Too Fat To Give Blood

Fantastic weekend!! That's great! :D

I'm rooting for you to get that last 3lbs before your holiday, I know how much those little victories can mean. Your progression is great, just imagine how much you're going to be able to do a month from now... :o

You're kicking ass man! Keep it up.

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I am blown away by both your intro and your dedication! You are h***a impressive!

I have been in basically the same situation, I know how hard it can be, I also know already that you have "old me" beaten all ready with that momentum you have built. Keep going strong!

• Like 1

Lincarte - Level 3 - Dwarf Warrior 

Str: 7 | Dex: 1 | Sta: 3 | Con: 6 | Wis: 3 | Cha: 5

Squat - 120(~265 lb.) | Bench - 95(~209lb.) | Deadlift - 190(~419 lb.) | Total: 405(~893 lb.)

PvP:The 800 club - Daily Battle Log - #3, #2, #1

Fantastic weekend! I kind of wish I had a treadmill or bike to TV with :D  

You are absolutely right to just keep going at tortoise speed. Hare speed may mess up your progress and we don't want that!! Slow and steady....

Besides, statistically speaking, people who lose the weight slowly by making life changes are far more likely to stay healthy in the long run.

Keep it up!!

STR 7.2 | DEX 3.5 | STA 5.8 | CON 8.4 | WIS 5.55 | CHA 5.5

Most Recent Challenge

You are doing amazing.  It's such an inspiration to come onto the board and see what progress you are making.  Keep being awesome! 

Intro, Challenges:  1, 2

Level: 1   Race: Human  Profession: Ranger

STR: 2  DEX: 1  STA: 1  CON: 1  WIS: 3  CHA: 2

"[i fear] a cage. . . . To stay behind bars, until use and old age accept them, and all chance of doing great deeds is gone beyond recall or desire." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Your mind will quit a hundred times before your body ever does.  Feel the pain and do it anyway"

I'm finally back. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Just got back from vacation a couple of days ago and I'm trying to get back into my routine which has suffered significantly these past couple of weeks. But first, I did hit my goal of losing 3 pounds before I went on vacation for a total of fifty pounds lost!!! Unfortunately I gained 4 pounds while I was on vacation. But I knew I was going to gain some weight because I was going to have fun and eat. And eat I did; falafels, pizza, pasta, biscuits and gravy, jambalaya, alligator jambalaya, and burgers. The only food I regret eating is all the chocolate chip cookies I ate. I had more cookies in the past week than I've had in the last three years combined. My sister (whom I was staying with) left them out in a high traffic area and every time I passed by I grabbed a couple or more. But now I'm back and ready to get back on the path after I stumbled (X-men Days of Futures Past reference).

In addition to my eating habits I really need to get back on my exercise schedule. The week before I went on vacation I fell of the rails and barely did any exercise and no routine exercise while on vacation. So now I have a whole week and a half on my exercise calendar that is blank. And will only be able to get one strength training session in this week. And that one session I did showed just how much I've set myself back. It took me an extra 12 minutes to get through my routine and I'm sore. But I did get the ball rolling again and I'm going to build back up my momentum. I don't see any changes that may throw me off any time soon in the future so I have no excuses. So watch out I'm heading straight for my next goal of 320 lbs and I'll be barreling through that to my next goal.

• Like 2

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

Hey Teros thanks for your comments. I don't think "gut-slide" is an offical term but I thought it was better to call it that than a "fat-alanche". I'm thankful for Joe sharing his pictures of him losing weight so that I know what I'm going through is normal. If you check out his picture progression I'm going from 1 to 2 in his journey. I just can't wait to get to his final picture. But slow and steady is the way I want to go. Life long changes I can live with. I've lost weight before with taking appetite surpresent pills and very restrictive diet and it was nice to be be smaller but I eventually got heavier than I previously was. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes.

I also wanted to send a note to you guys and gals for the supportive comments. It really makes my day when I see them. It also made me realize that I want to leave comments for others and hope the same great feeling I get.

I also wanted to share my experiences of this past weekend. I took my 4 yr old to the zoo for a quick dry run before I fly him out to Californa later this month to take him to see the ocean. Good thing I did because I need to remember to bring sunscreen. I tend to forget about these things when I haven't been outside for the past 6 months for any amount of time.

