Which food makes you feel healthier?

gonna be a douche and say coke. my body feels more alive after a coke. yes im aware this is a bad thing.

that and chillies and lemons. eat raw chilli, chase with lemon, feel unstoppable.

I led off with Captain Crunch. It isn't much of a leap to ice cold glass bottle Coke. As for the raw chile and lemon, are we talking jalapeno, habanero, or somewhere in the middle?

My training log

Spoiler

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (USS), April 16th Contest report

Hudson Valley Strongman presents Lift for Autism (NAS), April 18th Contest report

Eighth Annual Vis Vires Outdoor Strongman Competition (Unsanctioned), August 1st Contest report

"What's the difference between an injury that you train around and an injury that you train through?"

"A trip to the hospital"

I like to eat a lot of vegetables. It makes me feel healthy and feel better about myself. I buy big packets of frozen vegetables, which usually contain three satchels of veggies I can microwave. The ones I get are broccoli, beans and carrots. I usually have the veggies twice a day with tuna (two cans of 95g tuna). I eat four cans of tuna a day too. 

I'd be concerned about the mercury content in that much tuna if that's what you eat most days... I mean, there's not often a limit discussed for men, but they're also not figuring that many people are eating 4 cans per day. One can per day is probably a reasonable amount for a man.

http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/consumers/life-events-and-food/pregnancy/fish-and-mercury-faqs/#.U8XXxfldUgI

"None of us can choose to be perfect, but all of us can choose to be better." - Lou Schuler, New Rules of Lifting for Women

I'd be concerned about the mercury content in that much tuna if that's what you eat most days... I mean, there's not often a limit discussed for men, but they're also not figuring that many people are eating 4 cans per day. One can per day is probably a reasonable amount for a man.

http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/consumers/life-events-and-food/pregnancy/fish-and-mercury-faqs/#.U8XXxfldUgI

You might be interested in looking up how selenium might cancel out the mercury in fish, there is still some studying that needs to be done though... http://www.foodtrients.com/news-page/health/toxic-tuna-does-selenium-cancel-out-methyl-mercury/

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

An entire Chinese eggplant sliced and baked with a little olive oil and sea salt.  Delicious, filling, and not full of crap.  Every time I eat one, I feel great!

🎪current challenge🎪

challenge archive: 19181716 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

instagram | goodreads

"Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world." - Voltaire

I absolutely love sushi. I like tuna and salmon sashimi as well. I make my own sushi rolls sometimes with crab, avocado, cream cheese, and jalapeno inside nd smoked salmon with dynamite sauce and eel sauce on top. Also good with a little bacon inside and tuna.

I really like very lightly seared tuna with lemon juice, fresh pressed ginger, and soy sauce.

Sashimi is really nice too :)

That's good you make your own sushi, I'm lazy to do it :P

gonna be a douche and say coke. my body feels more alive after a coke. yes im aware this is a bad thing.

that and chillies and lemons. eat raw chilli, chase with lemon, feel unstoppable.

Okay, that's absolutely a no no for me. I'm trying to avoid coke.

Avocado, raw spinach, grilled chicken, mushrooms, peppers (usually habaneros) and onions is my feel amazing go to salad. 

Almond milk with peanut butter granola and strawberries is my feel awesome breakfast, I'm not sure what I'll do once strawberries go out of season again :( 

Sushi is also something I'm a huge fan of, esp. the new veggie garden rolls I've discovered at Wegmans :D 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

meat and hot peppers (habanero and up) for power, but for health mostly raw vegetables, grapefruit, kiwi, ginger, and my home brewed milk kefir, water kefirs and kombucha.

I just started doing kombucha, would be very interested for you to post your own protocol. I'm still hammering the kinks out of mine. 

Kombucha is excellent.

Oh and just to chime in again, the food that makes me feel healthiest is definitely fasting. No comparison.

[ Babby's Ferst Challenge ]

Veganism killed my gainz

Chasing 15 rep 2xBW deadlift

I just started doing kombucha, would be very interested for you to post your own protocol. I'm still hammering the kinks out of mine. 

Kombucha is excellent.

Oh and just to chime in again, the food that makes me feel healthiest is definitely fasting. No comparison.

I heat the water to boiling temp and lower the flames, toss in the tea leaves (50/50 green tea and oolong tea, because different teas have different nutrients), and boil them on low flames for 5 minutes to release the max of nitrogen, and leave covered for at least 20 minutes. It hurts the antioxidants, but I drink normal green tea also, so that's not an issue.

After straining the tea leaves I add sugar into tea until it's at 10% (100g for 1l of liquid), and a pinch of salt (NaCl or MgCl). I cool the tea by leaving the pot in the sink full of cold water, and then when it's the same temperature as the already brewed kombucha I bottle the brewed kombucha, fish out scoby on a plate, wash and rinse the jars, add back 2-3 fingers of old brew, add the new tea and try to keep the scoby from sinking. I rinse the scoby also, to remove the decaying layer, and since scoby grows only in contact with air I try to keep it from sinking in the new mix. If it sinks new scoby will form an it's not a problem, just slows the process down a bit.

Now that you have bottled the kombucha you can play aroung adding different things to the secondary fermentation stage.

Citrus and ginger work great, I'll try some dried fruits also.

STR: 2 / DEX: 2 / STA: 3 / CON: 2 / WIS: 3 / CHA: 3

PanHEMAphiliac.

Salads! More, the salads I make myself; restaurant salads make me go :| My favorite is spinach with strawberries and sliced almonds, but I also love eating my current salad of choice, which is mixed greens with cherub tomatoes, feta, and walnuts.

Vicki | Sheikah Bard | Level 13

STR 32.5 | DEX 51.1 | STA 25.5 | CON 37.1 | WIS 26.0 | CHA 31.3

blkhoe24601 Gains the Power to Revolutionize the World

Past Challenges: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13

2016 Battle Log