Pics. A little over a year and thanks to a Whole30 I now see major results. s

As the caption states I have been at this weight loss, no life alteration, for a little over a year. Now, I could easily tell I was on the right track as my pants kept falling down and when I would wear a belt it looked like I had extra pleats in my shorts/jeans. Now, I can where a belt that my dad made me when I got back from Afghanistan a decade ago. 

At the beginning of my journey I weighed in at 265 lbs and this point I have dropped to 205. Now, that alone is impressive since I haven't weighed sub 220 in almost a decade. On the 1st of May my wife and I started a Whole30. Now, those before and after show some major differences in my eyes. You be the judge

post-15186-0-13295200-1401557013_thumb.p

post-15186-0-47913800-1401557017_thumb.p

• Like 8

Level 3 - Ranger

Current Challenge: At It Again!

Wow - awesome results!!!  And how do you FEEL?

• Like 1

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

My wife has seen similar results for sure. I may even go as far as to say better results.

I feel fairly good, but the biggest take away I have found in all this is now I can actually taste my food. Not that before I couldn't but after years of living the normal sugar/processed diet and even a year of 80% paleo, but without anything to overload my taste buds I could really enjoy food. Some of things I have eaten over the last month I didn't like prior, but now that my brain isn't craving sugar I do.

• Like 3

Level 3 - Ranger

Current Challenge: At It Again!

Huge difference! Excellent progress dude, thanks for sharing! ;-) Keep rocking!

p.s. We weighed exactly the same amount at our max capacity! Nice to see a fellow rebel on that same fat-burning battlefield... ;-) Well done again!

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

My wife has seen similar results for sure. I may even go as far as to say better results.

I feel fairly good, but the biggest take away I have found in all this is now I can actually taste my food. Not that before I couldn't but after years of living the normal sugar/processed diet and even a year of 80% paleo, but without anything to overload my taste buds I could really enjoy food. Some of things I have eaten over the last month I didn't like prior, but now that my brain isn't craving sugar I do.

That's really interesting... Our goal right now (we're in transition) is to do 80% paleo... It's so hard!! 

What was your favorite or go-to breakfast?  Eggs are probably out, so what's the next best thing?

Aminarra, level 2 Ranger

Main Quest: Stay Focused!

No, YOU'RE awesome.

Battle Log | Current Challenge

STR 2|DEX 1|STA 2|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 4

Uhm, no offense but... You're wearing the same clothes and all that's different is that there's a doll in the... thingie and you're standing with a better posture.

PLEASE don't get me wrong if those are actual before and afters but... you're fucking with us right?

"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." - W. Faulkner

Nicely Done!

I have had pretty similar success (weight loss plateau, then whole30, then things get moving again), doesn't it just feel awesome?!?  Good to know one can make progress after a pause.  It amazes me how sweet grapes are to me now. I can only have a few :P

The program is no easy feet, so great job to you and your wife for sticking to it!