What made you smile today?

I'm just back from an "emergency McDonalds run" for a pregnant friend. She's as sick as a dog with morning sickness, can't keep anything down, and the only thing she could face today was a strawberry flavour McDonalds milkshake.

The look on her face when I offered to go and get one for her was worth the drive. Poor thing!

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I got to play with a cuddly golden retriever puppy this afternoon. Gretta is so adorable that she has a fan club :)

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

I was doing this community service thing for work today, and I passed a homeless guy walking past a police officer. I kind of tensed up, having witnessed some contentious exchanges between police and the homeless before. They nodded in recognition at each other, then the police officer said to him, "What do you want for lunch today? A cheeseburger?"

It warms my heart, thinking that that police officer makes sure that guy has lunch every time he's working. Still smiling about it.

• Like 3

I went to a Switchfoot concert today and it was the highlight of my entire month so far. It was really something special. I went by myself but I had more fun than I've had at almost any other concert I've been to. What a blast. I was definitely smiling the entire time.

• Like 1

"First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you win."

—Mahatma Ghandi

Ha! I just got a compliment. Of sorts.

I've been hanging around all day waiting on someone coming to fix my boiler (no hot water) and the guy delivering the gas turned up with a new 47kg bottle for me. While he was manhandling the new bottle into position, I picked up the old one, carried it to the truck, and lifted it up onto the bed.

"You're the first woman in town that's ever done that." He says. "Most of the men won't even do that."

Hehehe! I'm pleased with myself! :D

• Like 3

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Ha! I just got a compliment. Of sorts.

I've been hanging around all day waiting on someone coming to fix my boiler (no hot water) and the guy delivering the gas turned up with a new 47kg bottle for me. While he was manhandling the new bottle into position, I picked up the old one, carried it to the truck, and lifted it up onto the bed.

"You're the first woman in town that's ever done that." He says. "Most of the men won't even do that."

Hehehe! I'm pleased with myself! :D

Even being a guy, that would be a little bounce in my step.

• Like 2

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

How did I not know about this???

Smile for today: I met a new neighbor with little kids and her oldest one and her middle one gave me a hug when I left today, its been a long time since I had a cute little kid hug :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

My close friend got offered a kick-ass job working for the European Union. I´m so happy for his sake, it made me smile all day. Guess that´s the sign of a good friendship, when all you feel is happiness, and no envy. :)

• Like 4

Level 3: Ninja

Current Challenge with the Druids (Nov 2nd-dec 13th)

Every man I meet, is my superior in some way. In that, I learn of him. Emerson

seeing JJ playing in the parade today made me smile. It was his first Marching Band thing I have gone to this year, and I was in the very front and could have touched him I was so close and I didn't have to stay long to see him (he was one of the first to come through) and it just went perfectly...so it made me happy! 

• Like 2

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn