What did you achieve today? Share!

I don't know if a thread like this already exists so I apologize for my ignorance if there already is one. This thread is sort of inspired by the "Overheard in the gym - Share!" thread. I thought it would be cool and inspiring to see what others have achieved, whether it's in the gym, sports, martial arts, hobbies, health and fitness goals or even other goals you might have. Share what you've achieved and let's make this a positive thread. :) 

I achieved something yesterday. I reached a new maximum dead lift yesterday, pulling 170kg (374Ibs). My previous best about three months ago, was 140kg (308Ibs).

This Monday coming I will be attempting a new maximum squat of 140kg (308Ibs) with my previous best being 120kg (264Ibs). :) 

• Like 1

I read this post yesterday, after returning from a bike ride. It was the first ride I've done in 2 weeks that I have been able to try pushing my self after hitting my head and getting a exertion headache. The ride itself went really well, a great pace, weather cooperated with keeping it cool for July. Checked my RunKeeper after getting home and I was 0:08 seconds off my best time for that route.

I was a little down on myself as to where I could have made up those 8 seconds. Thinking of all the wasted seconds here and there, but justified it by the rational of : "Hey, it's ok, you weren't exactly racing."

So I read this after that ride, and today I was just inspired by it. After work, with the plan in mind of getting a PR on a much more difficult route. Laced up, cut all unnessisary weight, even wore my orange racing glasses. 

Ripped it hard the whole way; charging hills, even kept up with a other fully spec'ed out guy on a much nicer bike. No wasted time anywhere, under a minute snack break halfway of the 29km route. I felt good pulling into home, and pulling out my phone to check my time.

-0.01 off my personal best. I missed it by One Second! Nothing was wasted, all I had was left on the road, and it was still not enough.

But then I looked through the stats. I had 6 of the 29km paced at over 30 KM/h. That is crazy fast for me. My top speed, in an area that was not a hill was 36KM/h! I was killing this ride...and that's how I'll remember it. No PR today, but damn was it a good ride.

Thanks for the inspiration dude, I'll be back soon with a PR to put down.

• Like 3

Currently lost in Fitness.

I like that. Excel-Fu. :) 

I managed to get that new one rep max I wanted for squats today at the gym. Scored a 140kg (308Ib) squat today! I tried it a week ago but I couldn't do it due to a hip injury, so I took the week off to rest, tried again today and I claimed it! :)

I have done 5 more attempts at hitting a PR. Hard runs in the sun, 5k's 10k's, deadlifts, long rides, pushups...With nothing to show aside from close finishes.

It was getting heart breaking, had my fitness peaked? Was this whole journey over the hill on a downward slide back to mediocrity? 

Refusing to accept failure I set up for one last attempt. A trip to the smaller Island, for a weekend at the cabin with my partner and her parents. What can only be described as the nicest place in BC, which is without a doubt the nicest province in Canada.

GLkLMPj.png 

Blasted past my previous average speed of 26.09km/h.

It was a glorious ride, I could tell half way through that it was mine. Riding with the confidence of a man who knows that he is doing it I charged up the last hill to look down at my phone and let out a triumphant cheer.

Then, there was pie.

It was a good weekend.  

• Like 2

Currently lost in Fitness.