Dedwyddwch- "Happy" to be making a change

Hello all!  Dedwyddwch (dead-weeth-ookh) is a Welsh word meaning "happiness".  I'm from Wales, but I live in Canada, and i'm looking to make a change in my life.  I have an interest in running and my sister (Arlunydd) signed us up for a 5k.  So i'd better get in shape so I don't make a fool of myself!

I couldn't figure out my race, so I took a bunch of quizzes and every one told me I was an elf.  But i'm only 5 ft 5, and 170 lbs, not exactly the best description of an elf.  I like elves though, so who am I to argue with the results. ;)  As for profession, I am a ranger/assassin.  I love the outdoors, hiking, hunting, fishing, etc.  I want to work on my wilderness skills, endurance and strength (Ranger) but I would also like to give running and parkour a go (assassin).  I actually found a local class on parkour- awesome!

I've signed up for the 6-week challenge already, and am sort of on my way (the weather got really cold again and i'm being a wimp about running in -20.)  We ran up and down the 6 flights of stairs at my sister's place instead.  The next few days it's around 0, so I won't have an excuse. 

Looking forward to meeting you all!

• Like 1

STR- 4, DEX- 0, STA- 4, CON- 1, WIS- 1, CHA- 0

Welcome!

I love welsh names and just the language! I even changed my friend's name from Brandon to Breenhin. Because he's more of a prince than a grouse covered hill :)

Parkour and wilderness skills, you'll survive the zombie outbreak for sure!

Nice to meet you! :P I'll be here, holding you accountable, as I'm not letting you ditch me at the race! :D  

A warrior has only one true friend: himself. So he feeds his body well; he trains it; works on it. Where he lacks skill, he practises. Where he lacks knowledge, he studies. But above all he must believe. He must believe in the strength of will, of purpose, of heart and soul. - David Gemmell

@Arlunydd                              Instagram