Scale Back: PB v Grizzy Weight Loss PvP [July 28-October 4]

Attention: This is a closed participation PvP.

Participants:

photo-thumb-14266.jpg?_r=1387841614Phoenix Burning

photo-thumb-11038.png?_r=1370047536Grizzy

hunger-games.jpg

The mission, if you accept it, is to lose the most weight, in pounds, by the end date of October 4th from the start date of July 28th (10 weeks).  Weigh-ins to be taken every Monday (until 10/4, which is a Saturday).  You may use whatever SAFE means of weight loss is suitable to you.  Good luck!

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Journey before Destination

PHOENIX'S EQUALLY SUPER-FANTASTIC WEIGH-IN!!!

WEIGHT: 157.6 pounds!!!  (Up a pound from yesterday.  Stupid weekend eating)

MEASUREMENTS:

NECK: 13.25

ARMS: 12 in

CHEST: 40 in (I didn't want to measure this one.  Reduction in this area is only depressing.)

WAIST*:  (Natural waist) 35 in; (@Navel) 40 in; (the postpartum belly) 43.75 in

HIPS: 41.75 in

THIGH: 23.75 in

*Why do I take 3 abdominal measurements, you ask?  A pretty hourglass figure is a ratio of chest to natural waist to hips, the @navel measurement is for pant size, and the horrifying belly measurement is the one I most desperately want to reduce.  Plus, I don't know which one you took and we should be clear if we are comparing.

Challenge accepted!!!!!

original.gif

Post script:  May I say you have an amazing figure?  You have such a tiny waist.  I think hourglass is so sexy.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

PHOENIX'S EQUALLY SUPER-FANTASTIC WEIGH-IN!!!

WEIGHT: 157.6 pounds!!! (Up a pound from yesterday. Stupid weekend eating)

MEASUREMENTS:

CHEST: 40 in (I didn't want to measure this one. Reduction in this area is only depressing.)

WAIST*: (Natural waist) 35 in; (@Navel) 40 in; (the postpartum belly) 43.75 in

*Why do I take 3 abdominal measurements, you ask? A pretty hourglass figure is a ratio of chest to natural waist to hips, the @navel measurement is for pant size, and the horrifying belly measurement is the one I most desperately want to reduce. Plus, I don't know which one you took and we should be clear if we are comparing.

Challenge accepted!!!!!

original.gif

Post script: May I say you have an amazing figure? You have such a tiny waist. I think hourglass is so sexy.

The measurement is for my natural waist. I can certainly add the measurement at my belly button. It's certainly bigger there.

Thank you for the complement!

The measurement is for my natural waist. I can certainly add the measurement at my belly button. It's certainly bigger there.

Thank you for the complement!

You don't have to if you don't want to.  We can just compare the natural waist measurement, and I will just track the other two for my own benefit.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

It's easy to gloss over one's achievements while bewailing one's failures in the weight loss battle.  So, I'm taking this opportunity to crow:  I refused to bow down to the Queen of Dairy, even though it was 102 degrees with the heat index and a DQ Blizzard would have been tasty and refreshing.  Go me!

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I had another opportunity to fail Tuesday night, but I did pretty well, I think.  I did indulge in some ice cream, BUT when my husband goes fishing I usually use that as an excuse to vent my stress/loneliness in a huge binge.  This time, I made a better choice.  I treated my self a (home) pedicure and massage via foam roller.  This is an awesome breakthrough for me.

Wednesday I made cookies and probably should have stopped at two, but I ate my two and then what was left of my son's two after he ate all the chocolate chips out of them.  o.0

I hope you are having a great time in Montreal!

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I think I ate my weight in peanut butter cookies today.  However, shortly afterward I had a sort of epiphany about why I have gained back so much of the weight I lost last year (and no, not because I eat my weight in cookies...well, not only because of that).  I can trace it back to one pivotal moment with one careless sentence from my mother that sort of dashed my fragile commitment to eating right.  I think now that I've realized this, I can fix it.  Hopefully.  Maybe.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

Sorry I have been somewhat absent the last few days...

I had some victories in massive amounts of walking on my vacation and not going totally overboard on meals during the same.

I had some failures in eating too much pizza today, as well as having dessert every night of my vacation.

