Which food makes you feel healthier?

There are food that is good for our body, there are others that aren't...

We eat (or try to) healthy, but there is always a favorite meal. 

I like potato because it fills my stomach so I have the feeling I have my body full of fuel.

DBCnYaf.png

I'm also trying to eat raw onion to see if it makes me feel healthier and I'd like to hear other experiences.

Which food makes you feel healthier, harder, better, faster, stronger?

Captain Crunch with skim milk is my latest. Anything that can fuel me picking up a heavy ass bar makes me feel exceptionally healthy.

• Like 2

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Why skim?

Oh, are you cutting?

I don't need the extra calories from the fat of whole milk even now that I'm not cutting. Piling on the carbs in it's place makes a lot more sense for me.

• Like 2

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

Salmon.  Or seafood in general - but salmon is probably my favorite.

It's utterly delicious - one of my favorite foods - and it's undeniably healthy: plenty of protein, omega 3's, etc. - and as a bonus I find fish is the "lightest" and quickest digesting of the various protein sources out there.

Generally speaking, fish + rice (or possibly potatoes) is my go-to meal for feeling/performing my best - i.e. what I eat the night before any kind of event where I'm trying to maximize my performance.

"Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the first necessity of progress. Show me a thoroughly satisfied man-and I will show you a failure." -Thomas Edison

Eggs are great, as is greek yoghurt. Bananas are also tasty and a salad with some type of fish also makes me feel healthy. 

I'm pretty sure I single stomach-ly deplete my grocery store's Greek yogurt.

I was at the market  a few weeks ago with my partner and there was a sale on Greek Yogurt... I bought 6-500ml tubs, and she said " Don't you worry it will go bad?"

HA! A week later back at the store for round 2!

Oh yeah totally this! Coconut Chobani is sooooo good

Seems greek yogurt is the winner here :D

Salmon.  Or seafood in general - but salmon is probably my favorite.

It's utterly delicious - one of my favorite foods - and it's undeniably healthy: plenty of protein, omega 3's, etc. - and as a bonus I find fish is the "lightest" and quickest digesting of the various protein sources out there.

Generally speaking, fish + rice (or possibly potatoes) is my go-to meal for feeling/performing my best - i.e. what I eat the night before any kind of event where I'm trying to maximize my performance.

10349654_285743244930721_826509518_n.jpg

rice+salmon.... in rolls? :D

I like sushi, it also makes me feel I eat healthy.

Also raw salon (with soy sauce), do you eat it raw?

Probably raw stuff. Carrot, cucumber, apples, greens, figs, berries, delicious raw nut butters.

Also really high quality butter in general. Put it on anything and it takes the meal to the next level.

I am eating a lot of raw onion recently, just for the sake of feel that I'm eating it raw

Milk. I was never much of a milk drinker when I was younger. Then I figured out that I was lactose intolerant. Lactose free milk has a weird taste for the most part so I still didn't drink it. Then I found non-homogenized milk at our local dairy and since I had read that some LI people can tolerate raw milk I figured I'd try it. It's not the same thing (the milk I drink is pasteurized) but, lo and behold, I can drink it without any problem. It's a super easy source of protein and tastes good and I love that the cream separates so sometimes I get a nice blob of it in my glass. Yum.

• Like 1

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

OMG sushi.

Also, I just sucked it up and bought a tub of plain Greek yogurt yesterday for the first time ever. We'll see how it goes!

I thought I was the only one hahaha, I got to know it exist when I started looking for fitness stuff, I'll buy one once I'm in the market :)

Milk. I was never much of a milk drinker when I was younger. Then I figured out that I was lactose intolerant. Lactose free milk has a weird taste for the most part so I still didn't drink it. Then I found non-homogenized milk at our local dairy and since I had read that some LI people can tolerate raw milk I figured I'd try it. It's not the same thing (the milk I drink is pasteurized) but, lo and behold, I can drink it without any problem. It's a super easy source of protein and tastes good and I love that the cream separates so sometimes I get a nice blob of it in my glass. Yum.

I was also LI, I never liked raw milk,but powdered milk was great. I tried raw goat milk and didn't like it.Soy milk was nice but wasn't the same. I ended up not drinking milk and got used to it, then years later,I realized I was able to drink any kind of milk, but anyways I don't drink really a lot because I got used to don't

I know what is to be LI, so i'm glad you found a way to drink milk bro! 

Whenever I consume tasty woodland critters, I always feel healthy!!!  Specifically the ones I killed myself.

Nothing better than tasty woodland critters!!!

• Like 1

"A sharp knife is nothing without a sharp eye" - Koloth

"Ya can't grill it until ya kill it" - Uncle Ted

"If it ain't Metal...IT'S CRAP!!!" - Dee Snider

Whenever I consume tasty woodland critters, I always feel healthy!!!  Specifically the ones I killed myself.

Nothing better than tasty woodland critters!!!

Seconded

My training log

Spoiler

"A trip to the hospital"

I like to eat a lot of vegetables. It makes me feel healthy and feel better about myself. I buy big packets of frozen vegetables, which usually contain three satchels of veggies I can microwave. The ones I get are broccoli, beans and carrots. I usually have the veggies twice a day with tuna (two cans of 95g tuna). I eat four cans of tuna a day too. 

I also like to have high fibre cereal with Almond's milk for breakfast. Basically helps keep my insides running, if you know what I mean.

I try to eat healthily Monday to Friday, then on the weekend I just generally eat whatever I want as a way to relax and have fun. 

Smoked salmon always makes me feel really good. Maybe because of the omega 3's.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5

10349654_285743244930721_826509518_n.jpg

rice+salmon.... in rolls? :D

I like sushi, it also makes me feel I eat healthy.

Also raw salmon (with soy sauce), do you eat it raw?

I absolutely love sushi. I like tuna and salmon sashimi as well. I make my own sushi rolls sometimes with crab, avocado, cream cheese, and jalapeno inside nd smoked salmon with dynamite sauce and eel sauce on top. Also good with a little bacon inside and tuna.

I really like very lightly seared tuna with lemon juice, fresh pressed ginger, and soy sauce.

Goal weight: 135 lbs (61.2 kg), Starting weight: 200 lbs (90.7 kg)

Current Weight: 196.6 lbs (89.2 kg)

5.2%
5.2%

Battle Log | Challenge

The chronicles of my journey through mental illness.

The Stories Not Told

Break the silence. Fight the stigmas. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

Level 2 Half-Elf

|STR| 4 |DEX| |STA| |CON| |WIS| |CHA| 5