I was also excited because I set a new PR for my stationary biking also. I actually stopped earlier than I needed to so I didn't set too high of a bar to beat for this week. And this week is starting out strong. Biked for an hour while watching season 4 episode 2 of Game of Thrones, and all I can say is yay. I even got out and did 45 minutes of yard work. 1h45min of exercise in one day, unthinkeable a year ago. This week I also bumped up my tutorial work out to 3 full sets. I was shocked when I completed all three in 25 minutes! I think it took me that long to complete 1.5 sets just a month and half ago. And I know that it took me 45 minutes to complete 2.5 sets two weeks ago. I've also improved on my push-ups. I was able to do almost 3 half ass regular push ups in my last set but considering I was only able to do incline push ups when I started it's much improved and I'm also able to do 10 knee push-ups with no pause. So I'm well on my way to being able to do 5 good push-ups in each set.

It was also a great weekend because somehow I lost 3lbs WOOT! That puts me 3lbs away from hitting 50lbs lost. I'm hoping I can lose those three pounds in the next two weeks before I go to California. But I'm not going to do anything radically different to try to hit that goal. Steady has been working for me and I don't want to screw with that.

Thanks again everyone for your comments and I'll keep you posted how things are going.

You had me in tears with 'fat-alanche' hahaha, I'm in my cubicle giggling uncontrollably now. 

As for your vacation, 4 pounds is not too bad for vacation weight, they'll come flying off when you get back into your routine, I'm sure. It'll take a few days to get back up to speed exercise-wise,  but you'll get there a lot faster than it took before. 

Absolutely awesome progress, just wanted to stop by and say incredible work, keep it up!!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

I'm totally going to use your calendar tracking method.

Mainly I'm posting here so I can watch your progress. 

You, Sir, are whiz-bang!

AlleyKat - Level 2 - Astro Mycologist

STR - 5, DEX - 2, STA - 4, CON - 2, WIS - 5, CHA - 2

The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together.

-Carl Sagan

so proud of you... have you thought about joining the challengeS? or in having a battle log? I see you only have 11 posts!!! I am SURE that tehre are people here who would LOVE to hear more about your story! and to cheer you on!!!

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I was going to start the last 6 week challenge which is why I put stat markers under my signature, but I could not think of any personal goals that I wanted to work for. That problem got resolved this past Sunday when I went to a wedding and I was the only non-Vietnamese person there. Everyone asked me why I haven't learned Vietnamese since I'm married to a Vietnamese woman. I wanted to say that I've had her try to teach me but every time I would make some small mistake she would would say "You know nothing". Started to feel a lot like Jon Snow in Game of Thrones when Ygritte would tell him "You know nothing Jon Snow". It's frustrating as hell. So somehow I'll be learning Vietnamese during the next challenge.

As far as having only 11 posts this is my first forum experience. I'm also kinda gun shy. If you read my earlier posts it only took one idiot's comment to stop me from trying to improve myself a long time ago. I know everyone here is supportive but I still have that fear of putting myself out there to be judged. I've always tried to not be noticed, but I'm getting tired of that so I'm trying to change. But it's been a gradual process so far.

I should also take Guzzi's advice and ask an administrator to move this post thread to the battle log section. It stopped being an introduction a while back.

Viking Adventurer

Oh honey... those people who will judge? They'll judge no matter what you do... might as well give them something awesome to judge eh? (That's my motto anyway!)

I love being multi lingual... in today's society it's so helpful... are you gonna learn on the sly and not say anything till you're fluent? Or are you gonna ask for help and stuff?

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

Ok, I've almost depressed myself with my previous post so onto something more light hearted, monthly check up stats. I talked earlier about how I gained 4 pounds while I was on vacation, well I've lost that plus 3 more pounds in the last week. So now I'm down 53 pounds WOOT! So my stats from last month to this month are Weight 344.4 -> 335.6 pounds for 9 pounds lost for the month. Chest 51.5 -> 51 inches, Waist 57 -> 56 inches, Right Thigh 32 -> 32.5 inches, Hip 50.5 -> 50 inches, Neck 17 -> 16 inches, Shoulders 57 -> 55.5 inches (hard to measure this one so may not be accurate), Right Arm 17.5 -> 18 inches.

