Long time dieter first time nerd fighter.

Hello,

I'm kitsu and I'm from the uk. I'm 5'4" and approximately 14stone. I've been on and off diets for the past ten years with varying degrees of success. My most successful being low carb options. I was diagnosed with ibs about a year ago (which I think revealed itself because of low carbing) and right now I'm at the heaviest that I've even been. A random stranger asked me if I was pregnant on Monday (I'm not) and that was the final straw, I'm going to use the anger I felt at that woman and turn it into to willpower to change myself.

My weaknesses are ice cream and other people eating nice things. I can't have moderation, I'm better removing all temptation.

I've been trying to follow primal eating since Monday, and I've been keeping up to date with my ten minute walks, today I'm going to attempt the beginners work out (wish me luck)

I've looked at the classes and I'm leaning towards ranger/assassin because they sound like a lot of fun.

That's all about me.

I hope to make a lot of friends here and become half the woman I am today!

RACE: Half Elf

ATTRIBUTES: STR 1.6 STA 1.55 DEX .8 CON 1 WIS 1.6 CHA .5

CLASS: Assassin

LOG:Kitsu' Log
CHALLENGE

QUOTE: 

“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.†
― Arthur C. Clarke

“Mocking a woman is like drinking too much wine. It may be fun for a short time, but the hangover is hell.†
― Brandon Sanderson

Welcome! I've also struggled with my weight for years. That's awful what that woman said to you. Even if you were pregnant, it's not a complete stranger's business. I've been asked that too but it was always by young kids who don't know better. An adult, though? Should definitely know better. People can really suck sometimes.

I'm like you in that moderation doesn't work. Over the weekend I threw away anything and everything in my kitchen that could be a problem so that all I'm left with are proteins and veggies. Hopefully someday I can reintroduce some of those other things but for right now it's not worth the risk.

Good luck with the work out and let us know how it goes!

Unapologetic

Level 1 Time Lord

~hoping to regenerate into someone new~

Intro First Challenge

Lose 200 pounds

17.6%
17.6%

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa the bad things don’t necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant.

-Eleventh Doctor

Welcome! I've also struggled with my weight for years. That's awful what that woman said to you. Even if you were pregnant, it's not a complete stranger's business. I've been asked that too but it was always by young kids who don't know better. An adult, though? Should definitely know better. People can really suck sometimes.

I'm like you in that moderation doesn't work. Over the weekend I threw away anything and everything in my kitchen that could be a problem so that all I'm left with are proteins and veggies. Hopefully someday I can reintroduce some of those other things but for right now it's not worth the risk.

Good luck with the work out and let us know how it goes!

Some people do suck, so i tr to surround myself with ones that don't suck ^^

I wish i could throw everything out but I'm living with my boyfriend's parents, all the bad stuff is still there but i'm just going cold turkey on it.  

I managed to complete the workout, but it was not easy. I ache everywhere today >< I'm hoping that's a good sign though. I've also been swimming (flailing) in the sea the past couple of days which is really fun but tiring.

If we stick together we can kick ass! 

Welcome to Nerd Fitness Kitsu

I'm another one for the cold turkey approach to food, it's all in or nothing right?

Yup! :D no half assed compromises here.

Welcome! And good luck with your workout today, hope it went well and you can continue with it.

Thank you it went OK. I'm glad that  was able to do the whole thing without collapsing on the floor (though i very nearly did!) 

CHALLENGE

QUOTE: 

“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.†
― Arthur C. Clarke

“Mocking a woman is like drinking too much wine. It may be fun for a short time, but the hangover is hell.†
― Brandon Sanderson

Hey Kitsu!

I'm a newbie too...

Great to hear that you are taking action, and hope that you're recovering from that workout! 

I'm down 25 pounds since the new year.  I think that is 2 1/2 stone?

Anyway, the number one thing that has helped me is drinking enough water each and everyday...get some water bottles and start drinking!  It helps with energy for workouts, and keeps me feeling full.  I know personally I don't snack at night if I've drank all my water during the day...

Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to an update!

Mike

Hello and welcome.  I signed up to the forums today too, and I'm also from the UK.  My wife is a little like you in approach, it has to be an all or nothing for her, but at the same time she can also give in a little too easily to temptation.  I'm currently trying to get her here too.  Anyway, hope that you're able to achieve your goals and have fun doing it.

Hey Kitsu!

I'm a newbie too...

Great to hear that you are taking action, and hope that you're recovering from that workout! 

I'm down 25 pounds since the new year.  I think that is 2 1/2 stone?

Anyway, the number one thing that has helped me is drinking enough water each and everyday...get some water bottles and start drinking!  It helps with energy for workouts, and keeps me feeling full.  I know personally I don't snack at night if I've drank all my water during the day...

Best of luck, and I'm looking forward to an update!

Mike

Nice to meet you Mike, 

2 and a half stone is really awesome I hope i have as much success too. I'm pretty good on my water consumption, I do like my morning coffee though, there are somethings we just cannot quit. 

Thank you I'll do my best. 

Hello and welcome.  I signed up to the forums today too, and I'm also from the UK.  My wife is a little like you in approach, it has to be an all or nothing for her, but at the same time she can also give in a little too easily to temptation.  I'm currently trying to get her here too.  Anyway, hope that you're able to achieve your goals and have fun doing it.

Where in the UK? I'm up in Newcastle for the summer which is pretty nice. You should get your wife to join too! you could have some friendly competition between you both. I know what you mean about temptation, If its there then I rationalize that its best to eat it all and then its gone and i wont be tempted. >.< 

CHALLENGE

QUOTE: 

― Arthur C. Clarke

― Brandon Sanderson

We're in Cheshire, just South of Manchester.  It'd be great for her to join, then it wouldn't just be me trying to keep her on track.  Not sure if it would be so much of a friendly competition, she's got a mean competitive streak.  Having said that though, our goals are different.  She wants to drop weight and slim down and so needs to eat better/less, and I want to get bigger, stronger and more muscular, so need to eat more.

We're in Cheshire, just South of Manchester.  It'd be great for her to join, then it wouldn't just be me trying to keep her on track.  Not sure if it would be so much of a friendly competition, she's got a mean competitive streak.  Having said that though, our goals are different.  She wants to drop weight and slim down and so needs to eat better/less, and I want to get bigger, stronger and more muscular, so need to eat more.

Competitiveness is good for weight loss. When i was at the gym i got into a rowing competition with the guy in the next machine, he didn't know it was a competition, but i won! I dont think it matters if you have different goals but being able to support each other will be good. My BF supports me by eating chocolate that I don't like. XD Also Cheshire? that s pretty awesome I used to live in Ashton Under Lyne, a dive if you have been there but there are worse places to live. 

Great to hear you love to drink your water...you just may want to google 'How much water should I drink'

I know I'm suppose to have 4 litres per day...and that is without any extra physical activity or caffeine... 

Best of luck!

wow that's a lot! I googled it and it said I should have 3, I doubt that i drink that much though. 

CHALLENGE

QUOTE: 

― Arthur C. Clarke

― Brandon Sanderson

Cheshire? that s pretty awesome I used to live in Ashton Under Lyne, a dive if you have been there but there are worse places to live

I know what you mean about Ashton, wasn't too fond of it.  There are way worse places, my wide lived in Salford when she was at uni, that wasn't great.  I've got a friend from Blackpool, that really is just a pit of sorrow and despair.