Alternate fashion

Are there any other nerds who are interested in a alternate fashion? I would love to meet some people who are even if they aren't interested in the same one as myself.

I personal ham into lolita fashion, although I don't wear it as much as I would like, due to living in a small community.

Here's a photo of me in lolita

Posted Image

Catching them all from my iPad using tapatalk

• Like 2

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

When I mean alternate fashion, I mean things like goth, punk, stream punk, and pretty much anything that isn't main stream

Steampunk. Steampunk is my drug of choice. If I can prance around all day in corsets, goggles and boots I'm a happy camper. It's not good stuff for hiking though!

Have you been into steampunk for long?

I don't think I have a specific style, but if it's black and looks epic (and functional!) then chances are I'll want to wear it XD

Also, large boots FTW. I'll post pics of the ones I have (and the ones I want) later when I'm not at work.

Long coats? Yes plz. And large pieces of jewelry.

That is still cool though, I can't wait to see your large boots collection!

I'm a little closet gothling- I work in a big office under 'important people"- so my goth is really more in accessories rather than my main style which makes me sad- but it is what it is !!!

I do like some very steampunky stuff (seeing new pictures from Clockwork Coutoure on my FB thread is making me very happy)

Also as a bellydancer I have shiny and weird tastes :D

About 3 or 4 years. Before that I was heavy into victorian gothic.

Yea? That's so cool

I'm a little closet gothling- I work in a big office under 'important people"- so my goth is really more in accessories rather than my main style which makes me sad- but it is what it is !!!

I do like some very steampunky stuff (seeing new pictures from Clockwork Coutoure on my FB thread is making me very happy)

Also as a bellydancer I have shiny and weird tastes :D

I know the feeling, expect I work in a hardware store with a uniform, so I can't even wear accessories, even if I could, I would be too worried about damaging them somehow to wear them or that would get in the way

I'm very intensely interested in what I consider the "good version" of gothic fashion.

That basically boils down to what actually looks good on a person and what isn't just plain silly in normal daily life.

Too much of it ends up looking like this:

goth-baby--large-msg-130887061129.jpg

Very rarely is the goth look skillfully pulled off so it looks natural and graceful instead of forced and obnoxious. To me the best of gothic clothing/fashion is to first learn to dress well, period, and then to refine it in a direction until everything is "goth like," and what you're left with is a complete picture that screams "vampires and tombstones" while being objectively classy and appropriate.

So far Davey Havok is one of a very short list of people who regularly pulls this off, so he's my standing example. At least before the days when he got a rockabilly haircut, stubble and a tan, he was always very tastefully dressed within a very specific theme.

No rubber trenchcoats, no Hot Topic crap, just having awesome goth hair and wearing almost exclusively black with purple/gray/red here and there as accents.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I'm very intensely interested in what I consider the "good version" of gothic fashion.

That basically boils down to what actually looks good on a person and what isn't just plain silly in normal daily life.

Too much of it ends up looking like this:

Posted Image

Very rarely is the goth look skillfully pulled off so it looks natural and graceful instead of forced and obnoxious. To me the best of gothic clothing/fashion is to first learn to dress well, period, and then to refine it in a direction until everything is "goth like," and what you're left with is a complete picture that screams "vampires and tombstones" while being objectively classy and appropriate.

So far Davey Havok is one of a very short list of people who regularly pulls this off, so he's my standing example. At least before the days when he got a rockabilly haircut, stubble and a tan, he was always very tastefully dressed within a very specific theme.

No rubber trenchcoats, no Hot Topic crap, just having awesome goth hair and wearing almost exclusively black with purple/gray/red here and there as accents.

I have never heard of Davey Havok, I shall wonder off to google to look up what "good version" of goth looks like

I'm an oldschool rivet head and tend to still sport rivet head fashion, when not at work.

Of course, seeing that as a side job I am a Goth/Industrial music DJ in Detroit it's no wonder that I tend to look the part fairly often. ;)

• Like 1

level 4 Gnoll warrior
STR 6|DEX 5|STA 4|CON 5|WIS 5|CHA 2

Building a better Raev, part 1.

Goal: working set of 350# squat, 235# bench, 370# deadlift, 15% or lower BF%

Fix slight pelvic tilt, reinforce lower back to help disc issue

I married a lovely goth girl that was known throughout town as "That Crazy Cape Lady".  Even by my parents, before I introduced her to them. I was just a nerd, jeans and a plain-color t-shirt, and 15 years later I still am, and the pressures of parenting life have also made her dress substantially more normal, but she finds a lot of subtle little ways to goth it up.

And when she gets her occasional night out, it's makeup and corset time! :D

• Like 3

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

He's the singer for AFI. Look him up during the Sing the Sorrow or December Underground years and he's a pretty good example.

I looked him up on google images, he certainly looks like a good version of goth or at lest he does to a non goth

I married a lovely goth girl that was known throughout town as "That Crazy Cape Lady". Even by my parents, before I introduced her to them. I was just a nerd, jeans and a plain-color t-shirt, and 15 years later I still am, and the pressures of parenting life have also made her dress substantially more normal, but she finds a lot of subtle little ways to goth it up.

And when she gets her occasional night out, it's makeup and corset time! :D

It's great she can still find ways to make her outfits a bit more goth, that's something I want to do with lolita, I want to add lolita elements to my non lolita outfits but I still only have a very small wardrobe, so I can't do much without going full lolita

[...]

You might like these blogs then: 

Sea of Ghosts (she also designs/makes jewelry, pretty much all of which I want)

The Animal Orchestra

They're not necessarily super goth, but have a bit of that feel while looking classy/well-dressed/put-together.

• Like 1