Teagarden Tooting her own horn

Stuff it, I'll make the one topic for all my woots. Hah, all my woots, that's funny.

Normally I'm not one for tooting my own horn but this month - May 2014 - is 6 months since I joined Nerd Fitness and started improving my life through *gasp!* diet and exercise. Apart from coffee, it's the longest I've ever stuck to something I've changed in my life. Nothing tells a story like this one better then photos. 

Novermber 2013.
The first day I decided to exercise. I knew nothing about body fat, working out, macros, anything. But I wanted to change. 

Day One

February 2014.
The day I hit 14% Body Fat. Good times. No definition because it was all diet and I had little to no muscle at the time so I just looked skinny.

Day Twenty Nine photo 2

Earlier today. 16% Body Fat. If you're watching me during the day you will catch me stroking my abs. Abs-entmindedly. Bahahaha. Excuse my bedraggled shower hair.

6MonthsProgress2

6MonthsProgress

• Like 7

Stonie

They/Them

Currently reading: Good Omens by Terry Pratchet & Neil Gaiman

Currently playing: Outer Worlds (Xbox)

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

I can't comment, because it might seem a little pervy ;)

But, good job!

Go for your life, I'm far from being a prude :P

Stonie

They/Them

Current DnD character: A radio presenter who’s magical bardic weapon is a portable radio broadcaster’s kit

Abs-solutely fabulous! Your dedication to sticking with the changes really has paid off. You look great!

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

I'm (mostly) kidding. You do look good. I think it's not proper for me to make comments about young girls' pictures on the interwebs, though. :)

Point taken. :D My bad, I forget I'm only 22 years old. That's technically "young girl" I guess. :P 

Abs-solutely fabulous! Your dedication to sticking with the changes really has paid off. You look great!

Daww, thanks! Not gonna lie, it feels pretty good. :D

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Damn! Check out those abs! *wolf whistles*

I'll supply the pervy comments since Barfly is less than forthcoming ;) Looking absolutely amazing. Well done girl!

That's a fantastic transformation, and you should be very proud.

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Damn! Check out those abs! *wolf whistles*

I'll supply the pervy comments since Barfly is less than forthcoming ;) Looking absolutely amazing. Well done girl!

That's a fantastic transformation, and you should be very proud.

it ain't no sick pack yet, but check back in another 6 months - I might get there. :D I am pretty pleased with myself, but at the same time it's a bit like

"Well that was easy, why didn't you do that sooner?" xD

I'll freely be pervy! You're hot! Great job!!!

Bahah, thanks. My brain still thinks a bit like old-me...

"I shouldn't wear this, people might be able to see me!" whereas I know I should just be like,

"loook at all this!" But that's just not my personality. xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

I -completely- understand. It's weird how mentally, I still have the spatial awareness of a 323 lb dude. I look at booths and pants and think that there's no way I'll fit! Also, I learned from hiking and rock scrambling last weekend that my balance sucks! I think it's because my body is used to overcompensating for so much weight that no longer exists!

Our minds are weird things.

• Like 3

Moar woots! 

I braved the gym for the first time ever today; It was just cardio day so I just beelined for the (fancy!) exercise bike, but got a good look at the weights section as well in between sets. I went to the gym at the leisure centre so I could suss out the gym and get a swim in as well.

I braved the other people's judgy looks, fought the entrance and exit door buttons and won, didn't lock my stuff in the lockers, and got into a lap lane with another complete stranger. Feelin' pretty goood. :)

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

HAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, getting into a lap dance with a complete stranger is an entirely different kettle of fish. xD

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

2 minute plank achieved today. Also accrued 8 1/2 minutes of planks during my workout, although that's less of a woot and more of a woah.  

• Like 3

Stonie

They/Them

Hahah, thanks :D I re-read Steve's article on looking more confident today - I think I need to start seriously putting some of those things into practice so my perceived image and real image start to match up :P

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them

Right, I've been a complete sad sack this past month so it's probably time I recounted some of the things I've felt good about.

+ I have a job I can go to to work hard and have fun with my co-workers, who all work equally as hard as each other and have equally as much fun when we're together.

+ The house is definitely cleaner then it was a year ago. I still feel like I'm struggling to keep it clean, but being aware of it means I'm more likely to attack the problem. 

+ on that note, I am definitely more aware of my feelings and what triggers my downward spirals and I now know not to be too hard on myself.

+ I'm also more aware of when my body hurts physically and what I can do to resolve issues, like when I'm hungry I know what to eat to make myself feel better. 

+ I get almost a compliment a day on my haircut from complete strangers and customers. This is especially awesome considering I just did it to make it easier to look after. xD

+ I have actual edible plants growing in my garden that aren't totally dead, and I have some idea of how to stop them dying. Haha!

+ next month will be my 1 year Nerdiversary. I've stuck around a lot longer then I ever thought, and funnily enough, made more mental progress then anything else.

There is probably more, but dinner prep is calling my name.

• Like 6

Stonie

They/Them

AAAHHHHHHHHMG SO guys I was bouncing around on the floor with the dog - which inevitably ends in me doing yoga - and tonight felt like attempting a crow pose; sitting in a squat often makes me feel I should be able to, but I've never before managed to hold both my feet off the ground and not have my face head for the floor at the speed of gravity. 

Well the dog and I played for a bit tonight and I attempted a crow pose. 

And held it. 

Multiple times! Only for 2-3 seconds a time, but still long enough to pause without wobbling and without fear of falling. For the tiniest of moments. xD 

I attempted a crow pose about 6 weeks ago (week 1 of last challenge), and had trouble even getting both feet off the ground without faceplanting. This is an actual, physical improvement!

I AM STRONGER NAO! RAAARH!

• Like 4

Stonie

They/Them

Thanks guys! I'm not looking so ab-y at the moment because I'm not tracking food = few more kgs on my stomach, bahaha! But If I can do cool things like that then I'm not complaining :D

• Like 1

Stonie

They/Them