Quit Smoking!

Congratulations to everyone who has quit.  I know the struggle only too well.  Pack+/day over about 18 years on average with multiple stop-starts.  I finally kicked it and have been off of them for 5+ years.  It's still a struggle as I have several friends who are still smokers.  There are still situations that I have to be where I have to be very careful (bars and parties are two killers).  I just have to remember what it was like when I did, and how I feel after I've been exposed to it for an extended period of time to keep me on track, but it is still hard.  

Just keep pushing, and don't give up.  

• Like 2

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

I just finished the book, wow you guys were spot on. By the time I was halfway through I couldn't wait to stop smoking! This is the first time I smoked my "last" cigarette and was happy to end it so I am feeling very positive about this.

Positive feelings are so important to quitting.  I think maybe even more important than the desire to quit.  Just keep on.  It isn't easy but you can do it.  I'm rooting for you too!

Level 1 - Were-gator

STR .8 | STA 3.1 | DEX .9 | CON .7 | WIS 2 | CHA .9

1st Challenge

Main goal - 12/15/14 - Get to 175 pounds from 195 pounds.  Currently at 184.5

52.5%
52.5%

No soda challenge - 12/15/14 - 99 days and counting to 180.

55%
55%

"Stop beating yourself up.  You are a work in progress; which means you get there a little at a time, not all at once." - unknown

I just finished the book, wow you guys were spot on. By the time I was halfway through I couldn't wait to stop smoking! This is the first time I smoked my "last" cigarette and was happy to end it so I am feeling very positive about this.

I love it! I felt the exact same way. Next April it'll be 3 years for me, I hope you'll manage the same in that regard, too!

How about a glass of purgatory with a splash of heaven?

You mean the people who say "just stop"..and have no idea what it feels like to quit an addiction..those people?

Oh those types. Just like those who tell depression sufferers to 'get over it already'. They don't know what to do about it, so they tell us to shut up because we're making them uncomfortable with our issues. Excuse me for trusting you with my vulnerabilities.

*shrug*

Current form: Chubby House Cat (lvl4)

Weight objective: 20%

S. 4 P. 6 E. 4 C. 7 I. 8 A. 4 L. 5

Battle log

Current Challenge

Handy linky.