My boyfriend is helping to support me in dietary vigilance over the next week, and I'm looking at what I might be able to add in terms of a very slow and steady increase in bodyweight work, as doing that helped immensely in my weight stuff in the past, but it was a lot of too much, too fast.

It sounds like you did much better this week than I did.  My superior self control at the beginning of the week quickly devolved into a free-for-all.  And today's weigh-in proves it:  159.6, which means I GAINED two pounds this week.  I'm hoping the imminence of "shark week" can account for some of that, because a two pound gain is ridiculous.  I'm finding the stress of moving is getting to me more than I expected.  I need to take it out with more exercise and less eating, though.

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

GRIZZY'S SECOND WEIGH-IN!

WEIGHT: 193.2 pounds!!! 193.8 pounds!!! (I misremembered the number on the scale)

MEASUREMENTS

NECK: 14.5 in!!!

ARMS: 15 in/15in!!!

CHEST: 41 in!!!

WAIST:33.5 in!!!

HIPS: 47 in!!!

THIGH: 28 in/28 in!!!

So, that means I basically lost 1.6 .8 pounds and approximately one boob-inch, but nothing else. *sigh* (then again, I didn't exactly work hard this week)

This week felt sort of crappy in every diet and exercise way possible. I felt like I was eating whatever I could get my hands on for all but yesterday.

GRIZZY'S THIRD WEIGH-IN!

WEIGHT: 193.4 pounds!!! (I have no idea how I lost any weight. No idea whatsoever.)

MEASUREMENTS

NECK: 14.5 in!!!

ARMS: 15 in/15in!!!

CHEST: 40 in!!! (NOOO BOOBS WHY ARE YOU LEAVING???)

WAIST:33 in!!!

HIPS: 46 in!!!

THIGH: 27 in/27 in!!!

I really can't explain this week. I arbitrarily lost an inch in my chest, half an inch in my waist, an inch in my hips, and an inch in my thighs. I have no idea what sorcery was cast upon me for this to occur, because it sure as hell wasn't through hard work and restraint.

I have decided that I really, really want to be under 190 pounds by the end of this challenge, but I'm having a hard time reigning in my diet. I'm considering the possibility of trying to make my meals approximately the same volume, but half fruit and vegetables. I really could use more veggies in my diet, and I don't mind eating fruits and vegetables, we just tend not to have a lot of them in the house.

Got any ideas for better eating, PB?

I don't know your source of powers, either, but if you figure it out, pass it on, okay?  Well done!  Again!

I am now 161.8 lbs, which means I gained ANOTHER 2.2 lbs.  This is totally the opposite of what is supposed to happen.  Damn you, stress eating!

Neck: 13.25

Arms:  12.5/12.75

Chest:  40

Waist: 35, 39, 43.5

Hips: 42

Thigh: 23/23

I have no idea how my measurements measure up...I'll have to go back and look at page 1.

Ok...interesting.  From 2 weeks ago:

MEASUREMENTS:

CHEST: 40 in (I didn't want to measure this one.  Reduction in this area is only depressing.)

WAIST*:  (Natural waist) 35 in; (@Navel) 40 in; (the postpartum belly) 43.75 in

Current measurements:  Neck the same, arms larger, chest the same, waist at navel and belly smaller, hips larger, thighs larger.  I have no idea what this means.  I gained legs and arms and lost waist/belly?  That sounds promising, right?

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness

I have decided that I really, really want to be under 190 pounds by the end of this challenge, but I'm having a hard time reigning in my diet. I'm considering the possibility of trying to make my meals approximately the same volume, but half fruit and vegetables. I really could use more veggies in my diet, and I don't mind eating fruits and vegetables, we just tend not to have a lot of them in the house.

Got any ideas for better eating, PB?

I have heard of that technique (half plate of veggies) before, but have never tried it.  I'm in the same boat as you about not keeping enough fresh foods around.

I think I'd like to get back to tinkering with hunger and fullness for now.  I'm eating a lot from emotions and not hunger, so I think that would take a lot of the calories out.  I'd like to get back to eating more veggies, but I don't see that happening until after the move (in 11 days!!!!)

Life before Death

Strength before Weakness