DefADwarf's Daily Battle

Complete SuperN00b, here, checking in.  First. Bodyweight. Workout. Complete.   :pride:

Exhausted?  Yes.

Sore?  Will report back tomorrow.

Major modifications? You betcha.

Room to improve?  Duh.

But, I did it.  And I'll do it again Thursday and Saturday. . . thanks to NF's mad crazy support, I feel like I can.   :peaceful:

Levelling up one girlie push up at a time. .  .

“This is your life and its ending one moment at a time.† - Tyler Durden

First Challenge  - LGN!

STR - 0 | DEX - 0 | STA - 0 | CON - 0 | WIS - 0 | CHA - 0 

Didn't make it Thursday due to shredded quads.  Did it today (Saturday) and got 'er done!  Did it in a fasted state, too.   :redface-new:

Monday, I start my first challenge, and Tuesday is the next workout.  As long as I get in two per week to start, I'm feelin' fine!

First Challenge  - LGN!

Oohhh, sore from yesterday's BBW workout.  Took it a little easy on my quads because I shredded them Tuesday.  Now my arms/back are shredded.  I guess that'll be the sequence while I'm doing BBW twice a week - heavy legs one day, heavy arms/back the next.  I can dig it. 

First Challenge  - LGN!

Hot, hot, hot flippin' thunder thighs - it's hot right now.  Probably because I just finished my Tuesday Workout!!!!   W00t!  

Two lessons learned today from my workout:

1.  Never. Skimp. On. The. Warmup.  I didn't warm up enough and sucked assets through my first set (thus wasting it).  

2.  Hydrate adequately before and during your workout.

3.  Bonus lesson - wear wicking shorts/t-shirt when it's so flippin hot out.  

Take home - treat your workout with the respect it deserves.  It's not there to ruin your day.  It's there to make sure you have many, many more healthy and productive days ahead of you. 

First Challenge  - LGN!

First 5 days are over with, and I'm feelin' fine.  Weekends get a little screwy because I'm not on my schedule, so this will be a real test. However, there is good food in the house - very little junk food, and that's the province of Teenaged Boy.  

Funny how my forays into the middle aisles of the grocery store have gotten rare and for targeted items like coffee or tea.  I've turned into a perimeter shopper!  

Alas, I've come to the realization that, even though I'm eating 80% paleo, I still have to count / reduce my caloric intake.  I need to be eating paleo at a caloric deficit.  This is not a major problem, because I can swap out the last vestiges of dairy for piles of veggies and some additional fruit.  Veggies = full belly.  Repeat ad nauseum.  I was starving before my birthday dinner out last night, so I plowed through about 3 cups of cole slaw.  I wasn't hungry for my dinner out so ordered off the appetizer menu.  Win!  

Little victories, y'all. . . 

First Challenge  - LGN!

Daily Battle Logs will be temporarily suspended during Challenges - too much writing, not enough working out.   :smilet-digitalpoint

First Challenge  - LGN!