. They get so excited.

• Like 3

Level 2 Furyan Ranger    You keep what you kill

STR 3 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 2 | WIS 2 | CHA 3
6.1 6.2 | Duolingo | Daily Fitocracy

Spoiler

Captain Hammer: Have I seen you at the gym?

Billy: [smiles] At the gym!

Captain Hammer: [to himself] I don't go to the gym, I'm just naturally like this...