I've also included my workout calendar for May. Waaaay too many blank days on there. Seven of them I expected since I was on vacation, but 14 days is inexcusable. Toward the end of the month I was just trying to do something to get the momentum going again. Last week I posted that I finally did a strength training circuit and I was extremely sore afterwards. This week I got my first session in and it felt a lot better and I brought my time down. Nowhere near the time I had before my vacation, but a lot better performance.

Here's to a more consistent month this June.

post-28403-0-21076600-1401784042_thumb.j

post-28403-0-44078400-1401784058_thumb.j

• Like 1

Viking Adventurer

I'll be asking for help. But there will be a lot more academic study than I did before. Also my brother-in-law is good for helping me out. I admire how he puts himself out there and tries to speak even though he knows he's speaking horrible. And I'll just have to remember to be thicker skinned with my wife. And I'll also have to figure out what my specific language goals will be for the challenge. If you have any suggestions for reasonable goals are I would like to hear them. Is five words a day too much, too little? Or should I learn a phrase a day? I've got the hello, good-bye, and thank you and other simple things down (in like 10 different languages). What will be really hard is learning the non-academic things like slang and more common usage. Academics always seems to go way too formal.

Viking Adventurer

When I studied Spanish we had a vocab list of about thirty words that we learned in a two to three week chapter... I'm not sure how that would correlate to Vietnamese because a lot of Spanish words are similar to English...

I would say the goal depends on how well you do... you could say a phrase a day and if that's too easy then ramp it up :) (or alternatively say ten phrases a week and go down if it's too hard? Personally I make a goal easier than I think I'll need because failure discourages me)

I hope I didn't depress you! I didn't mean too! I think you're fabulous and I wanna hear all about your successes

The evil dancing circus monkeys that live in my phone rarely let my communications come through appropriately

Spoiler

Hi hi! I found your thread because alienjenn commented on mine, I was looking for her thread, and found yours instead. Welcome to nerd fitness!!

I rad through all of your progress so far. You're cruising right along! Keep up the good work :)

For me, traveling and road trips are the worst. I tend to get off track and stay off track. Before my most recent vacation in May, I was chocolate free and rarely visited the vending machines for junk food. Over vacation, though, we ate out a lot, we drank soda, we had desserts... Now it's 3 weeks later and I'm eating m&ms, cheetohs, and drinking Dr pepper.

I'm inspired by your dedication to getting back on track, so staying today: no more chocolate, no more soda for me.

Oh! And when it comes to language, I HIGHLY suggest that you see if a Pimsleur Course is available. my husband and I are using it to learn German during our commutes. Pimsleur is different than anything else I've tried because it launches directly into useful language, instead of memorizing nouns and verbs. Some of the first lessons included introducing yourself, saying where you're from, ordering at a restaurant, asking for directions, etc. Now, I can ask/tell about family, travel, shopping, etc.

Posted from my phone, please forgive any typos

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

So I just read all your thread and I want to say that you're really inspiring. All the progress you've made is amazing and you have such dedication! 

Keep up the good work. Learning a language isn't easy, but It's so rewarding in the end. I know you can do it. :)

Make sure to keep us posted because I want to see where your fitness journey will take you!

Level  2 Gnome -who wants to be a Mermaid- Ranger

STR 5 | DEX | STA 4 | CON 3 | WIS 1 | CHA 1

Challenges:  1 |  Current Challenge: Arya Sapphire and the Majora's Mask

''Be brave enough to live life creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition.'' - Alan Alda

Just found your thread today and read through the whole thing. Wow, just... So. Much. Awesome.

And, getting back to your regular routine after a stumble - more inspirational than you know. :D Everyone "falls off the horse" once in awhile, it's the grace with which you get back on that defines you.

Posting to subscribe, please keep up the updates. :)

AnnieP (respawned)

Starting over Newbie (second time's the charm)

"Never be satisfied with anything less than absolute perfection! ...said no sane person ever." -- Spark

"And my cheese monster will never be satisfied by cheddar, only the cheese of accomplishment." -- Ze Frank, An Invocation for Beginnings(NSFW)

Current Challenge: Finding Her Joy Again;  Previous Challenge: Here We Go Again