5 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

I am comfortable with kilos or pounds. I'm even wrapping my head around stone!

(neither here nor there but I voted for Hillary. Now counting down the days to impeachment)

I love your posts and find them super inspiring. The only bad thing I can say about you is you always beat me on step challenges! Grrr!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Sorry for sinking into grouchiness the past few days!

18 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

My body hates me today. Blown up like a balloon and weight has rocketed. I'm really, really hoping that it's just salt/hormone bloat and it'll drop out soon. :( 

On top of that, I've got low-level DOMS all over and I'm tired and it a crappy mood.

*passes the ibuprofen*

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

Monday 23 January:

BW: 66.1kg (ARGH!)

Sumo technique work (3-2-0-3): 70kg x3x6

Squats:

(20kg x5)

(50kg x5)

(80kg x5)

(100kg x3)

(110kg x1)

(120kg x1)

127.5kg x1x2 (First one was high, second one broke me)

105kg x6, x4

Strained something in my left glute on the second single at 127.5kg so had to stop the volume squats and go home. I'm feeling pretty miserable about it, to be honest, and I'm off to see the physiotherapist this morning.

It's about a year since the major glute issue last year and I'm just praying that this isn't something similar. :( 

• Like 1
On 1/23/2017 at 3:39 AM, SpecialSundae said:

Thanks. Sorry for sinking into grouchiness the past few days!

I think we all have days/weeks like that.

16 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Strained something in my left glute on the second single at 127.5kg so had to stop the volume squats and go home. I'm feeling pretty miserable about it, to be honest, and I'm off to see the physiotherapist this morning.

It's about a year since the major glute issue last year and I'm just praying that this isn't something similar. :( 

It better not be. Take care of yourself!

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretzky." - Michael Scott.

20 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

Fingers crossed that all goes well!

14 hours ago, ixaera said:

D:

My glute keeps giving me the finger too, I hope yours is well quickly

7 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

I think we all have days/weeks like that.

It better not be. Take care of yourself!

Okay, so I spent about an hour and a half with the physio yesterday doing a full work up on my back and glute. I got a 7/9 Beighton score (which supports my theory that I'm probably hypermobile and that it's possibly why I have so many issues with over-use injuries) and there are some flexibility imbalances which may be exacerbating issues (internal vs external rotation on my hips). All in all it was really insightful but couldn't really give a precise reason for the pain I'd been hit by so I'm doing a bit of a deload for the next week and only doing lower body if it doesn't hurt plus some stretches and mobility exercises to keep going on with. :)

Went in and did the missing bench stuff last night to make up for going home on Monday.

Tuesday 24 January:

BW: 65.2kg

Bench:

(20kg x10)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x3)

(70kg x1)

75kg x1 RPE 7ish but didn't want to push it

65kg x5x6

Then home to pass out.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Haven't been posting much because I've been feeling really down about this injury and about my weight.

I feel like every time I'm starting to get somewhere with lifting that I break and it all goes downhill. I get that I'm never going to be world champion, but getting back to making progress would nice nice!

I am just a lil babby at lifting, but I'm right there with you. I busted something bad and won't be squatting or deadlifting for an unknown while :( Honestly, it's recurring for me, just this time was about 5x worse than any other and this time didn't even appear mid-lift, but 24 hours after some easy squats :/ Just found out today the MRI showed a bulging disc and some arthritis (what??? I thought that was for the olds!!!)

It really IS demoralizing :( I hadn't even gotten back to where I was with squats from the last time yet, it's real dumb, I definitely relate in that respect. Though, I think it must be even worse for someone who is significantly stronger. Here's hoping for rapid heals